Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UConn 2013-2014: Let the Cavanaugh Era Begin

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
    I heard from a reliable source that Corey Ronan committed to UConn recently. Can anyone confirm this?
    Yes he did. Not that anything good has ever come from Franklin.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      Yes he did. Not that anything good has ever come from Franklin.
      I resemble that remark!
      Originally posted by mookie1995
      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
        Speaking of taking things to a new level, has anyone watched Center Ice on UCONNHUSKIES.com? I guess it will be a weekly thing, with a player interview, one with Cav and so forth. Worth watchingif only for Emily, the host. She's easy on the eyes!
        Excellent show. Consistent with UConn communications quality for their big sports. Encouraging.

Comment

Interview with UConn assistant coach/former BU Terrier Joe Pereira
          GO BU

Comment

Congrats to Coach Cav and staff on their first win last night.

Comment

Good luck tonight UConn! Hoping to see a good mid-week student crowd there tonight.

Comment

Solid comeback! Boys are buying in and it's working. Huge game Friday night.

Comment

My feeling too. Seeing this team come back last night and down 2 against Union tells they have that tough streak that showed itself last season.

Comment

Very tough important game tonight. Battle for supremacy in the AHA East.

Comment

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
                      Very tough important game tonight. Battle for supremacy in the AHA East.
                      Horrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butch View Post
                        Horrible.
                        I get the feeling people following UConn Hockey on this board only post when they have negative things to say. Again, I'm new to the site, but it's evident when the team rolls a few W's together, it's silent, but when they lose people start commenting. Anyway.

UConn actually played a good game Friday night. Bottom line is you need to score goals, but as a fan this early in the season, I like to see the amount of chances they had. How many pipes did they hit? If I'm the coach and team, I move on quickly and forget the result.

Tonight is all about Grogan and solid team D. BU is coming off an embarrassing loss, so it's not going to be easy, but stranger things have happened. Although BU has about 15 more scholarships, the old coaches adage applies...."will beats skill". Lets try to take advantage of them while they are feeling sorry for themselves.

Comment

Does anyone know when/where tickets to the UConn Hockey Classic at the XL will be available? There's nothing listed on the UConn or XL wesbsites.
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                          Northeast Regional:
                          West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UConnHuskies View Post
                            I get the feeling people following UConn Hockey on this board only post when they have negative things to say. Again, I'm new to the site, but it's evident when the team rolls a few W's together, it's silent, but when they lose people start commenting. Anyway.

UConn actually played a good game Friday night. Bottom line is you need to score goals, but as a fan this early in the season, I like to see the amount of chances they had. How many pipes did they hit? If I'm the coach and team, I move on quickly and forget the result.

Tonight is all about Grogan and solid team D. BU is coming off an embarrassing loss, so it's not going to be easy, but stranger things have happened. Although BU has about 15 more scholarships, the old coaches adage applies...."will beats skill". Lets try to take advantage of them while they are feeling sorry for themselves.
                            You are assuming very wrong. I am elated we were able to hire Cavanaugh. I go to UConn games when they are in New Haven or Fairfield County. Otherwise, I go to Yale or QU games.

I even tried to pitch UConn to the B1G fans here for future B1G expansion and, unfortunately, our football team is completely screwed up this year. Pasqualoni was one of the dumbest hires I ever saw. Some fans here were having fun harassing me for letting them know we are on their radar before the season started. (I personally prefer the ACC and Hockey East.)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                              Does anyone know when/where tickets to the UConn Hockey Classic at the XL will be available? There's nothing listed on the UConn or XL wesbsites.
                              Interesting that the UConn schedule on their site lists the tournament at the XL Center and the Quinnipiac schedule lists it at Freitas Ice Forum in Storrs.
                              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                              https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                                Interesting that the UConn schedule on their site lists the tournament at the XL Center and the Quinnipiac schedule lists it at Freitas Ice Forum in Storrs.
                                I got an email a while ago saying it was being changed from Freitas to the XL.
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                                Northeast Regional:
                                West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X