Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I read on the WSJ site the 3rd line was Dahl/Little/Navin and the 4th line was Meuer/Soleway/Besse. That 3rd line doesn't seem to have any scoring punch, but I do kinda like the 4th line, as long as they roll 4 lines consistently. Soleway and Besse have to see more ice time than a typical 4th line would see in spotted action.

based on those lines I'd flip Besse and Soleway with Little and Navin as we know what we're getting w/Navin and Little which is solid effort and defensively responsible, but I'd like to think Besse (certainly) and Soleway (possibly) offer more offensive punch.

speaking of Navin, that's a kid who really needs to take the next step.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      speaking of Navin, that's a kid who really needs to take the next step.
      I kinda feel bad he got brought in early due to a departure, he could have used some USHL seasoning.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I kinda feel bad he got brought in early due to a departure, he could have used some USHL seasoning.

agreed, one possibly 2 years in the USHL would have done him a lot of good.
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          agreed, one possibly 2 years in the USHL would have done him a lot of good.
          I had thought it would be a good idea to redshirt him to buy him another year of development seeing as this year we've got some depth.

Comment

I had thought it would be a good idea to redshirt him to buy him another year of development seeing as this year we've got some depth.
            Buffalo would pull him out of school immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
              Buffalo would pull him out of school immediately.
              Ultimately it would be Navin's choice. At this point it seems apparent that his degree is probably pretty important to his long term future. But here's to hoping he has a breakout year, which would be awesome.

I'm curious what kind of leverage does an NHL team have? Can they just cut ties with a player if they don't do what they want him to?

Are stats available to the general public like the amount of icetime players get at the college level?

Comment

Ultimately it would be Navin's choice. At this point it seems apparent that his degree is probably pretty important to his long term future. But here's to hoping he has a breakout year, which would be awesome.

I'm curious what kind of leverage does an NHL team have? Can they just cut ties with a player if they don't do what they want him to?

Are stats available to the general public like the amount of icetime players get at the college level?
                Yes, it would ultimately be Navin's choice, but he would leave if they told him to redshirt (which, they never wood because they leave it up to the player to make that call and Navin would never willingly redshirt as a junior when the team is top 5 in the country).

Yes, the NHL team can drop ties with any player they've drafted.

Ice time is not a tracked stat, at least publicly. Individual coaching staff's probably do it, but not released to media or public.

Comment

Yes, the NHL team can drop ties with any player they've drafted.
                  Knowing that, then yes, if Buffalo told him to drop out of school or we'll cut ties, he would drop out.

Icetime....I was just curious if the general public would be able to know how much ice time the 4th line was getting.....

Comment

Icetime....I was just curious if the general public would be able to know how much ice time the 4th line was getting.....
                    Not unless you bring a stop watch to the Kohl Center.

Comment

Not unless you bring a stop watch to the Kohl Center.
                      As our fearless reporter who attends many games I'm sure you'll do your due diligence and let us know how it's going.

Comment

So, I just compared my boy's schedule with the Badgers and see that I will not see a home game in person from 12/7 (PSU) through (gulp ) 1/11 (Michigan). Playing Michigan was one of the reasons that I was happy for the BTHC.

Who knew that high school played nearly every Saturday? And also that the Badgers home schedule is heavily concentrated in December and January (the heart of his season)? Bucky doesn't leave town for basically two entire months.

The Thursday - Friday Minnesota series works nicely for me though.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          So, I just compared my boy's schedule with the Badgers and see that I will not see a home game in person from 12/7 (PSU) through (gulp ) 1/11 (Michigan). Playing Michigan was one of the reasons that I was happy for the BTHC.

Who knew that high school played nearly every Saturday? And also that the Badgers home schedule is heavily concentrated in December and January (the heart of his season)? Bucky doesn't leave town for basically two entire months.

The Thursday - Friday Minnesota series works nicely for me though.
                          ...and I'm going to be sad when I won't see a home game in person after the CC series and before the Michigan series - I can't imagine your pain! (I'm really looking forward to that NoDak/Michigan home hockey weekend in January.)

Comment

I wrote up a preview on the Big Ten in case any of you guys feel like reading this afternoon. LINK

Comment

NBC Sports Network picks up three Wisconsin games. LINK

Comment

NBC Sports Network picks up three Wisconsin games. LINK
                                I don't know if this has been addressed yet, but is there any chance of the BC/BU games being on TV in Madison?

Comment

Working...
                                X