PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Hockey Scheduling Disparities

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Gurtholfin
05-24-2013, 10:40 AM
Wisconsin fans don't understand hockey, so it's not surprising when they try and shift the discussion to football.

Just a fore-warning to Michigan fans.

Yeah, um, the Wolverine fan brought up football.

More jerkin'...

FlagDUDE08
05-24-2013, 10:43 AM

More jerkin'...

Do Wolverine fans know that any sports other than football exist? :p:D

Patman
05-24-2013, 10:44 AM

Beer pong

FlagDUDE08
05-24-2013, 10:46 AM
Beer pong

I thought that was Dartmouth... (the supposed inventors of beer pong)

Patman
05-24-2013, 10:56 AM
I thought that was Dartmouth... (the supposed inventors of beer pong)

I didn't say they were original

FlagDUDE08
05-24-2013, 11:17 AM
I didn't say they were original

They are repetitive, though. I seem to remember the MTU counters getting up to 17 instances of Band Room Riff.

Tipsy McStagger
05-24-2013, 11:34 AM
They made the bouncy ball championship game, so they probably know that exists.

FlagDUDE08
05-24-2013, 12:15 PM

I thought that was all Sparty knew about... ;)

streaker
05-24-2013, 01:11 PM

Woo-hoo, we have a Lacrosse team also. I guess that is up RPI's alley.

davyd83
05-24-2013, 07:17 PM

More jerkin'...

The Wolerines seem to think "everyone wants to play at Yost." That couldn't be further from the truth. Everyone wants to play Michigan AT HOME!

burd
05-24-2013, 08:15 PM
This is a Dubbs Thread.

By rule, it must be a circle jerk - which you have contributed to.

Thanks!

Stop acting like a child. You are preventing those of us who actually want to talk hockey from doing so. :D

Shirtless Guy
05-24-2013, 08:27 PM
Not sure what the future schedule is. I'd have to ask. I do know that the series with MTU is being reciprocated.

I think Michigan owed UNO a series back after they went to Yost for a series the first year they went to the W.

Last time I checked it was a two for one, I know mtu was hoping to get a 2 for 2 but not likely.

davyd83
05-24-2013, 09:17 PM
Last time I checked it was a two for one, I know mtu was hoping to get a 2 for 2 but not likely.That grueling 74 minute flight is a tough trip. You can't expect them to do that twice! And the fact that Houghton doesn't have any five star hotels or four star gourmet restaurants makes it tough as well. If they have to stay at the Magnusson and have a pregame meal at Gino's I don't know how they'll make it.

Shirtless Guy
05-25-2013, 12:55 AM
That grueling 74 minute flight is a tough trip. You can't expect them to do that twice! And the fact that Houghton doesn't have any five star hotels or four star gourmet restaurants makes it tough as well. If they have to stay at the Magnusson and have a pregame meal at Gino's I don't know how they'll make it.they fly charter I take it? Cause there is no direct flight from Detroit to Houghton.

davyd83
05-25-2013, 01:49 AM
they fly charter I take it? Cause there is no direct flight from Detroit to Houghton.

There are direct flights to Marquette from Detroit. They flew charter as well.

CLS
06-06-2013, 11:37 AM
I hate to resurrect this thread, because the old one devolved into such a pizzing contest, but it seems to me that this article (you need to read down a bit; the first part relates to the Regional Structure) mentions a much better approach to the scheduling disparity issue. I think it would also argue for changing to some KRACH-like system for determining the tournament makeup, because KRACH, at least as I understand it, is better equipped to consider home/away scheduling disparities than the clumsy “Bonus Points” system that was used before.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2013/06/05_committee_discussing_regional.php

JDUBBS1280
06-06-2013, 12:06 PM
I hate to resurrect this thread, because the old one devolved into such a pizzing contest, but it seems to me that this article (you need to read down a bit; the first part relates to the Regional Structure) mentions a much better approach to the scheduling disparity issue. I think it would also argue for changing to some KRACH-like system for determining the tournament makeup, because KRACH, at least as I understand it, is better equipped to consider home/away scheduling disparities than the clumsy “Bonus Points” system that was used before.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2013/06/05_committee_discussing_regional.php

Good read. Thanks!

Goon
06-07-2013, 10:16 AM
they fly charter I take it? Cause there is no direct flight from Detroit to Houghton.
Wouldn't it be hard to land a big jet there in Houghton, Michigan... I remember when UND flew to Houghton to play MTU in football during the Division II football playoffs and that airport landing strip was an issue.

Shirtless Guy
06-07-2013, 10:29 AM
Wouldn't it be hard to land a big jet there in Houghton, Michigan... I remember when UND flew to Houghton to play MTU in football during the Division II football playoffs and that airport landing strip was an issue.A big jet? Sure, but there are daily flights into houghton. When it was delta out of Minneapolis there were 3 flights a day. last flight in and first flight out were a 4 across jet, the other flights were turbo prop.

Goon
06-07-2013, 10:30 AM
A big jet? Sure, but there are daily flights into houghton. When it was delta out of Minneapolis there were 3 flights a day. last flight in and first flight out were a 4 across jet, the other flights were turbo prop.
Now I heard they have the Saab Jets. No more Delta eh?