PDA

View Full Version : best pep band ever - anywhere

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Osorojo
05-19-2013, 01:57 PM
Pep bands add to the experience of attending a DI college hockey game. In your experience which schools' bands contribute the most to the atmosphere of DI college hockey?

VermontfaninNY
05-19-2013, 02:25 PM
In sheer terms of getting under the opponents teams skin, there is no one better than the Clarkson pep band.

huskyfan
05-19-2013, 02:31 PM
the second best feeling in the world. Michigan Tech Pep Band.

herbst20
05-19-2013, 02:38 PM
Wisconsin bar none.

FlagDUDE08
05-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Here's an easier question: What team do you root for?

Ralph Baer
05-19-2013, 03:55 PM

That would allow Union fans to answer. ;)

kdiff77
05-19-2013, 04:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrnHuCRT15M

Sure, they suck in general, but this is pretty cool.

LordofBrewtown
05-19-2013, 05:03 PM
Wisconsin bar none.
30 Years ago that was true.
20 Years ago also.
10 years ago maybe.
Currently - they are good, but, not great/don't control the atmosphere like they once did. The student section in general at hockey games has declined dramatically - some classic chants are gone, originality has decreased tremendously, and a lot of football chants have made their way into the rink. The student section somewhat takes their lead from the band, & the band has really dialed it back over the last ten years - seems to be much more conservative. I'm not sure if that's at Barry's direction, or Leckrone is just getting old/mellow in his old age. I just know that Badger hockey games do not have the party atmosphere they used to, and the band has to take some of that responsibility.

joecct
05-19-2013, 05:05 PM
In the ECAC pick between Cornell or Clarkson.

Osorojo
05-19-2013, 05:16 PM

Depends on who's playing - usually root for the underdog.

Biddco
05-19-2013, 05:22 PM
Nickelback or Gary Glitter.

MinnesotaNorthStar
05-19-2013, 05:45 PM
Nickelback or Gary Glitter.So, St. Cloud State?

huskyfan
05-19-2013, 07:16 PM
So, St. Cloud State?

Pink Pony
05-19-2013, 07:43 PM
[QUOTE=herbst20;5727100]Wisconsin bar none.[/QUOTE

My vote is for Wisconsin.

true2BSU
05-19-2013, 08:08 PM
My vote is the Michigan Tech band. When they came to the WCHA playoffs in St. Paul they owned that building! They supported any team who did not have a band traveling with them by playing as if they were their home band. This was a few years ago but there was an energy that they created which was fantastic and probably impossible to ever replicate. Loved the energy, the support of other teams without a band and those great gold and black stripped overalls.

Pink Pony
05-19-2013, 08:41 PM
My vote is the Michigan Tech band. When they came to the WCHA playoffs in St. Paul they owned that building! They supported any team who did not have a band traveling with them by playing as if they were their home band. This was a few years ago but there was an energy that they created which was fantastic and probably impossible to ever replicate. Loved the energy, the support of other teams without a band and those great gold and black stripped overalls.

Best dressed.

The Rube
05-19-2013, 08:43 PM

This.

Split-N
05-19-2013, 10:38 PM
I'm going to give some love to the George Mason University Band (Fairfax, VA), which was "rented" by Bemidji State when it made it through to the 2009 FF in Washington, DC. Conveniently, GMU and Bemidji share the same school colors, and GMU had recent FF experience (bouncyball - 2006). Had to chuckle more than a few times when I overheard people remark about how good the Bemidji band was. To this day, anytime I go to a bouncyball game at GMU, I make it a point to stride past the band director and say, "Oh look, the Bemidji State Band is here!"

BTW, more than a few parallels between the GMU and MTU bands in terms of style and showmanship.

Saints#1
05-19-2013, 11:05 PM
In the ECAC I would have have to say ... GULP ... Clarkson

**Washes mouth out with soap**

fr joe
05-20-2013, 12:08 AM
In the ECAC I would have have to say ... GULP ... Clarkson

**Washes mouth out with soap**

I have heard the Clarkson band in person... when they've played at the Houston Filed House, they were the second best band in the building. I respect the comments of other posters...maybe most bands don't travel that well.