PDA

View Full Version : Hockey support in Georgia

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

slowe
05-17-2013, 09:59 PM
I know this doesn't belong here, but college hockey of all kinds deserves support. University of Georgia is trying to get a small rink near Athens Georgia for their ACHA D3 team. Check ou their online interest survey, especially if you live in the area or know someone that does.

http://georgia.sechchockey.com/?p=955?shared=email&msg=fail

Pink Pony
05-17-2013, 10:10 PM
I know this doesn't belong here, but college hockey of all kinds deserves support. University of Georgia is trying to get a small rink near Athens Georgia for their ACHA D3 team. Check ou their online interest survey, especially if you live in the area or know someone that does.

http://georgia.sechchockey.com/?p=955?shared=email&msg=fail

Is Penn State on the schedule yet?

Scarlet
05-18-2013, 06:52 AM
The organizers tweeted Samuel L. Jackson for him to retweet for support and he did! I thought that was pretty cool.

Pink Pony
05-18-2013, 09:28 AM
First the Atlanta Flames, next the Atlanta Thrashers and now the Georgia Bulldogs.

joecct
05-18-2013, 09:43 AM
First the Atlanta Flames, next the Atlanta Thrashers and now the Georgia Bulldogs.

Some would argue that the SEC is better run than the NHL.

Rogie21
05-18-2013, 10:03 AM

You forgot the Macon Whoopees (http://www.hockeydb.com/stte/macon-whoopee-6706.html).

Pink Pony
05-18-2013, 10:04 AM
You forgot the Macon Whoopees (http://www.hockeydb.com/stte/macon-whoopee-6706.html).

Augusta Lynx

davyd83
05-18-2013, 02:43 PM
Columbus Cottonmouths, Atlanta Knights and Macon Trax

ExileOnDaytonStreet
05-18-2013, 10:09 PM

Bulldogs can't move to Canada...

Pink Pony
05-18-2013, 10:11 PM
How many Division 1 college players came from Georgia?

I only can recall one was it Brad Smith played for Norh Dakota. Any others?

Patman
05-18-2013, 10:41 PM

Kamrass at UML (Atlanta)

drcobbmustgonow
05-18-2013, 10:44 PM
Chris Kamal (UAA)-Alpharetta, Ga.

5hole
05-18-2013, 11:40 PM
Here are a few that I can think of real quick:

Chris Lochner (Niagara) - Alpharetta, GA
Neil Ruffini (UAH) - Roswell, GA
Dave Caruso (Ohio St) - Roswell, GA
Doug Jones (Dartmouth) - Marietta, GA
Brad Miller (NoDak) - Alpharetta, GA
Jon Horrell (BGSU) - Acworth, GA

JDUBBS1280
05-19-2013, 07:11 AM

Wisconsin fans will tell you it doesn't matter how many players you produce in-state. In-state recruiting is irrelevant to the strength of any program, for any sport, in any state. They'd rather recruit from other states, then refuse to give back by refusing to play the smaller programs in those states.

davyd83
05-19-2013, 07:17 AM
Wisconsin fans will tell you it doesn't matter how many players you produce in-state. In-state recruiting is irrelevant to the strength of any program, for any sport, in any state. They'd rather recruit from other states, then refuse to give back by refusing to play the smaller programs in those states.

Which smaller programs can Wisconsin play in hockey? MSOE? Lawrence? In football? Oshkosh? Northland?

JDUBBS1280
05-19-2013, 07:29 AM
Which smaller programs can Wisconsin play in hockey? MSOE? Lawrence? In football? Oshkosh? Northland?

I said....

They'd rather recruit from other states, then refuse to give back by refusing to play the smaller programs in those states.

I'm referring to certain D1 hockey teams UW has, until now, shared a conference with.

davyd83
05-19-2013, 07:42 AM
I said....

I'm referring to certain D1 hockey teams UW has, until now, shared a conference with.
Should I say that one of those programs shall remain nameless...especially since they are...hmmmm...nameless?

JDUBBS1280
05-19-2013, 07:49 AM
Should I say that one of those programs shall remain nameless...especially since they are...hmmmm...nameless?

I think they'll be playing the nameless team again starting the season after next season, but I guess the other smaller schools aren't worthy enough.

CDOUG
05-19-2013, 08:33 AM

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the fact the Wisconsin recruits heavily in Minnesota and yet anyone want to take bets on the odds the Badgers ever go to Mankato or Bemidji again. The rumor is Wisconsin told UMD that "we want to play you still but it needs to be a 2 for 1 deal"...UMD told them to take a flying leap. I'm guessing Wisconsin told St.Cloud the same thing. As a Bulldog fan I'm going to miss the road trip to Madison but I hope that they don't cave into any 2 for 1 B.S.

JDUBBS1280
05-19-2013, 08:39 AM
I'm pretty sure he was talking about the fact the Wisconsin recruits heavily in Minnesota and yet anyone want to take bets on the odds the Badgers ever go to Mankato or Bemidji again. The rumor is Wisconsin told UMD that "we want to play you still but it needs to be a 2 for 1 deal"...UMD told them to take a flying leap. I'm guessing Wisconsin told St.Cloud the same thing. As a Bulldog fan I'm going to miss the road trip to Madison but I hope that they don't cave into any 2 for 1 B.S.

Exactly what I'm talking about. They lean on Minnesota heavily in their recruiting, but won't help the smaller D1 programs (that they used to share a conference with no less) so that kids in the region continue to have as many opportunities to play at the next level.

The irony is that UW folded their own program for 30 years.