Atlantic Hockey Adds to Scholarship Limit, Mulls Expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlantic Hockey Adds to Scholarship Limit, Mulls Expansion

Atlantic Hockey will go to 13 scholarships in 14-15, and 14 scholarships in 15-16. They are also in talks with two insitutions about expansion.

http://www.atlantichockeyonline.com/...ychanges051713

Discuss...
    Bentley University Hockey
    On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Re: Atlantic Hockey Adds to Scholarship Limit, Mulls Expansion

Sounds like they are going to replace UConn plus add a 13th member. Kind of a strange number for a conference. I guess you do a 1 game play-in to the playoffs, and do away with the pod system for scheduling?

Comment

Screw the play-in, make somebody stay home!
      Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Per Chris Lerch's article: "The commissioner said the league plans to return to 12 teams and expects to add one of two schools that have shown major interest. Sacred Heart athletic director Don Cook will chair the expansion initiative."

http://www.uscho.com/2013/05/17/atla...#ixzz2TaBRIJs1
        Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
        College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
        Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
        Men's Frozen Four 2010
        Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
        Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

A 13 team conference? Unless the teams joining are strong, like when Air Force/RIT/Niagara/RMU joing, this will hurt PWR. Also, unless they implement a cut off at 8, 10, or 12 teams, the likelihood of getting into the NCAA just got worse.

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
          Per Chris Lerch's article: "The commissioner said the league plans to return to 12 teams and expects to add one of two schools that have shown major interest. Sacred Heart athletic director Don Cook will chair the expansion initiative."

http://www.uscho.com/2013/05/17/atla...#ixzz2TaBRIJs1
          RIT Tigers

Comment

Well, until RIT moves up to D2 the scholarships wont be meaning much to us. Unless, that is, every other team starts out classing us.
            RIT Tigers

Comment

There are currently two institutions that have expressed interest in replacing Connecticut.
              Naturally, one wonders who the two schools are that have expressed interest. One has to assume that until the rules for D-III schools playing up are relaxed that our top suspects will be D-II schools currently playing D-III schedules and any school looking to start a new program. Of the latter, Navy is the sentimental favorite.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

URI, Navy, and St. Anslem are still in the running right? I guess we'll hear soon since the article says they're awaiting applications.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                Naturally, one wonders who the two schools are that have expressed interest. One has to assume that until the rules for D-III schools playing up are relaxed that our top suspects will be D-II schools currently playing D-III schedules and any school looking to start a new program. Of the latter, Navy is the sentimental favorite.
                RIT Tigers

Comment

It said two institutions. So one of those three either withdrew or was eliminated from consideration. Let the guessing begin.

Comment

Bet: URI and St. A's

Hope: Navy and St. A's
                    Bentley University Hockey
                    On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Hopefully it is only one year of 11 teams. Though it will make teams playing Air Force more than twice not have to deal with the one road game issue.

Anyone have an in with St. A, Navy or Rhode Island?

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                        Well, until RIT moves up to D2 the scholarships wont be meaning much to us. Unless, that is, every other team starts out classing us.
                        That's my biggest concern here. This puts RIT at an even bigger disadvantage.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                          That's my biggest concern here. This puts RIT at an even bigger disadvantage.

Powers &8^]
                          The rest of the AHA, maybe sans AFA, wishes they were as "disadvantaged" as RIT...

Best fan base in the league, the Ritter is already one of the best, pure college barns/experiences in the NCAA and they obviously are upgrading there. In addition, the league tournament is a home game on steroids as you take the Ritter multiply it times 5 and move down the street! Plus as far as the scholarship thing goes, RIT has a healthy (to say the least) financial aid set-up. Life is pretty easy for RIT compared to the struggles of their counterparts...

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyjunkie10 View Post
                            The rest of the AHA, maybe sans AFA, wishes they were as "disadvantaged" as RIT...

Best fan base in the league, the Ritter is already one of the best, pure college barns/experiences in the NCAA and they obviously are upgrading there. In addition, the league tournament is a home game on steroids as you take the Ritter multiply it times 5 and move down the street! Plus as far as the scholarship thing goes, RIT has a healthy (to say the least) financial aid set-up. Life is pretty easy for RIT compared to the struggles of their counterparts...
                            As long as they don't give preferential aid to athletes, RIT is OK.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Expansion? My vote is for Navy.

Comment

Working...
                              X