PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. XXVI: Make him an offer he can't refuse

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Chuck Schwartz
05-15-2013, 03:08 AM
******** width="640" height="360">******* name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SeldwfOwuL8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param>******* name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>******* name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param>******* src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SeldwfOwuL8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

2013 Recruits:

Grant Besse -- F -- Benilde-St. Margaret's High School
Aidan Cavallini -- F -- Brookings Blizzard (NAHL)
Tim Davison -- D -- Chicago Steel (USHL)
Gabe Grunwald -- G -- Georgetown Raiders (OJHL)
Corbin McGuire -- F -- Jersey Hitmen (EJHL)
Jedd Soleway -- F -- Penticton Vees (BCHL)

2014 Recruits:

Keegan Ford -- D -- Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL)
Jake Linhart -- D -- Green Bay Gamblers (USHL)
Peter Tischke -- D -- Chicago Mission U18

2015 Recruits:

Matt Berkovitz -- D -- Ashwaubenon High School
Christian Dvorak -- F -- Chicago Mission U18
Seamus Malone -- F -- Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL)

ExileOnDaytonStreet
05-15-2013, 08:40 AM
Nice title.

Timothy A
05-15-2013, 12:56 PM
Nice title.

Love the title.

RinkPig
05-15-2013, 04:24 PM
When is the last time Sconi had the USHL player of the year coming into their program?
MN domination over Becky continues in the BTHC.
Everyone says how great Eaves is, but when will he learn to recruit?

Bonin21
05-15-2013, 04:31 PM
To put it more nicely, how much of a role did Osiecki play in recruiting the NHL names uw fans fall back on, and are the days of ridiculous D corps over?

Gandalf the Red
05-15-2013, 09:31 PM
When is the last time Sconi had the USHL player of the year coming into their program?

Badgers are totally screwed now, they won't have the USHL player of the year. Close the doors, fire the workers, let all the players transfer; it's over.

Timothy A
05-16-2013, 12:20 PM

Good question. Most UW fans have various issues with Eaves' recruiting, you're not gonna get a stampede of Eaves defenders to attack you, which of course is exactly what you want.

Oz was a huge cog in the recruiting machine, and UW has missed him since he left.

WiscTJK
05-16-2013, 03:41 PM
You talk like there are more than a dozen or so UW Hockey fans out there who actually follow recruiting and are more than just casual spectators of the team. Pretty cute ;)

I think it would be a great idea for UW to create some fan education videos to put on the program's page of the UW athletics site. My suggestion for the first video would be an explanation of delayed penalties.

"No, you can't gain possession and score when the opponent's goalie goes to the bench on a delayed penalty for an extra attacker, but we love the enthusiasm and your supreme dancing and cheering skills!"

Silly Trolls. Nice try getting us riled up. You can now head back down to your mommy's basement.

ExileOnDaytonStreet
05-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Good question. Most UW fans have various issues with Eaves' recruiting, you're not gonna get a stampede of Eaves defenders to attack you, which of course is exactly what you want.

Oz was a huge cog in the recruiting machine, and UW has missed him since he left.We've had some pretty good defenders show up since Oz left, but I'm trying to think which of them might have still been recruited by him before he left.

Bonin21
05-16-2013, 07:55 PM
We've had some pretty good defenders show up since Oz left, but I'm trying to think which of them might have still been recruited by him before he left.
Heisenberg's site can probably give a decent idea. You'd have to let me know what you think of this list, but these don't look like first and second round picks. D recruits with commitment dates (based on the site so some dates can be off) after Osiecki was hired at OSU:
Davison - 9/5/10
Daly - 1/8/11
Linhart - 9/26/11
Wittchow - 12/9/11
Tischke - 5/16/12
Ford - 9/9/12
Berkovitz - 10/2/12

solovsfett
05-16-2013, 10:49 PM
to our little rat friends who are so obsessed with UW hockey despite being from the alleged "State of Hockey"

go get your ****ing shineboxes rats (public service announcement: this is only meant for Rinkpig and Jdubbs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pQ6fd6iO_c

Chuck Schwartz
05-17-2013, 01:23 AM
Heisenberg's site can probably give a decent idea. You'd have to let me know what you think of this list, but these don't look like first and second round picks. D recruits with commitment dates (based on the site so some dates can be off) after Osiecki was hired at OSU:
Davison - 9/5/10
Daly - 1/8/11
Linhart - 9/26/11
Wittchow - 12/9/11
Tischke - 5/16/12
Ford - 9/9/12
Berkovitz - 10/2/12

Some pretty darn good hockey players in this list. Forgot Kevin Schulze, too.

JDUBBS1280
05-17-2013, 06:55 AM

I like Wittchow and Tischke, who I think will be above average players in college hockey. The rest of that list doesn't do anything for me.

Bonin21
05-17-2013, 09:28 AM
Yup, it looks like the timing of the commitment for Schulze made him miss Heisenberg's site. When I mention first and second round picks, the story really turns to how crazy it was to have that many on one squad a few years ago. Unfortunately, I feel like non-CHL picks in those rounds are decreasing. I haven't looked into stats on it, though.

RinkPig
05-17-2013, 09:36 AM
Barry killed The best hockey conference in the world. Thanks buddy!

markwojo
05-17-2013, 11:22 AM

Or maybe he helped create it? If you think the bloated WCHA with Bemidji and Omaha was the greatest evah....then I got some Minnesota North Star playoff tickets for Saturday's game to sell you. The new WCHA was feeding us a steady diet of Bemidji, Tech, Mankato, AA, Omaha while we were seeing less and less of North Dakota, Denver, Duluth and the teams I want to see in Madison. B6 conference cuts what I don't want to see down to at worst 4 games (Ohio St and PSU and even there I think the existing product is far better then the bottom feeder WCHA and the potential is not even in the same zip code) and opens the flexibility to play a diverse out of conference schedule. If we are going to only play North Dakota or Denver twice in season...it shouldn't be because we have to play mankato or tech 4 times.

JDUBBS1280
05-17-2013, 11:39 AM
Or maybe he helped create it? If you think the bloated WCHA with Bemidji and Omaha was the greatest evah....then I got some Minnesota North Star playoff tickets for Saturday's game to sell you. The new WCHA was feeding us a steady diet of Bemidji, Tech, Mankato, AA, Omaha while we were seeing less and less of North Dakota, Denver, Duluth and the teams I want to see in Madison. B6 conference cuts what I don't want to see down to at worst 4 games (Ohio St and PSU and even there I think the existing product is far better then the bottom feeder WCHA and the potential is not even in the same zip code) and opens the flexibility to play a diverse out of conference schedule. If we are going to only play North Dakota or Denver twice in season...it shouldn't be because we have to play mankato or tech 4 times.

OSU's product is better than MSU? LOL! They just canned a great coach for wanting to upgrade their hockey facilities. And just because your program lost to PSU, let's not get carried away with anointing their program as having arrived.

Let's cut to the chase and get to the real reason the BTHC was formed. Swarms of fans of Wisconsin, Ohio State, and probably Penn State can't get into hockey unless it's played against traditional football and bouncy ball opponents.

markwojo
05-17-2013, 11:55 AM
Let's cut to the chase and get to the real reason the BTHC was formed. Swarms of fans of Wisconsin, Ohio State, and probably Penn State can't get into hockey unless it's played against traditional football and bouncy ball opponents.

Couldn't have had anything to do with money.

ExileOnDaytonStreet
05-17-2013, 12:45 PM

******** width="560" height="315">******* name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M4goUqiOL44?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param>******* name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>******* name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param>******* src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M4goUqiOL44?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>.

JDUBBS1280
05-17-2013, 01:31 PM
Couldn't have had anything to do with money.

You mean the extra $2 million a year that doesn't really exist? Minnesota was making plenty of dou before. Just because your program needs football brand recognition to sell hockey that doesn't mean hockey isn't successfully sold on its own merits elsewhere (where it is actually appreciated for just being good hockey).

By the way, Wisconsin once was that new program in the conference after deciding to pick hockey back up after dropping the sport for three decades.. Perhaps the Minnesota's and Michigan's of the world should have told your administration to go pound sand.

Too bad they can't do that now. If the Gophers stopped playing UW your administration would be begging the SCSU, UMD, BSU, and MSU's of the world to play them so that you could get some face time in the best recruiting market in the nation.

So while you might not care that schools like MSU, BSU, Tech, etc... need their matchups with schools like UW (it is true that they need UW far more than UW needs them), don't take for granted the fact that UW needs the Gophers far more than the Gophers will ever need UW.

Just in case your head was thinking about getting any bigger ;)