X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. XXVI: Make him an offer he can't refuse

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
    If he is not a starter in the USHL, is he starting material for UW?
    Good question. He made some gains statistically last year. I think Sanger is a great goalie coach, he certainly has helped Petersen raise his game. Rumpel is as good as advertised, Sanger should get credit for his improvement as well. I'd be confident Sanger can help Grunwald become a legit D1 goalie, though I hope Eaves lands a blue chippah goalie when Rumpel and Petersen leave to challenge Grunwald and be an insurance policy. You can have a team full of future NHL skaters, but if the goalie isn't Elloittesque, the big trophy will elude them.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Started a feature series on the blog that will run every Monday-Wednesday-Friday for the next five weeks on Badger hockey recruiting. Here are the players featured in week one.

Monday -- Matt Berkovitz (Ashwaubenon HS)
      Wednesday -- Grant Besse (Benilde-St. Margaret's HS)
      Friday -- Brock Boeser (Burnsville HS)

Comment

Another 2 great articles by Andy. I can't wait to see Cavallini get on the ice. I love the real physical players.

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2013...-chicago-steel

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2013...kings-blizzard

Note: due to my lack of tech skills, not as pretty as Andy's article post above.
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          Another 2 great articles by Andy. I can't wait to see Cavallini get on the ice. I love the real physical players.

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2013...-chicago-steel

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2013...kings-blizzard

Note: due to my lack of tech skills, not as pretty as Andy's article post above.
          Thanks for the kind words. Features on Tim Davison and Aidan Cavallini so far this week. We'll feature Christian Dvorak on Friday.

Comment

This week's feature players:

Monday -- Aidan Cavallini (Brookings Blizzard, NAHL)
            Wednesday -- Tim Davison (Chicago Steel, USHL)
            Friday -- Christian Dvorak (Chicago Mission U18)

Comment

I feel like a bunch of posts were just deleted from this thread. Am I on crack?
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                I feel like a bunch of posts were just deleted from this thread. Am I on crack?

no, you're not. I reported Jdubbs cause I'm sick of his interference (we don't trash the MN threads). so they took down his posts and all responses to it evidently.
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Hearing Grunwald tried out in Chicago this past weekend in attempts to make the Steel's roster but failed

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                    Hearing Grunwald tried out in Chicago this past weekend in attempts to make the Steel's roster but failed
                    He's been to a couple different USHL camps, very difficult to come in as a non-tendered, non-drafted goalie and make a roster out of camp (as a goalie). I'd be stunned if he's not in Springfield in the NAHL.

Comment

Are we looking at another Aaron Crandall kind of situation here?

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        Are we looking at another Aaron Crandall kind of situation here?
                        Could someone give me a quick rundown on what Crandall's "situation" was?

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                          Could someone give me a quick rundown on what Crandall's "situation" was?
                          His play digressed to the point where after delaying his coming to UW in hopes of him playing better the plug was pulled. It might be better just to bring Grunwald in now so he has additional time to be developed. Or pull the plug.

Overall Eaves has kind of whiffed on goalies. Elliot was an emergency signee after Broduer blew his eligibility (Broduer ended up being ho hum), he got lucky there; Goody was solid but not great, (he's not playing hockey anymore); Cons was good but not great; Rumpel seems to be nearing greatness; Petersen was a puzzling signee but appears to be solid, Crandall and Grunwald are whiffs. Not goaltender U type of players. Did I miss any?
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            His play digressed to the point where after delaying his coming to UW in hopes of him playing better the plug was pulled. It might be better just to bring Grunwald in now so he has additional time to be developed. Or pull the plug.

Overall Eaves has kind of whiffed on goalies. Elliot was an emergency signee after Broduer blew his eligibility (Broduer ended up being ho hum), he got lucky there; Goody was solid but not great, (he's not playing hockey anymore); Cons was good but not great; Rumpel seems to be nearing greatness; Petersen was a puzzling signee but appears to be solid, Crandall and Grunwald are whiffs. Not goaltender U type of players. Did I miss any?
                            Brett Bennett

Comment

Ohio State recruits Tyler Sheehy had Jack Dougherty have officially decommitted.

Comment

Just keeps getting worse over there, doesn't it?

I don't like it. We need a strong OSU to help make the BTHC look better for RPI/PairWise reasons. Not sure how much I like our ability to get at large bids if we fall short in a conference that can't perform well in OOC play against strong teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X