Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Offseason Part II: Mindless Drivel.

Originally posted by TucsonMike View Post
    Where did that come from ? I thought I was responding legitimately with a counter-point. Is that frowned upon on this board?
    No, your counter-point was very, very legitimate. I was referring to the person who's "point" you were responding to.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Oh, got it - my bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        That would be nice. Do we have any current students posting, not counting RKarger who is on co-op?
        Actually bringing my son back up on Saturday, he's not posting here but I have been kick starting his interest in college hockey by joining him at HFH for a handful of games last year. Between his classmates and my passion for the game he is becoming a big RPI fan.
        RPI Engineers
        RIT Tigers
        ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Oh, got it - my bad.
          Don't mind Red Cloud; he's under this belief that I'm a moron, and he's the be-all-end-all knowledge of college hockey. I wasn't referring to the incoming classes for BC, but rather the one that won the NC in 2012. They were a bunch of small speedy guys. We've seen the speed game with Yale as well for a number of years now.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Don't mind Red Cloud; he's under this belief that I'm a moron, and he's the be-all-end-all knowledge of college hockey. I wasn't referring to the incoming classes for BC, but rather the one that won the NC in 2012. They were a bunch of small speedy guys. We've seen the speed game with Yale as well for a number of years now.
            ...a misnomer when people think of BC. As far as their forwards for that NC Team, there were 14 F's, of which only 6 were under 5'11"......of course, one of them was Johnny Hockey.
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Schedule change:

As I mentioned months ago, in recent years Sacred Heart has only played at Harbor Yard in double headers with the Sound Tigers. They simply don't draw well enough to justify renting the building on their own. The AHL schedule was released today and the Sound Tigers are playing the Manchester Monarchs on 10/12 at 7:00. The SHU site now shows the collegiate game at 4:00.

If past practice holds the biggest implication, besides timing, is on ticket prices. Day of game tickets will be at Sound Tigers prices ($16-$50 although you can save $2 with a AAA card). Tickets ordered via SHU are $10. Either way the ticket is good for both games.

Comment

Today is 23 August 2013. There are 43 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2013 for the start of next season.

No roster yet.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Don't mind Red Cloud; he's under this belief that I'm a moron.
                  Gee, I wonder how that might have happened?

I remember those old EFHutton commercials with John Houseman providing the punchline here...

I do agree that he shouldn't insult morons like that.
                  "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Don't mind Red Cloud; he's under this belief that I'm a moron, and he's the be-all-end-all knowledge of college hockey.
                    Hardly, on either front. However, when you feel like acting like the latter, it's possible you may feel like you're being treated as the former.
                    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                      Hardly, on either front. However, when you feel like acting like the latter, it's possible you may feel like you're being treated as the former.
                      I never act as the latter. It is only your misguided perception as such.

Comment

Do we need a post here by Hocky to get us united again?
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Do we need a post here by Hocky to get us united again?
                          naw, it's just a pre-season intra-squad scrimmage. Light checking only, no heavy hitting.

and no more insults to RPI women please!
                          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                            Actually bringing my son back up on Saturday, he's not posting here but I have been kick starting his interest in college hockey by joining him at HFH for a handful of games last year. Between his classmates and my passion for the game he is becoming a big RPI fan.
                            Great work DRF. Glad to see you sharing your enthusiasm for the college game...and RPI hockey.
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Probably could have posted this in the recruit thread too.... anyway, does anyone have any insight as to why the last 2 recruiting classes seem to be focused on smaller (and presumably faster) players? Seems like when the current big bodies we have on D graduate, there will be a significant fall off in size overall for our guys. Apologies if this has already been covered; I'm just curious if Seth has decided to consciously focus on getting players in the 5'8" to 6'0" range or if that is just a coincidence....
                              I'm sure RPI is looking to continue their approach of mixing speedier more skilled puck-with big hammer guys. I think there is a good blend of size through the D classes. The two current commits may be on the smaller side, but we have no idea who Seth may be targeting to add to the mix with them and it also doesn't account for the guys we targeted, but didn't land...including 6'5" 205lb. (D) Conor Light who recently committed to Union.
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Excellent insight here; I hadn't heard about the Union commit we lost....thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X