Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Offseason Part II: Mindless Drivel.

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Today is 13 May 2013. There are 144 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2013 for the start of next season.
    You sure about this?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      You sure about this?
      Thanks.

Did you notice at the end of the last thread, I was off by one day in the number of days left for about the last week? It was eventually fixed when I realized that the number of days left on Saturday wasn't a multiple of seven.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

From time to time we've had discussions here about when to pull the goalie to skate 6 x 5 when trailing.

We now have a new data point for that conversation, eh?

If you are trailing by two goals in game seven of the Stanley Cup playoffs then pulling your goalie with at least 2:30 left sure looks like a good move this morning!
        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Happy Birthday BRO!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Happy Birthday BRO!
            Is he 13 also?
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Is he 13 also?
              Add 9 to that. Or, for jericho's benefit, ^.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                From time to time we've had discussions here about when to pull the goalie to skate 6 x 5 when trailing.

If you are trailing by two goals in game seven of the Stanley Cup playoffs then pulling your goalie with at least 2:30 left sure looks like a good move this morning!
                Yeah, but what a risk! I mean, Boston could have potentially lost 5-2!
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                  Yeah, but what a risk! I mean, Boston could have potentially lost 5-2!
                  And that just would have been turrrrrible! Julien might've lost his job if they had lost 5-2, but kept it if they lost 4-2. Quite the risk he took there, putting his job on the line!
                  Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                    And that just would have been turrrrrible! Julien might've lost his job if they had lost 5-2, but kept it if they lost 4-2. Quite the risk he took there, putting his job on the line!
                    Was the line on the game two goals?
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post

It works best when you have a team that knows how to keep the puck in the offensive zone with the extra man. Some teams are very good at this-others not so good. I am not sure you can practice this and certainly do not understand why some teams can do it so well. What the Bruins did was just something you may never see in your lifetime again. That and the Rangers blowing out the Caps made for a very nice day watching the NHL for me.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Is he 13 also?
                        I would think more likely closer to 18 (his weight in Stones)
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          It works best when you have a team that knows how to keep the puck in the offensive zone with the extra man. Some teams are very good at this-others not so good. I am not sure you can practice this and certainly do not understand why some teams can do it so well. What the Bruins did was just something you may never see in your lifetime again. That and the Rangers blowing out the Caps made for a very nice day watching the NHL for me.
                          Aside from an extra player on each side, how is it any different from the power play? We've had this difficulty for the last couple of years, although with Curtis Leonard and Bo Dolan getting the main point jobs, we have been doing much better on that front, and we have nowhere to go but forward (no pun intended).

Comment

According to the Homecoming schedule on RPI's alumni website, the game on October 5 is to be against St. Mary's University of Halifax, NS at 7 pm.

Anyone get the season ticket order form in the mail yet? I know the early bird return date is usually June 15, which is a month from tomorrow.
                            Last edited by hawthr; 05-15-2013, 10:23 AM. Reason: Month, week... just bring on some hockey!
                            Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                              According to the Homecoming schedule on RPI's alumni website, the game on October 5 is to be against St. Mary's University of Halifax, NS at 7 pm.

Anyone get the season ticket order form in the mail yet? I know the early bird return date is usually June 15, which is a week from tomorrow.
                              Havent gotten anything yet for season ticket order form. You mean a month from tomorrow right?
                              Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                I would think more likely closer to 18 (his weight in Stones)
                                Mick Jagger doesn't weigh that much, so it could be about right.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X