PDA

View Full Version : College hockey and return on investment

Pages : [1] 2

Osorojo
05-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Payscale.com has calculated the return on investment for students attending U.S. colleges and universities. Their list excludes scholarship athletes who depart early without a diploma (within a decade). This is unfair! The "Rah-Rah" spirit generated by recruiting probable early departures provides their schools with a notoriety which must increase gate receipts and increase alumni contributions, thus benefiting the return-on-investment of the general student population. Omitting the generous salaries of early, non-graduating athlete departures explains the return-on-investment rankings for most DI schools with hockey programs.

Nick Papagiorgio
05-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Nachos!

BU2K
05-08-2013, 01:43 PM
Tacquitos!

CLS
05-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Pickled red herrings!

FlagDUDE08
05-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Is it October yet?

Someone likes to wake the aestivaters.

KnightsOfTheRound
05-08-2013, 02:18 PM
John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt, his name is my name too!

KnightsOfTheRound
05-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Lisa needs braces

French Rage
05-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Lisa needs braces

Dental plan!

Slap Shot
05-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Cookies and milk.

FlagDUDE08
05-08-2013, 06:59 PM
I bought some stocks in order to get my return on investment.

FadeToBlack&Gold
05-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Deep-fried human placenta!

Osorojo
05-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Payscale.com ranks a large number of fine college hockey schools WAY down in their ranking of colleges which provide students with return-on-investments. In compiling this list Payscale ignores the return-on-investment athletic scholarship recipients create for the school they attend for whatever time period. Payscale also ignores the handsome salaries and bonuses early departing athletes get for going pro since they didn't graduate. I claimed these omissions lowered the return-on-investment ranks of schools with successful athletic teams.
Posters respond to this suggestion with a list of tasty snack foods, presumably because either they agree with Payscale's skewed statistical analysis of schools with successful athletic programs or these posters are clueless about the subject but they simply MUST say something they hope is cute.

FadeToBlack&Gold
05-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Scorpion suckers! (http://www.bootsnall.com/articles/11-07/13-unusual-snack-foods-from-around-the-world.html)

burd
05-08-2013, 09:37 PM
Rereading On the Road.

Slap Shot
05-10-2013, 01:04 AM
I should have specified chocolate chip.

northeastern
05-10-2013, 10:16 AM
Payscale.com ranks a large number of fine college hockey schools WAY down in their ranking of colleges which provide students with return-on-investments. In compiling this list Payscale ignores the return-on-investment athletic scholarship recipients create for the school they attend for whatever time period. Payscale also ignores the handsome salaries and bonuses early departing athletes get for going pro since they didn't graduate. I claimed these omissions lowered the return-on-investment ranks of schools with successful athletic teams.
Posters respond to this suggestion with a list of tasty snack foods, presumably because either they agree with Payscale's skewed statistical analysis of schools with successful athletic programs or these posters are clueless about the subject but they simply MUST say something they hope is cute.

..the return is minuscule at best, save for a select few. The only return other than that.. play a great sport, stay healthy, stay out of trouble, make some friends, learn life lessons & pass them on to your future family.. and hopefully get a good education at your school. Bit of networking helps as well.. :-)

FreshFish
05-10-2013, 11:40 AM

There is a third, extremely obvious alternative that seems to have escaped you somehow.

Osorojo
05-10-2013, 11:56 AM
There is a third, extremely obvious alternative that seems to have escaped you somehow.

Cocktail weenies in tangy red sauce?

matt
05-10-2013, 04:26 PM
Cocktail weenies in tangy red sauce?

Crepes.

Jimjamesak
05-12-2013, 08:55 PM
I don't hope this is cute...
http://dashie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/rsz/mlfw9382_medium.jpg
I know it's cute!