Yale Off Season 2013-2014 "That was fun... May we have another?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yale Off Season 2013-2014 "That was fun... May we have another?"

Please do NOT hesitate to continue the National championship celebration here. I was driving up 95 in West Haven today and thought how great it might be to have one of the State DOT national championship signs right in front of West Campus.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    Please do NOT hesitate to continue the National championship celebration here. I was driving up 95 in West Haven today and thought how great it might be to have one of the State DOT national championship signs right in front of West Campus.
    That's a no brainer

Comment

Re: Yale Off Season 2013-2014 "That was fun... May we have another?"

Thanks LT. And while I'm still celebrating (I have merchandise I haven't even worn yet) I'm starting to think about next year. In my mind, the biggest current questions: (1) Goaltender: Connor Wilson or Freshman (2) First Line: Agostino + Stu Wilson + Weberg? Any other ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
        Thanks LT. And while I'm still celebrating (I have merchandise I haven't even worn yet) I'm starting to think about next year. In my mind, the biggest current questions: (1) Goaltender: Connor Wilson or Freshman (2) First Line: Agostino + Stu Wilson + Weberg? Any other ideas?
        I would be inclined to keep Agostino and Root together, maybe with Weberg or one of the incoming freshmen who can score (DiChiara perhaps). I think Beattie slots in perfectly with Orzetti and Bourbonais... I know he struggled last year but he has the size to replace Laganiere, and he scored a ton in high school (more than Lags, who was actually only 3-3-6 in the last 19 games this year, which is when that line started to click anyway). Keep Wilson at center with Day and...I don't know. Maybe move Ruffolo up, or Cooper over to wing or one of the freshmen. In the end Wilson may be a better offensive player than Root, and you could swap them at some point, but it's pretty clear to me that Agostino and Root like playing together and more than earned their shot to make that work next year. Plus i think you're going to need a shutdown line next year, and I think Wilson is definitely the best 2-way center the team has.

Also, are there really no defensemen coming in next year's freshman class? I've only seen 4 forwards and 2 goalies in that class and that's it. I'm fine moving Killian back to D but they're going to need some kind of depth there...

Comment

Originally posted by BigDEli View Post
          I would be inclined to keep Agostino and Root together, maybe with Weberg or one of the incoming freshmen who can score (DiChiara perhaps). I think Beattie slots in perfectly with Orzetti and Bourbonais... I know he struggled last year but he has the size to replace Laganiere, and he scored a ton in high school (more than Lags, who was actually only 3-3-6 in the last 19 games this year, which is when that line started to click anyway). Keep Wilson at center with Day and...I don't know. Maybe move Ruffolo up, or Cooper over to wing or one of the freshmen. In the end Wilson may be a better offensive player than Root,
          and you could swap them at some point, but it's pretty clear to me that Agostino and Root like playing together and more than earned their shot to make that work next year. Plus i think you're going to need a shutdown line next year, and I think Wilson is definitely the best 2-way center the team has.

Also, are there really no defensemen coming in next year's freshman class? I've only seen 4 forwards and 2 goalies in that class and that's it. I'm fine moving Killian back to D but they're going to need some kind of depth there...

Hopefully, Bennett Carroccio returns.

Comment

Jesse Root named next year's captain

http://nhrcollegehockey.blogspot.com...tain-cory.html

Comment

Originally posted by hockyruls View Post
              Jesse Root named next year's captain

http://nhrcollegehockey.blogspot.com...tain-cory.html
              Most I talked to thought Agostino would get this. I do not know the make up personally of either player, but it seems Jesse is a little more outspoken and will do well in the spot. Kenny seems more low key. Huge shoes to fill.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

That championship was so overdue. What a great run that was. Better than anything the Whalers ever accomplished.

I know this might be blasphemy, but congrats to QU fans and alumni on their run.

Comment

Yale Depth Chart: http://www.collegecommitments.com/De...cq9=1627549359

Two goalies and five forwards coming in for 2013-2014.

Comment

Incoming freshman LW Frank DiChiara currently playing for Dubuque in the USHL playoffs (Semi-finals).

Follow here: http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...seasonid=10673

Comment

Originally posted by Stan The Man View Post
                      Incoming freshman LW Frank DiChiara currently playing for Dubuque in the USHL playoffs (Semi-finals).

Follow here: http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...seasonid=10673
                      30 goals and 30 assists in 64 games, not bad. it figures that QU recruit Quenneville is seven points ahead of him on the same squad. Quenneville scored his points on twice as many shots. Dichiara had 30 goals on 127 shots, quite a percentage.
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

Hey folks,

New to this. Usually just a reader. I thought I might add something. Yale committed a defenseman from the USHL named Josh McCardle for 2013 (not listed on College Hockey News). Not sure about what Bennett's future holds. You also might see Hayden and O'Keefe come in early (at the very least you'll see Hayden). I think you may see alot more of Killian at forward as well...

Comment

Nice article on coach Taylor in today's NH register by Jonesy.

Comment

Originally posted by YaleDad View Post
                            Hey folks,

New to this. Usually just a reader. I thought I might add something. Yale committed a defenseman from the USHL named Josh McCardle for 2013 (not listed on College Hockey News). Not sure about what Bennett's future holds. You also might see Hayden and O'Keefe come in early (at the very least you'll see Hayden). I think you may see alot more of Killian at forward as well...
                            Thanks, YaleDad, and welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Let's Go BLUE!!! View Post
                              Nice article on coach Taylor in today's NH register by Jonesy.
                              Obituary: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/nhr...1182&fhid=7500

Comment

Working...
                              X