Brown Hockey 2013-2014 - Climbing to the Top of the ECAC Ladder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown Hockey 2013-2014 - Climbing to the Top of the ECAC Ladder

Link to interesting College Hockey article in today's New York Times below. recruiting must really be a challenge.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/20/sp...gewanted=print

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
      Link to interesting College Hockey article in today's New York Times below. recruiting must really be a challenge.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/20/sp...gewanted=print
      As Edmonton Oilers VP and general counsel Ricky Olczyck (a former Brown captain, who graduated Phi Beta Kappa and went on to Cornell Law School) reminded the Brown hockey team a couple of years ago, there are only 660 jobs in the NHL. To which, I add: there are many, many more high paying jobs that someone with a Brown degree (or a Yale, or Michigan degree) will qualify for.

Right now the chances of a Brown player making a living in the NHL are prohibitively low. The chances of a Brown player having a rewarding career, financially and otherwise, doing something else are very high. In fact, I'd say that the chances of a Brown player NOT having a rewarding career, financially and otherwise, doing something else are prohibitively low.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
        I hope it won't be mostly BC fans (though I can't imagine there won't be a ton of them). Maybe some PC fans will come root for us.
        In spirit, sure.

A side from the Mayor's Cup last year, my record in Meehan is horrible. You should pay me to stay away.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
          You should pay me to stay away.
          Deal. How much are we talking?

I have a new idea: bribe some BU fans to make the trip down and root against their nemesis. BU could stand for Brown University as well, so they can still do their "Go BU" chants.

Comment

Deal. How much are we talking?

I have a new idea: bribe some BU fans to make the trip down and root against their nemesis. BU could stand for Brown University as well, so they can still do their "Go BU" chants.
            Hah! UNH fans tried to same thing every time PC played at the Whitt. PC managed to lose just fine without me...
            BU fans won't stop there. Watching BU and BC games live is worth it only for the exchanges of insults.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
              Hah! UNH fans tried to same thing every time PC played at the Whitt. PC managed to lose just fine without me...
              BU fans won't stop there. Watching BU and BC games live is worth it only for the exchanges of insults.
              Having been to a couple Beanpots, I completely agree. Typically, the BU fans are more clever, but BC students definitely deserve to be commended for their superior levels of inebriation.

Comment

Having been to a couple Beanpots, I completely agree. Typically, the BU fans are more clever, but BC students definitely deserve to be commended for their superior levels of inebriation.
                BU and BC fans are doppelgangers of each other - inebriated and utterly ignorant to the fact that their team might not be the best thing since the invention of the wheel. If you say ANYTHING bad about some of the aspects of the program, you're essentially an idiot who knows nothing about hockey.

Still not as bad as Northeastern fans though :-D

Actually, that's a lie. There's no such thing as a Northeastern fan.
                Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                  In spirit, sure. A side from the Mayor's Cup last year, my record in Meehan is horrible. You should pay me to stay away.

Jon, your streak will have to end sometime. Perhaps against BC it will end and I hope you show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
                    There's no such thing as a Northeastern fan.
                    Says the guy who roots for Bentley and Brown!

Comment

Jon, your streak will have to end sometime. Perhaps against BC it will end and I hope you show up.
                      As long as he brings a few hundred of his closest PC and BU friends with him. Hell, anyone from Hockey East should come to cheer us on (I'm looking at YOU, Northeastern and Lowell!).

The crowd is really going to be bad, I have a gut feeling. It'll be perhaps the biggest crowd of the season, but it will be a home game for BC.

Comment

I just received an email from the Ticket Office advising that the BC game has been moved up to 5pm. Any one know the reason fro the change?

Comment

I just received an email from the Ticket Office advising that the BC game has been moved up to 5pm. Any one know the reason fro the change?
                          patriots are playing at home that night at 8 pm

Comment

Having been to a couple Beanpots, I completely agree. Typically, the BU fans are more clever, but BC FANS definitely deserve to be commended for their superior levels of inebriation.
                            FYP, I'm not a student anymore ya know. Thanks for the compliments

BU fans(?) dont even go to their own games, you think they are gonna drive down to Providence just to root against BC even with a bribe?

Comment

It's about time we get to play hockey again! Good Lord, it's been a long month.

I worry that we'll be rusty against the much tougher opponent tonight (Denver). No matter what, I think it's fair to expect a win tomorrow over a pretty bad CC team- they were 2-12 at last check.

Tonight's game will be televised on Root Sports, for anyone who has DirecTV or another provider that gets all the regional channels. It's 683 on DirecTV.

Comment

I'm looking at tickets for the BC game. Does anyone know which end BC defends in the 1st & 3rd (section N or T)? Are the lower level seats high enough to see over the glass or am I better off in the upper section? Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X