• Re: BU 2013 Offseason Thread - Bring on the Mighty Quinn

for what it is worth, College Hockey News lists him as a 2014 recruit
    http://www.collegehockeynews.com/rep...-University/10

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Adams View Post
      I hadn't seen the number assignments. Looks like Kurker (9) and Lane (21) picked new ones.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Parker dishes on a bunch of topics--NCAA, Major Junior, Rules enforcement. Player entitlement. No punches pulled.
        http://hockeyjournal.com/news/colleg...career_changes
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
          I read on twitter that he was simply accepted to the school but was going to play club
          Definitely go with the tweet. Everything on twitter is fact.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
            Parker dishes on a bunch of topics--NCAA, Major Junior, Rules enforcement. Player entitlement. No punches pulled.
            http://hockeyjournal.com/news/colleg...career_changes
            Great interview. I love all the thoughts around Major Junior. I never thought about the changes they made (I guess I never knew the CHL draft age used to be higher).

Comment

big problem that so many dont get is the fact 99.9% of kids from Toronto dont care about playing at Bu/BC. they look at Stamkos as a role model, not a BU player.
              its their culture and wont change. they want their parents at every game as well. they get 80 games a year from 16/17-20, than go play collge hockey and if not a Canadian University. A BU degree is worth zero in Toronto, not worth the paper its written on. Same as a Canadian degree down here.

They dont care about D 1 and its hard to blame them. American kids is another story.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                big problem that so many dont get is the fact 99.9% of kids from Toronto dont care about playing at Bu/BC. they look at Stamkos as a role model, not a BU player.
                its their culture and wont change. they want their parents at every game as well. they get 80 games a year from 16/17-20, than go play collge hockey and if not a Canadian University. A BU degree is worth zero in Toronto, not worth the paper its written on. Same as a Canadian degree down here.

They dont care about D 1 and its hard to blame them. American kids is another story.
                Well, that settles that.
                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

fyp

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                  Well, that settles that.
                  And that's the truth[/URL].
                  Last edited by Rogie21; 09-13-2013, 04:43 PM.
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Oksanen(2) as well
                    GO BU

Comment

I was wondering the same thing...Anyone know what is going on with him?
                      Faso's listed on Chris Heisenberg's 2013 excel sheet as committing in April (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...jMi1PS2c&gid=1), a week before Roberto. However, he's listed on CHN's recruiting list as a 2014 recruit (http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...ist/d1/0//conf), but isn't on Heisenberg's 2014 excel sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...3OWNJZVE#gid=1).

I'm thoroughly confused. He's definitely at BU as a freshman right now, so I don't see how he could be a 2014 "recruit". Seems that he either never committed to play hockey at BU and is just a regular student, or he was extended a tryout as a walk-on but didn't make the team.

Club hockey has tryouts this weekend (Red Dogs FTW!), maybe that's what Faso is doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post

I believe the point was USA kids.... Not Canucks
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          I believe the point was USA kids.... Not Canucks
                          So, we've established that Canadian kids are trying to maintain their eligibility to be future US college coaches by not playing US college hockey.

I think that summarizes the off-season pretty well.
                          I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

He's a dinosaur, and I disagree with him on so many levels, but he's exactly right on this. It's not an issue of the NCAA killing hockey by not understanding college hockey, its a matter of college hockey killing itself. One change, that's all that's needed.

NEHJ: How about the Major Junior issue. Any changes on the horizon?

Parker: We’re on the road to being more effective, but it’s a long road. There’s so much money involved. And there’s so many kids who believe that they’re going to make it, and that’s the best way to make it. They’re winning that battle, and they’re going to continue to win that battle. What would really help is a change in the rule — and the coaches could change this tomorrow if they wanted to — to get the NCAA to say we’re not going to make every kid ineligible just because he played two games in Major Junior A. If he played any games before he was 17, it doesn’t count. After that, he’s ineligible.

NEHJ: What’s the roadblock to that vote taking place?

Parker: They’re not on the same page. Some coaches don’t want those guys, because they’re winning (without them). Or USA Hockey doesn’t want those guys, because they want more Americans playing. Everybody’s got an agenda.
                            The Souza record:
                            15-16 10th place
                            16-17 10th place
                            17-18 11th place
                            18-19 8th place
                            19-20 9th place
                            20-21 10th place
                            21-22 9th place
                            22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                              He's a dinosaur, and I disagree with him on so many levels, but he's exactly right on this. It's not an issue of the NCAA killing hockey by not understanding college hockey, its a matter of college hockey killing itself. One change, that's all that's needed.
                              The NC$$ doesn't want to lose its integrity...
                              Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Two small nuggets related to BU Hockey, and perhaps slightly related to each other:

- On NESN's "Behind the B" show that combines back office discussions about having to dump Ferrence and Seguin with following Louie Eriksson around as he looks for a new apartment and Lucic around Vancouver with his baby girl, they had footage of their development camp. They focused in on two prospects including Grzyleck. They had footage of the summary conversation with him. Frankly it sounded as if they weren't thrilled with his conditioning, as Don Sweeney said something about fitness and nutrition and that he needs to stick to a regimen. Anyone else watch it and have a similar take?

- At my sons Squirt game yesterday, I ran into Mike Boyle, whose son Mark plays in the Jr. Rangers program. He told me Mark was named after Mark Bavis - pretty cool. Anyway, I told him we wish we still had him on the BU team. He's exclusively Red Sox now he said.

Comment

Working...
                                X