This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013 Offseason Thread - Bring on the Mighty Quinn

It is literally ridiculous that the assistant coaching vacancy has not been filled & announced yet.
    It was reported May 18, 2013 that he resigned. As of June 24, 2013 - nothing.
    It was March 12, 2013 when Jack Parker resigned at a press conference. David Quinn was introduced as new head coach on March 26, 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Keystone View Post
      It is literally ridiculous that the assistant coaching vacancy has not been filled & announced yet.
      It was reported May 18, 2013 that he resigned. As of June 24, 2013 - nothing.
      It was March 12, 2013 when Jack Parker resigned at a press conference. David Quinn was introduced as new head coach on March 26, 2013.
      ~30 days to fill a position crucial to the success of the new coach/program, possibly involving resignation from another role and likely involving relocation? Not sure I'd call that ridiculous. Is this some hot period for recruiting and commits? If opportunity is being lost via the vacancy that is one thing...but if the person is the right hire and they will be huge in determining my success, I can wait for the right person. Possibly not if I'm waiting for them to get out of jail or if they are choosing between my job and a role on DWTS...then I might not wait.
      I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
        ~30 days to fill a position crucial to the success of the new coach/program, possibly involving resignation from another role and likely involving relocation? Not sure I'd call that ridiculous. Is this some hot period for recruiting and commits? If opportunity is being lost via the vacancy that is one thing...but if the person is the right hire and they will be huge in determining my success, I can wait for the right person. Possibly not if I'm waiting for them to get out of jail or if they are choosing between my job and a role on DWTS...then I might not wait.
        I'm all for getting the right person and if patience is needed until that person gets to a "yes" so be it. But to answer your question is this some hot period for recruiting? The answer is YES. High school & prep prospects go to summer camps run by college coaches (BU has one August 5-8) which gives the coaches an opportunity to evaluate the players and the players an opportunity to get a feel for what coaches they like. Bottom line - they have about 4-5 weeks left for their camp and even less for other camps BU participates in by sending coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Keystone View Post
          I'm all for getting the right person and if patience is needed until that person gets to a "yes" so be it. But to answer your question is this some hot period for recruiting? The answer is YES. High school & prep prospects go to summer camps run by college coaches (BU has one August 5-8) which gives the coaches an opportunity to evaluate the players and the players an opportunity to get a feel for what coaches they like. Bottom line - they have about 4-5 weeks left for their camp and even less for other camps BU participates in by sending coaches.
          Unless there is a day where the coaches want to scout 3 different players in 3 different locations (or 4 if Geragosian is helping out) I fail to see how the staff is suffering a detriment at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
            Unless there is a day where the coaches want to scout 3 different players in 3 different locations (or 4 if Geragosian is helping out) I fail to see how the staff is suffering a detriment at the moment.
            Yeah, I agree. I don't see what the big deal is. We still have two coaches in place. And there not having to spend much time on drawing up game plans or practice drills just yet.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Big time of year for charity golf tournaments. Priorities, right?
              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

They're still trying to figure out if a former NHL player is a viable assistant.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                  They're still trying to figure out if a former NHL player is a viable assistant.
                  If it is Steve Greeley, did anyone consider that he may still be under contract with LA Kings until draft concludes on June 30th? Nice to start July 1, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by CDRAL View Post
                    If it is Steve Greeley, did anyone consider that he may still be under contract with LA Kings until draft concludes on June 30th? Nice to start July 1, 2013
                    Maybe... Although Quinn was under contract with the avs when he was introduced.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                      Big time of year for charity golf tournaments. Priorities, right?
                      except at bu
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        Didn't they consult this thread?
                        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          Maybe... Although Quinn was under contract with the avs when he was introduced.
                          I guess each team could handle it differently. Wasn't CO about to fire the head coach anyway? I may be mixing that up but I thought they were...and wasn't Denver in process of firing their coach? Might be a few reasons why Quinn could be available and why BU wanted to lock him up.

One other way to look at it...EVERY single NCAA hockey player that had to give up a NHL career due to a blood illness has gone on to become an asst college coach, asst NHL coach and NCAA head coach. You can take that to the bank.
                          I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

3 months and a few days til hockey season starts again. Can't wait
                            Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

• Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                              3 months and a few days til hockey season starts again. Can't wait
                              Get off my lawn!!!! (And golf season ;p )
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

http://www.uscho.com/from-the-press-...-frozen-fours/

I think I like the Sat/Mon possibility

Comment

Working...
                                X