X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU 2013 Offseason Thread - Bring on the Mighty Quinn

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    is nieto leaving free up money to get that kid that decommitted from maine? or is he looking to come next year? mookie ain't sure

league think.

i heard the nov home game vs maine that was on the hea schedule has been removed.
    http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...3/mar22hea.pdf
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Don't know if anyone has seen this series about 1980 US Olympic Hockey team. I stumbled upon it a few nights ago. Good stuff, especially from the Russian players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPqx5z0Y_v0
      Last edited by buoldtimer; 04-26-2013, 09:18 AM.
      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        Is that good or bad? I don't know... maybe it doesn't matter.
        Bad

Only play teams HE twice, lose a home game so more valuable on playoff race, etc.

Comment

is nieto leaving free up money to get that kid that decommitted from maine? or is he looking to come next year? mookie ain't sure
          BU is in on him for this fall, and I'm pretty sure they have a couple open scholarships.

league think.

i heard the nov home game vs maine that was on the hea schedule has been removed.
          Correct. BU gives up its home game.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Pretty crummy that BU needs to give up a home game for the Fenway game. Seems like it should be non-conference...
            #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
              Pretty crummy that BU needs to give up a home game for the Fenway game. Seems like it should be non-conference...
              As I think more about it I agree... with so much OOC opportunity it would seem that these games should be OOC games.

Comment

Any update on replacement for Buddy Powers?

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                  Don't know if anyone has seen this series about 1980 US Olympic Hockey team. I stumbled upon it a few nights ago. Good stuff, especially from the Russian players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPqx5z0Y_v0
                  That was phenomenal! I remember it as though it were yesterday. I was sick in bed with a 102 fever. I knew the game would be on tape delay, but I didn't know the result ahead of time (something that would be impossible today with the internet) because I slept most of the day. My dad came home from work and asked if I wanted to watch the game. I wasn't sure, but I sort of had the feeling by the way he asked me that maybe they could have won. All I know is that after that game my fever was gone and I was completely better - and THAT was a miracle!!

Thanks for posting that!

Comment

Not that I expect any sympathy here but this will be the 3rd time in 5 years BC is giving up a home game for this. With the expanded OOC plate (and hence limited HE schedule) it seems too obvious to make it a non-conf game.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                      Any update on replacement for Buddy Powers?
                      Is Buddy going somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                        Not that I expect any sympathy here but this will be the 3rd time in 5 years BC is giving up a home game for this. With the expanded OOC plate (and hence limited HE schedule) it seems too obvious to make it a non-conf game.
                        Totally, Fenway is a neutral site, its completely illogical to have it count as a conference home game.
                        #OneKnight

Comment

Totally, Fenway is a neutral site, its completely illogical to have it count as a conference home game.
                          But at the same time if you tell me we can play either Maine once in Orono, once at HAA, and once at Fenway, or just in Orono and Fenway and use the extra game to play Minn, Mich, UND, DU etc. I'd take the second scenario every time. If we don't win the league because we played a game at Fenway instead of at HAA we don't deserve to win the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                            But at the same time if you tell me we can play either Maine once in Orono, once at HAA, and once at Fenway, or just in Orono and Fenway and use the extra game to play Minn, Mich, UND, DU etc. I'd take the second scenario every time. If we don't win the league because we played a game at Fenway instead of at HAA we don't deserve to win the league.
                            We wouldn't give up OOC games against Minn, Mich etc for the Maine at Fenway game... but would you give up a lesser OOC game? Harvard? Bentley?

Comment

I guess we are on the second Satruday (Jan 11th) of Frozen Fenway this year... as part of a doubleheader. Lowell / Northeastern is the first game of that doubleheader.

Comment

By the way... NU is saying that their gave vs Lowell is OOC... so if ours are league games then there is not consistency in what is happening. (not that there has to be).

Comment

Working...
                                X