X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013 Offseason Thread - Bring on the Mighty Quinn

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
    There are 15 kids on Heisenberg's B.U. list right now. The list is not only those guys coming in next season. Anyway, Bobo ain't on the BU list.
    we should be concerned only if he's on someone elses list!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
      There are 15 kids on Heisenberg's B.U. list right now. The list is not only those guys coming in next season. Anyway, Bobo ain't on the BU list.
      The College Hockey Inc. site is showing Carpenter for the 2015-2016 season.
      http://collegehockeyinc.com/stats/commitments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Did you know you can't spell BOOB without BOBO?!?!?! Probably the closest you'll get to one of those in the next few years.
        There's a BU hockey joke in here, but I'll pass

Comment

Best of luck Bavis, but the writing was on the wall. I don't know the guy but if he's bent over not being considered for the HC job he hasn't been paying attention to the product on the ice in recent years. The kids are underachieving and out of control. The whole coaching staff needed to go (and will from the looks of it). Quinn needs to be able to bring in his own people. I can certainly agree with keeping the two assistants around for a transition year. After that all bets are off (to use a BC expression ). Buddy Powers is 60 years old. Do we really want to keep him as an assistant until he's 70 working for a coach who inherited him? F no. Lets do a clean sweep here and go with the proposed plan of rolling Buddy off next year for a Scott Young type ex-player. I too am not sure what Albie will bring but its Quinn's show so if he wants to guy on board you gotta give him the benefit of the doubt.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

What O'Connell will bring is the ability to recruit...if you want to verify that look at his record at Northeastern and this years recruiting class at Harvard, it is an excellent incoming class

Comment

Originally posted by BUFan25 View Post
              What O'Connell will bring is the ability to recruit...if you want to verify that look at his record at Northeastern and this years recruiting class at Harvard, it is an excellent incoming class
              It's been said before, if he can get Gaudreau and Gilles to commit to Northeastern...
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

BU schedule
                10/5. St Francis Xavier
                10/11. Umass
                10/12. Holy cross
                10/18. RPI
                10/19. Wisconsin
                10/25-26. At mich At mich st
                11/1-2. Prov. at prov
                11/8. BC
                11/15. At Maine
                11/17. Ct
                11/22-23. North Dakota
                11/30. Cornell. MSG
                12/6-7. At merr. Merr
                1/4. At Harvard
                1/8. Dartmouth
                1/11. Maine
                1/17-18. At BC. At Lowell
                1/24-25. Vt
                1/31. At umass
                2/3. BC. Bean pot
                2/7. Lowell
                2/10. Beanpot
                2/14-15. At UNh. UnH
                2/12-22. At ND
                2/28 NU
                3/1. At NU

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                  BU schedule
                  *****http://i470.***********.com/albums/rr63/1995mookie/null_zpsfc2cb563.jpg******

Comment

All in all that looks like a pretty good schedule... primarially Friday and Saturday evening games. For home games only one sunday and one midweek.... I was worried we might see more sunday / midweek games with the new Hockey East structure.

OOC schedule is nice too. A good mix of national powerhouses, traditional "rivals" and some fresh faces that we have not seen before.

Interesting that more than half of the home games are done before Thanksgiving... I'm trying to remember if the early part of the schedule is usually so heavy on home games or not... but its good for Eric who likes to go skiing on the weekends in the winter, so there is less potential conflict there.

Looking forward to it.

Comment

I guessed last night that once nesn nails down the bruins schedule with fri&sat TV slots we may shuffle into Sunday a few games (sadly)

Comment

A couple things on a Thursday.

1) Did anyone who posts here go to the Quinn "Meet and Great" for the premium seat holders? If so, how was it?
                        2) This! I think Mookie should apply.

ASSOCIATE ICE HOCKEY COACH, Athletics

Tracking Code
                        8467/E2213*
                        Job Description
                        To assist the head coach of men's ice hockey in every aspect of running the program. Serve as recruiting coordinator. Travel all year throughout the US, Canada and sometimes Europe and have input into recruitment decisions. Coach players at games, review video, and draw up game plans. Assist in organizing, conducting and supervising practices and other duties as assigned by the head coach. Assist in training, health, and academic affairs of student-athletes by serving as the liaison with student-athlete support services.

Required Skills
                        Requires: B.A./B.S. and three to five years of coaching experience at the collegiate or professional level.

Job Location
                        BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States
                        Position Type
                        Full-Time/Regular
                        Salary
                        Grade 74
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Don't read where I can travel throughout Asia!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            I guessed last night that once nesn nails down the bruins schedule with fri&sat TV slots we may shuffle into Sunday a few games (sadly)
                            You are probablly right... which sucks.

Comment

Schedule announced.
                              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by BUFan25 View Post
                                O'Connell will be replacing him...
                                Are you still so sure?

Comment

Working...
                                X