This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013 Offseason Thread - Bring on the Mighty Quinn

Not sure why Drury would be a candidate, as it appears his coaching experience is only on the youth level. Young just finished his third year at St. Mark’s, trying to rebuild his alma mater and has developed some good players.

O’Connell has an impressive track record as a recruiter, convincing Gaudreau and Gillies to commit to Northeastern. The former decommitted when Greg Cronin resigned and the latter did so when Rawlings elected to stay at NU for his senior year. O’Connell was suspended along with Cronin for six games due to a possible violation involving excessive text messaging. The past two seasons, he’s been Donato's assistant at Harvard where, in addition to recruiting, he focused on special teams. Crimson had a top notch power play two years ago, not so much this past season.

Haven't heard his name mentioned, but Shawn McEachern spent five years as a college hockey assistant coach (4 in HE) before becoming head coach at The Rivers School.
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Have we actually confirmed that Bavis is leaving? Or is this all just speculation and "what it's" at this point?

Comment

Bavis has resigned according to USHR.

Comment

If Bavis resigned according USHR, then I would assume Albie O'Connell will be at BU

Comment

It is now official..Bavis has resigned according to the BU Blog..The only way O'Connell doesn't get the job is if he declines it which I cannot imagine happening

Comment

If in fact this is true, best wishes for the future to Mike Bavis. I appreciate your contributions to the program both as a player and as a staff member.

Comment

Originally posted by CDRAL View Post
                If in fact this is true, best wishes for the future to Mike Bavis. I appreciate your contributions to the program both as a player and as a staff member.
                absolutely. always a terrier.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

It is true, has been confirmed by numerous other writers.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

O'Connell will be replacing him...

Comment

Originally posted by BUFan25 View Post
                      "So you're saying she moved out" (Fans of Fletch will get this).
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by BUFan25 View Post
                        I would still like to see Scott Young. He knows the prep scene very well, and having his name on the cup helps too.

Comment

What I understand is that Powers stays for one year unless he decides to leave and then Young will come on board

Comment

If and when that occurs the torch will have been passed from my generation of former players. Time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUFan25 View Post
                              What I understand is that Powers stays for one year unless he decides to leave and then Young will come on board
                              Buddy Powers is not going anywhere and was asked to remain on the staff for a reason.

Albie O'Connell is going to replace Bavis. I would that by the end of next week that will be announced.

Comment

Was Bavis asked to stay but resigned on his own? Or did he resign because he was asked to resign?

Comment

Working...
                                X