PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43

GreyGhost
03-02-2014, 08:53 PM
Losing Szczechura will be a serious blow as his intensity on the ice has been a tremendous asset! I don't understand how when Michigan got their even strength goal why we didn't challenge them when they were passing the puck around looking for an opportunity. All you have to do is hit the guy with they puck and take him off it or cover them tightly instead of being well away from them.

Most of us don't understand. This was not the same team from Friday. Maybe early penalties in the first period scared them off? I don't know...but gotta chase down the puck and challenge, we did none of that today.

Hockeybuckeye
03-02-2014, 09:05 PM
Yeah, and not challenging enough in the neutral zone. When we try to move the puck through it, it like changes possession 6 times!

GreyGhost
03-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Yeah, and not challenging enough in the neutral zone. When we try to move the puck through it, it like changes possession 6 times!

Could be worse, we could be Miami of all teams! Anyone headed to St. Paul for playoffs? The Scarlet Liners working with OSU and Roosters for a viewing party here in Columbus.

osualum86
03-03-2014, 12:29 AM
Could be worse, we could be Miami of all teams! Anyone headed to St. Paul for playoffs? The Scarlet Liners working with OSU and Roosters for a viewing party here in Columbus.

Mrs 86 and I will not be heading to St. Paul. Maybe when the Big Ten Tournament moves to the Joe, but we will not be able to make it to St. Paul. We would definitely be interested in a watch party at Roosters, whether it's at Henderson Road or the campus location on Olentangy River Road.

klbaum1077
03-03-2014, 07:10 AM

I am going to St. Paul cant wait for it to get here.

GreyGhost
03-03-2014, 03:43 PM
The new ice is going in at the Schott today. A few members of The Scarlet Liners were on hand and tried their skill at painting ice. Pics posted on the Facebook group and more to come.

Realized today that this weekend will bring our home game season to a close and we say goodbye to 4 Seniors. Kinda makes me sad, as it feels like just yesterday we opened with our exhibition game.

klbaum1077
03-03-2014, 05:13 PM
The new ice is going in at the Schott today. A few members of The Scarlet Liners were on hand and tried their skill at painting ice. Pics posted on the Facebook group and more to come.

Realized today that this weekend will bring our home game season to a close and we say goodbye to 4 Seniors. Kinda makes me sad, as it feels like just yesterday we opened with our exhibition game.

This season has flown by thats for sure. The seniors are going to be missed and i think this is the last time we see Dzingel at the Schott as well. Going to have to play a much cleaner game this weekend to get some points out of the Best team in the League.

GreyGhost
03-03-2014, 07:52 PM
This season has flown by thats for sure. The seniors are going to be missed and i think this is the last time we see Dzingel at the Schott as well. Going to have to play a much cleaner game this weekend to get some points out of the Best team in the League.

I'm in total agreement with your assessment. #GoBucks #AsOne

GreyGhost
03-03-2014, 08:15 PM
Mrs 86 and I will not be heading to St. Paul. Maybe when the Big Ten Tournament moves to the Joe, but we will not be able to make it to St. Paul. We would definitely be interested in a watch party at Roosters, whether it's at Henderson Road or the campus location on Olentangy River Road.

Working on all of that. Are you guys on the Facebook The Scarlet Liners? Try to cross promote but sometimes it all gets muddled.

Hockeybuckeye
03-03-2014, 10:07 PM
This season has flown by thats for sure. The seniors are going to be missed and i think this is the last time we see Dzingel at the Schott as well. Going to have to play a much cleaner game this weekend to get some points out of the Best team in the League.Ryan will be assessing his options after the season. I can say there is no decision at this point.
Anybody hear anything confirmed on Alex yet? I do know one of the doctor's who performs most of the diagnosis and surgeries for Ohio State's athletes but there's that darn medical confidentiality law!

The Rube
03-03-2014, 10:26 PM
I am going to St. Paul cant wait for it to get here.

For those like klbaum heading to St Paul for the B1G Mistake tourney...look for the Dairy Queen near the X. Then look for some high-flying flags behind that DQ. It's the unofficial official tailgate lot of the tourney (formerly known as the WCHA F5). All are welcome, just don't be a Richard. ;) Beerdarts, bullsh*ing, good times.

klbaum1077
03-04-2014, 07:06 AM
Ryan will be assessing his options after the season. I can say there is no decision at this point.
Anybody hear anything confirmed on Alex yet? I do know one of the doctor's who performs most of the diagnosis and surgeries for Ohio State's athletes but there's that darn medical confidentiality law!

Im sure Ryan will be assessing after the season but i will be surprised if he is back.

klbaum1077
03-04-2014, 07:12 AM
For those like klbaum heading to St Paul for the B1G Mistake tourney...look for the Dairy Queen near the X. Then look for some high-flying flags behind that DQ. It's the unofficial official tailgate lot of the tourney (formerly known as the WCHA F5). All are welcome, just don't be a Richard. ;) Beerdarts, bullsh*ing, good times.

Thanks i will come check that tailgate out.

GreyGhost
03-04-2014, 03:27 PM
Come down to The Boardroom (under Section 127) Friday night before the game. The Scarlet Liners in coordination with OSU will be holding a Season Ticket Holder social and Coach Rohlik will address the group at approximately 6:30p. The doors at the Northeast Rotunda will open at 6pm, 30 minutes early for the event.

The Boardroom offers a buffet and full bar. If you've never been there, come check it out!

Hope to see everyone there! (You do not need to be a STH to attend)

GreyGhost
03-04-2014, 06:23 PM
Don't forget to vote for Ryan Dzingel and the Hobey Baker award. You can vote daily from your smart phone, laptop and desktop!

Here is the link: http://www.hobeybaker.com/awards/the-hobey-baker-memorial-award/vote

The Rube
03-04-2014, 11:16 PM
Thanks i will come check that tailgate out.

Glad to hear it.

mnstate0fhockey
03-06-2014, 06:32 PM
Ohio State recruit Tyler Nanne with two goals in the first period thus far in his team's (Edina) first game of the Minnesota State High School Hockey Tourney.

EDIT: Make that a hat trick.

osualum86
03-06-2014, 06:58 PM
Ohio State recruit Tyler Nanne with two goals in the first period thus far in his team's (Edina) first game of the Minnesota State High School Hockey Tourney.

EDIT: Make that a hat trick.

That is great news! Thanks for sharing!

osualum86
03-06-2014, 07:00 PM
Working on all of that. Are you guys on the Facebook The Scarlet Liners? Try to cross promote but sometimes it all gets muddled.

We are on The Scarlet Liners. I think you and I had a conversation at the recent OSU women's games vs North Dakota, if I am not mistaken. We're going to try and get to that event tomorrow night in The Boardroom.

mnstate0fhockey
03-06-2014, 08:09 PM
That is great news! Thanks for sharing!

No prob! He just got his 4th of the game in the 3rd period. He is going to be a dynamic player for you guys.

In case anyone is interested in watching any of his games (his team is favored to win Class AA), the games are streamed at Prep45.com. It does cost $4.95, but it gets you all the games for the day. It really is great hockey and fun to watch. Plenty of D1 commits and highly regarded uncommitteds if you're interested in scouting that type of thing.

Brackets are <a href="http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/showxmlbrackets.asp?tournid=2729&bracket=6548">Here</a>.