Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Originally posted by GreyGhost View Post
    Didn't Tomkins only play 4 games? Your logic is flawed. Tomkins was tested in Miami after Olsen ditched but he has not been tested in B1G play, which is where we need the experience and confidence in a goalie heading into the next few months.
    Tomkins played 5 full games and the early part of his 6th before getting hurt. He gave up 6 to miami 4 to BG but played very well in the next 3 full games against BG, and Duluth twice. I think he gives the team the best chance to win going forward but if he falters we now know Davis can do the job.

Comment

Are there any plans yet to get your team a hockey-specific arena instead of sharing with the basketball arena?
      ---
      National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
      Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
      19 Conference Championships
      10 Conference Tournament Championships
      2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
        Are there any plans yet to get your team a hockey-specific arena instead of sharing with the basketball arena?
        Not that we know of but we all can hope.

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
          You just had to get us going, didn't you?!?

As Klbaum1077 indicated, nothing is set in stone, but we hope to have a hockey-only facility at some point in the next 5-10 years as our hockey facilities are killing both programs (men's and women's). There has been a lot of talk about tearing down aging St. John Arena. If and when that happens, the OSU Ice Rink and the French Field House will go down with it because all the infrastructure for those buildings is contained in St. John Arena (underneath it, I am told). When those buildings are razed, they will need to build a new ice arena for the women, and I am hopeful they just build a 6,000 - 8,000 seat arena so both the men's and women's teams can play there. I believe 6,000 is the smallest they should make it. Anything less than 6,000 would be shortchanging the programs, fans, and the ability to have other events in the building (ie. IIHF Women's World Championships, to name one). The thing that frustrates me and others is everytime they get closer to doing this, something else comes up that knocks a new hockey arena farther down the totem pole. A few years ago, it was a multi-million-dollar boathouse for our rowing team. Earlier this year, they had to put a new bajillion-dollar scoreboard at the baseball stadium. Next, they'll probably do the expansion at Ohio Stadium. Seems like there is always something ahead of hockey facilities here.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
            You just had to get us going, didn't you?!?

As Klbaum1077 indicated, nothing is set in stone, but we hope to have a hockey-only facility at some point in the next 5-10 years as our hockey facilities are killing both programs (men's and women's). There has been a lot of talk about tearing down aging St. John Arena. If and when that happens, the OSU Ice Rink and the French Field House will go down with it because all the infrastructure for those buildings is contained in St. John Arena (underneath it, I am told). When those buildings are razed, they will need to build a new ice arena for the women, and I am hopeful they just build a 6,000 - 8,000 seat arena so both the men's and women's teams can play there. I believe 6,000 is the smallest they should make it. Anything less than 6,000 would be shortchanging the programs, fans, and the ability to have other events in the building (ie. IIHF Women's World Championships, to name one). The thing that frustrates me and others is everytime they get closer to doing this, something else comes up that knocks a new hockey arena farther down the totem pole. A few years ago, it was a multi-million-dollar boathouse for our rowing team. Earlier this year, they had to put a new bajillion-dollar scoreboard at the baseball stadium. Next, they'll probably do the expansion at Ohio Stadium. Seems like there is always something ahead of hockey facilities here.
            We've regurgitated this time and time again. We just need a donor with $109M like Penn State had! Let's put the word out.

Comment

On a more relevant note, what do you guys think will happen over the holiday break? We seemed to start being a consistent and competitive team going into the break but we never seem to retain our strengths over break. Will Coach Rohlik break the trend or will we start to su*k again when the break's over?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                On a more relevant note, what do you guys think will happen over the holiday break? We seemed to start being a consistent and competitive team going into the break but we never seem to retain our strengths over break. Will Coach Rohlik break the trend or will we start to su*k again when the break's over?
                We have a two game home series with Mercyhurst to start the second half and then two at home with MSU. That's four games where excuses won't be acceptable so we should know immediately which way the team is going.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGhost View Post
                  We've regurgitated this time and time again. We just need a donor with $109M like Penn State had! Let's put the word out.
                  I got $2 bucks riding on the mega million tonight. I'll let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                    It's funny we all mention the coaches breaking the trend, but these second half performances are really up to the players and what they do during those two or three weeks when they are on break. As Draighlicht said, we'll find out right away what kind of second half we are going to have when we host Mercyhurst and Michigan State.

Comment

Story in today's Dispatch on Coach Rohlik looking to strengthen the program's ties to the Jacket's organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                        I got $2 bucks riding on the mega million tonight. I'll let you know.
                        Didn't win, did ya? LOL If we no longer hear from you, we know what happened!

Comment

I got $10 back on that ticket so I reinvested it for tonight. Don't hold your breath.

Comment

Skate with the team this Saturday at the Chiller North from 2:00-4:00!

Comment

Merry Christmas to everyone.......four more days until the serious stuff starts again.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                                Yeah, isn't that five wins in a row for Michigan in C-bus??
                                Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                                Well, technically two of those games were in Cleveland, but ...
                                Merry Christmas to every one on this board. Hope the season brings you happiness and Joy. Back to business for the guys on Saturday night.

Comment

Working...
                                X