PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Hockeybuckeye
02-05-2014, 05:44 PM
I bought tickets back in October but with the snow we got i dont think i am going to be able to get there ill just watch the games on TV.
Michigan is much better at road clearing. It'll be fine going up & back. I used to drive to East Lansing every weekend but I should add I had a 4 wheel drive vehicle that could go through the worst of it with no problem.

Hockeybuckeye
02-05-2014, 11:29 PM
Hmmm. Updated forecast shows chance of snow increasing up there.

klbaum1077
02-06-2014, 08:14 AM
Hmmm. Updated forecast shows chance of snow increasing up there.

My Tv is looking better and better.

GreyGhost
02-06-2014, 08:51 AM
My Tv is looking better and better.

And a warm, toasty fireplace! Gonna make the trek on Saturday and road trip with the Knucklebucks.

Hockeybuckeye
02-06-2014, 10:46 AM
And a warm, toasty fireplace! Gonna make the trek on Saturday and road trip with the Knucklebucks.Are you going to be there for both games then or is that a Saturday only trip?

osualum86
02-06-2014, 08:01 PM
And a warm, toasty fireplace! Gonna make the trek on Saturday and road trip with the Knucklebucks.

That sounds fun. I wouldn't mind going on one of those bus trips with the Knucklebucks.

Hockeybuckeye
02-06-2014, 10:17 PM
Where do they hide the keg on the bus?

Hockeybuckeye
02-07-2014, 10:00 PM
Now THAT was a game! Most amazing comeback I've seen since BU dashed Miami's almost guaranteed National Championship!

osualum86
02-07-2014, 10:50 PM
Hopefully we don't wait until the 58th minute of the game to score tomorrow (LOL)! I was at our women's game vs Wisconsin earlier tonight so I only saw parts of the game during the intermissions. The parts I saw we looked like the proverbial hamster on the wheel. We were flying up and down the ice, but not really accomplishing anything. As I said, though, I just saw brief periods of the game. After the women's game ended we all crowded around the TV's in the lobby where we were able to see the shootout. Props to Christian Frey for stopping every shot and also to Tanner Fritz on that game-winner. It looked like he went five-hole on Hildebrand. Great comeback win tonight. Now we need to win tomorrow and get five points on this trip!

Hockeybuckeye
02-07-2014, 11:32 PM
Hopefully we don't wait until the 58th minute of the game to score tomorrow (LOL)! I was at our women's game vs Wisconsin earlier tonight so I only saw parts of the game during the intermissions. The parts I saw we looked like the proverbial hamster on the wheel. We were flying up and down the ice, but not really accomplishing anything. As I said, though, I just saw brief periods of the game. After the women's game ended we all crowded around the TV's in the lobby where we were able to see the shootout. Props to Christian Frey for stopping every shot and also to Tanner Fritz on that game-winner. It looked like he went five-hole on Hildebrand. Great comeback win tonight. Now we need to win tomorrow and get five points on this trip!There are video clips of our goals on the team's Facebook page.

osualum86
02-07-2014, 11:40 PM
Just saw some of them on the ohiostatebuckeyes.com website. Great heart by our guys to come back like that!

klbaum1077
02-08-2014, 09:43 AM
What a game last night. They stole 2 points they really had no business getting. For the first 58 minutes of the game they pretty much out played and then the 2 PP's happen and they have the heart to find a way to tie it and win the shootout. I thought Frey was pretty good but he did look like he either wasnt seeing well or not moving well. Now he did make some outstanding saves all night that kept the Buckeyes in it. Way to sloppy with the puck especially in the defensive zone all night long leading and that led to the 1st Spartan goal. A terrible pinch by Maclean cost them that 2nd one if you are going to pinch you have to get the puck yes i know it bounced over his stick but he has to make that play. They must come out today and protect the puck better or they wont win this game. Go get the 3 points today and make it a 5 point weekend.

osualum86
02-08-2014, 08:18 PM
If we continue with the undisciplined hockey, we're not going to get any points tonight. We handed Michigan State four power plays in the second period and they cashed in on two of them. Ouch. We have got to stop that. Bucks down 2-1 at the second intermission. Come on guys, get it together and lets get three points tonight!

Hockeybuckeye
02-08-2014, 08:28 PM
AGAIN a shootout win! The Spartans were PIS*ED! I only saw 2 Ohio State jerseys in the crowd. The only other OSU fans I could see were the team's families. Thought the Knucklebucks were going up?

osualum86
02-08-2014, 08:40 PM
Two more power plays for Michigan State, although not sure for what. On the one just completed, the Michigan State player embellished big time, and I didn't see what they just called on us. This is getting ridiculous, and I am talking about the officiating on these last two. This is hockey. Are they not allowed to hit all of a sudden?!? Are you kidding me?!? Help me out, HockeyBuckeye, what was that last call? I must have missed something! In regard to your question, I thought the Knucklebucks were taking a bus up there for today's game. Ok, just saw another replay. Stupid penalty by Tanner Fritz. Ok, Michigan State returned the favor ... 4-on-4 hockey for most of this one. That means more ice for everyone.

klbaum1077
02-08-2014, 09:02 PM
Another come back and shootout victory. A 4 point weekend for the Buckeyes and now a 3 point lead over Michigan State for 4th and only 3 Points back of Michigan for 3rd place. I really didnt like what i saw for the most part today. Once again Michigan State's forecheck caused Ohio state a lot of problems and forced many turnovers leading to scoring chances and or penalties. Discipline was a major factor today especially in the 2nd Period giving the Spartans 4 PP's which they would score on 2 of those.They have to be much better next weekend at home against Wisconsin if they want to get points out of that series.

osualum86
02-08-2014, 09:29 PM
We've got some things to work on for sure, but I like this team's heart. Johnson with the tying goal, and I think we have found a solid goaltender. Frey came up huge today during the game, and stopped all three shots he faced in the shootout! Kudos to Matt Johnson for scoring the two regulation goals and to freshman Nick Schilkey for beating Hildebrand in the shootout with the game-winner. This team may not win the Big Ten or get to the NCAA Tournament this season, but I love their never-say-die attitude. In case anyone hasn't figured this out yet, I am definitely on board with Rohlik. This team plays hard for him, and from what I keep reading, he has some really good recruits coming in next year. I think the exposure we are getting with Big Ten Hockey and games on the Big Ten Network is going to help recruiting. The traditional powers in the Big Ten can't take all of them! Nice weekend for the Buckeyes. Let's get to work and correct the things we aren't doing well, come home, and get some points from Wisconsin next weekend!

klbaum1077
02-08-2014, 09:42 PM
We've got some things to work on for sure, but I like this team's heart. Johnson with the tying goal, and I think we have found a solid goaltender. Frey came up huge today during the game, and stopped all three shots he faced in the shootout! Kudos to Matt Johnson for scoring the two regulation goals and to freshman Nick Schilkey for beating Hildebrand in the shootout with the game-winner. This team may not win the Big Ten or get to the NCAA Tournament this season, but I love their never-say-die attitude. In case anyone hasn't figured this out yet, I am definitely on board with Rohlik. This team plays hard for him, and from what I keep reading, he has some really good recruits coming in next year. I think the exposure we are getting with Big Ten Hockey and games on the Big Ten Network is going to help recruiting. The traditional powers in the Big Ten can't take all of them! Nice weekend for the Buckeyes. Let's get to work and correct the things we aren't doing well, come home, and get some points from Wisconsin next weekend!

Agreed the heart this team has shown over the 2 games this weekend was great. I am on board with Rohlik as well he has thi s team believing in what he is selling each and every time out. Important weekend coming up with Wisconsin they have to continue to grow and get back to playing discipline hockey. I am interested to see how Wisconsin adjusts to the smaller ice.

THE OHIO STATE
02-08-2014, 10:31 PM
Go " buckeyes " go. :)

GreyGhost
02-08-2014, 10:49 PM
AGAIN a shootout win! The Spartans were PIS*ED! I only saw 2 Ohio State jerseys in the crowd. The only other OSU fans I could see were the team's families. Thought the Knucklebucks were going up?

There was a "ticketing mishap" in the MSU ticket office and the Knucklebucks trip was cancelled last minute last night.