PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

klbaum1077
01-19-2014, 11:34 PM
I was surprised that Goalie Frey got the start on Saturday. What happen to Goalie Thomkins?

I think coach wanted to give Frey a game this weekend after Tomkins playing 3 straight. This team is in pretty good shape in net for years to come with those 2.

THE OHIO STATE
01-20-2014, 01:18 AM
i think coach wanted to give frey a game this weekend after tomkins playing 3 straight. This team is in pretty good shape in net for years to come with those 2.

thumbs up. :)

Hockeybuckeye
01-20-2014, 07:03 AM
Will be a nostalgic weekend for Coach playing at his Alma Matter.

klbaum1077
01-20-2014, 11:14 AM
Will be a nostalgic weekend for Coach playing at his Alma Matter.

Nostalgic for sure now lets hope the team can get a win or 2 out of this for Coaches return home.

goldy_331
01-20-2014, 12:29 PM
As much as i am disappointed they didnt get any points out of this weekend i am also proud of them. They didnt lay down and let the Gophers run them over. A few breakdowns will cost you against a great team and Minnesota is just that. On to Wisconsin next weekend with different results coming.

I was impressed with the Buckeyes' play this weekend and fully expect you to get some points from those Sinkin' BADgers - at least I hope you do! ;)

Hockeybuckeye
01-20-2014, 06:33 PM
I was impressed with the Buckeyes' play this weekend and fully expect you to get some points from those Sinkin' BADgers - at least I hope you do! ;)
Spoken like a true Gopher fan! LOL!

GreyGhost
01-21-2014, 10:53 AM
Nostalgic for sure now lets hope the team can get a win or 2 out of this for Coaches return home.

"As One" is the team motto this season. Go Bucks!

GreyGhost
01-21-2014, 11:23 AM
http://www.uscho.com/rankings/

We're still not ranked, but Ohio State received 4 votes....Miami 2. #GoBucks #AsOne

GreyGhost
01-21-2014, 04:58 PM
3 players from the men's hockey team, Josh Healey, Travis Statchuk and Drew Brevig, and Cara Zubko from the women's team were featured last Saturday during Pride Night in a new video from the Buckeyes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8KW6lyyL0c

I'm proud of these student-athletes and our Buckeyes! #AsOne

Hockeybuckeye
01-23-2014, 05:28 PM
Received email today for ticket purchase for the B1G hockey tournament at $140.00 a seat. Really ****es me off as that's only $10.00 less than a OSU season ticket package! Also the CCHA for their finals at the Joe a front row seat against the glass were only $35.00 a day!

pgb-ohio
01-23-2014, 10:27 PM
Received email today for ticket purchase for the B1G hockey tournament at $140.00 a seat. Really ****es me off as that's only $10.00 less than a OSU season ticket package! Also the CCHA for their finals at the Joe a front row seat against the glass were only $35.00 a day!Time will tell if the B1G overreached on this.

But quite honestly that number is not out of line with what college hockey costs in the Twin Cities market. The Gophers get $35 per seat for regular season games, and routinely sell out. I don't know what the WCHA Final Five charged for an all-sessions pass, but I was able to find out that last year's title game went for $46 a ticket. That's on top of $41 plus $46 for the semi-finals -- two separate sessions. The two first round games were also separate sessions. While my info isn't complete, it looks to me like they're very much in the same ballpark as the Final Five.

The Final Five did have an economy option in the upper deck, behind the nets. If the B1G decided not to offer that option, that's a shame.

It will be interesting to see what they charge at The Joe in 2015. My completely uninformed guess is that it will be more than the $70 you enjoyed at the CCHA tournament, but less than this year's $140.

Of course customers would always rather pay less, but prices are going to be a function of supply and demand. So will B1G fans be willing to fill The X at $140 a pop? The guaranteed presence of six brand name schools suggests yes. The distance of five of those schools from the arena suggests no. The local availability of the large Gopher Hockey fanbase suggests yes. The absence of the North Dakota fanbase -- who attended the Final Five in large numbers -- suggests no.

For my part, I'll be watching with great interest -- but watching on TV, right here in Columbus. Maybe that suggests that demand from outside of Minnesota will be limited, or maybe that's just me.

Stay tuned.

Hockeybuckeye
01-23-2014, 10:47 PM
Very astute Mr.PGB.
I certainly plan on attending next year at the Joe. I hope for two things then to soften my mood. One, that the Renaissance Center will still be the host hotel for the teams and fans as they were for the CCHA and that the B1G negotiates the excellent discounted rates we enjoyed through the CCHA. Even so, having a 3 day playoff means a 3 day stay at over a hundred twenty a night ($180.00 regular rates) so it's like we're back to the old Super 6 format instead of the 4 team finals the CCHA had the last several years.
Most fans bail from the event after their team is eliminated so depending on WHICH 2 teams are left for the championship game that could be one pretty empty arena!

mnpokecheck
01-24-2014, 08:05 AM
Received email today for ticket purchase for the B1G hockey tournament at $140.00 a seat. Really ****es me off as that's only $10.00 less than a OSU season ticket package! Also the CCHA for their finals at the Joe a front row seat against the glass were only $35.00 a day!

You're getting a bargain at less than $10 seat/game for season tickets. Minnesota annual seat licenses run $0 to $500/seat, with average probably $200 (plus ticket prices). $140/5 games for B1G tourney = $28/game.

pgb-ohio
01-24-2014, 08:41 AM
Very astute Mr.PGB.Would you expect any less?:p

I certainly plan on attending next year at the Joe. I hope for two things then to soften my mood. One, that the Renaissance Center will still be the host hotel for the teams and fans as they were for the CCHA and that the B1G negotiates the excellent discounted rates we enjoyed through the CCHA. Even so, having a 3 day playoff means a 3 day stay at over a hundred twenty a night ($180.00 regular rates) so it's like we're back to the old Super 6 format instead of the 4 team finals the CCHA had the last several years.
Most fans bail from the event after their team is eliminated so depending on WHICH 2 teams are left for the championship game that could be one pretty empty arena!Also astute.

With regard to the last point: Neutral Final Five fans generally did a much better job of attending games than neutral fans at the CCHA tournament. If we should happen to get a B1G Final at The Joe without either the Wolverines or Spartans, a weak in-house turnout could indeed be the result.

You're getting a bargain at less than $10 seat/game for season tickets. Minnesota annual seat licenses run $0 to $500/seat, with average probably $200 (plus ticket prices). $140/5 games for B1G tourney = $28/game.Nothing ramps up the demand side of the equation like consistent winning. If this were a Football conversation, Buckeye fans would be marveling at the bargain prices Gopher fans enjoy.

As for the numbers you've added to the conversation, $28 per game is a good way to look at it. Assuming that single session tickets eventually go on sale, there probably will be staggered pricing. But for a quick answer to the question of whether the pricing is appropriate to the market, one could say $28 < $35. So tentatively the answer is yes.

klbaum1077
01-24-2014, 11:36 AM

I bought a whole package at the beginning of the season at 16 a game plus ticketmaster fees i paid a total of $98.

pgb-ohio
01-24-2014, 01:37 PM
I bought a whole package at the beginning of the season at 16 a game plus ticketmaster fees i paid a total of $98.Was that for best available seating, or for an economy section? If it was for best available, buying last Fall was obviously the thing to do!

On another front, I'm glad to hear an OSU fan is making the trip.

klbaum1077
01-24-2014, 03:59 PM
Was that for best available seating, or for an economy section? If it was for best available, buying last Fall was obviously the thing to do!

On another front, I'm glad to hear an OSU fan is making the trip.

It came as a package for upper level I am sitting just inside the blue line in the first row section 205. I just went to ticket master and could have bought section 204 row 3 seat 19 thats right on the blue line for only 94.00.

Hockeybuckeye
01-24-2014, 10:11 PM
Our mistakes by our own net doomed us tonight but what a cheap shot on the slash to the back of Ryan's leg in the last seconds of the game. Someone should pay for that tomorrow!

pgb-ohio
01-25-2014, 08:38 AM
It came as a package for upper level I am sitting just inside the blue line in the first row section 205. I just went to ticket master and could have bought section 204 row 3 seat 19 thats right on the blue line for only 94.00.Excellent result, IMHO.

Because the Lower Bowl at The X is a bit larger than some, it's very helpful to be in a low row in the 200's. Note that the 200's are also above a fairly substantial Club level. But Row 1? I'm sure you'll be very pleased. I'm also glad the more affordable price was available, and was not limited to seats behind the nets.

Thanks for the follow-up.

klbaum1077
01-25-2014, 11:07 AM
Not a great effort but not terrible either. they have to find a way to get more pressure 5 on 5 can not rely on the PP all the time. I dont think you can blame Tomkins for 4 of the 5 goals. Like said earlier to many mistakes behind the net that led to Wisconsin pressure and goals. That was a real cheap shot to Dzingels leg at the end. Hope for a better result tonight.