Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

The best thing the team can do to help the goalie situation is what they did Sat night. Score hopefully 4+ and block alot of shots. Davis having a week to practice as the starter is nice.

Comment

FWIW, the team has been getting some unexpected publicity with Davis stepping in. Again the son of Columbus weatherman Mike Davis. Spoke about it on the news and this morning on a local radio show.

We'll take what we can get!

Comment

I casually know Mike, a real nice guy. Always see him supporting his son every game like a good dad should!

Comment

Check the Buckeye baseball roster for a potential emergency backup tender. Ironic connection to the goalie that just left the program.

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          The thing is what can they offer someone to come here next semester and would we be enticing someone in a non-collegiate program to bail and leave that team in the lurch to have enough goalies?
          Scholarship money may be available from Olson leaving if there are no weird rules against re-disbursement of the funds so soon. I would imagine the coaches haven't reallocated it to add to other players scholarships.
          Guess we'll find out and as for our coaches, they gotta do what they gotta do. Bet they've been burning up the phone lines today!

Comment

Originally posted by gilmore tuttle View Post
            Check the Buckeye baseball roster for a potential emergency backup tender. Ironic connection to the goalie that just left the program.
            Never knew Gretz played hockey maybe they should give him a look

Comment

Rohlik says Tomkins is "day to day." Not a serious injury and he's working hard at rehab but there's a good chance he won't play vs. Canisius this weekend and then will return after the open weekend.
              www.BuckeyeSports.com

Comment

Originally posted by jsvo88 View Post
                Rohlik says Tomkins is "day to day." Not a serious injury and he's working hard at rehab but there's a good chance he won't play vs. Canisius this weekend and then will return after the open weekend.
                Good to hear hope to see him in net in Ann Arbor on the 29th.

Comment

Seeing how he skated off without much difficulty I would have been surprised if it was serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                    The new associate AD for hockey and a few other sports is Sean Richard. He came here from Colgate. I met him a couple of weeks ago and he is definitely a hockey fan. Agree with Hockeybuckeye that the the board of trustees will not permit official booster groups that involve the general public.

Also hearing that Tomkins is likely out for as long as the rest of the season. OSU can add a player immediately if they are already enrolled in school. The club team has three goalies on their roster. Also hearing that they can bring in a player at the start of the second semester (or technically after the end of the first semester). That would be after the Monday Michigan game at the Schott. they have a three week break before playing Mercyhurst and a new goalie would be eligible for those games.

I've been wrong before so don't bet your house on anything sane coming from the NCAA.
                    Yup, Sean Richard! So are you just going to settle for the status quo or fight to get our traditions back?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                      Can't happen unless the Board of Trustees revises the rules they adopted so it's not up to the Athletic Department. Seeing how they are relatively new rules it's highly unlikely they will come back to revisit and revise them anytime soon. I wish it was not so but they threw the baby out with the bathwater in their dealings with the football program's problems.
                      So you're just willing to stand by and leave it up to the Trustees? I've met you, you're a pretty strong guy. I gotta believe that together we can force change. Same with you Draghlight.

Only way to do that is with a show of force on our end.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGhost View Post
                        So you're just willing to stand by and leave it up to the Trustees? I've met you, you're a pretty strong guy. I gotta believe that together we can force change. Same with you Draghlight.

Only way to do that is with a show of force on our end.
                        There is not much "Trust" in the Trustees. They are political appointees of the Governor, people who typically use their power & influence to aid in his election, they are not answerable to the general public and have their own agenda. I've dealt with bureaucrats for decades and I'm old and tired of the game. Perhaps it's time for a younger generation to take up the fight?
                        I will say this, ALL the booster programs are in the same situation as ours, volleyball, soccer, swimming, ect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                          There is not much "Trust" in the Trustees. They are political appointees of the Governor, people who typically use their power & influence to aid in his election, they are not answerable to the general public and have their own agenda. I've dealt with bureaucrats for decades and I'm old and tired of the game. Perhaps it's time for a younger generation to take up the fight?
                          I will say this, ALL the booster programs are in the same situation as ours, volleyball, soccer, swimming, ect.
                          A younger generation is willing to take up the fight. Rather than point fingers and what could'a should'a....support our groups and let's see where this goes.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGhost View Post
                            A younger generation is willing to take up the fight. Rather than point fingers and what could'a should'a....support our groups and let's see where this goes.
                            Good man! As I said, all the booster programs were axed by the new rules, that is where you will find your allies.

Comment

Congratulations to Tanner Fritz, B1G first star of the week and to Max McCormick, B1G second star of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                                Congratulations to Tanner Fritz, B1G first star of the week and to Max McCormick, B1G second star of the week.
                                The ATM line is picking up where they left off last year! Can't wait to see the boys take on Canisius this weekend!

Comment

Working...
                                X