PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

GreyGhost
12-03-2013, 12:42 AM
They were asking Racine if he would be there girl!

Hey, Racine, I wanna know Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh, if you'll be my girl....(repeat).

streaker
12-03-2013, 06:00 AM
Hey, Racine, I wanna know Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh, if you'll be my girl....(repeat).

You guys keep singing, we'll keep sweeping. And no double finger salutes. ;)

Hockeybuckeye
12-03-2013, 06:44 AM
You have to admit both games could have gone either way. See you in 3 months for the rematches! ;)

Hockeybuckeye
12-03-2013, 06:47 AM
I was at the game tonight and although we made a great comeback in the third period, we're still taking too many stupid penalties. I counted twice (maybe it was more) that we negated power plays by committing stupid, inexcusable penalties. We have to stop doing that if we are going to be successful. As others have alluded to, we fell asleep on a couple of Michigan's goals and let them get behind us in the paint for easy scores. Hopefully we'll get things corrected and make a nice run in the second half of the season. Clearly, the effort is there, we just need to play smarter.
We got away with a slash and a crosscheck that weren't called but at the end we were getting mugged in front of Michigan's net and Dzingle gets the call?? But what can you expect from former CCHA zebras.

MGoBlueHockey
12-03-2013, 03:31 PM
As lopsided as this series has been, ohio gives Michigan a game almost every time they play. The NCAA Finalist team in 2010-11 went 3-1-0 against 'em. Each game was decided by one goal.

klbaum1077
12-03-2013, 04:04 PM
As lopsided as this series has been, ohio gives Michigan a game almost every time they play. The NCAA Finalist team in 2010-11 went 3-1-0 against 'em. Each game was decided by one goal.

The games for the most part are played very well and very close. I am looking forward to the rest of this season and the 2 game rematch with michigan in February.

streaker
12-03-2013, 04:13 PM
The games for the most part are played very well and very close. I am looking forward to the rest of this season and the 2 game rematch with michigan in February.

Yeah, isn't that five wins in a row for Michigan in C-bus??

osualum86
12-03-2013, 04:46 PM

Well, technically two of those games were in Cleveland, but ... :D

osualum86
12-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Agreed. We need to stay out of the box, yet when we get cautious to try and stay out of the box, we're not nearly as aggressive on the ice (think Miami earlier in the season).

I'll take a tie to OT on Friday and tonight's loss as a learning experience for the team. *ichigan being ranked #3 and we held them for 60 minutes and did not give up. I must admit the second period was boring and felt we lost some momentum.

The third period was historic and electric. Our boys played with passion and tied the game.

This proves that when we show up and are firing on all cylinders, we can be a contender with our current roster. I'm happy with Rohlik and where we are headed. The next few months will not be easy by any means, but we DO have that capability. Very proud of our boys. Hope they can regroup over the break and Exter can work more with Davis, as it appears he is our goalie.

Regarding your last sentence, what is going on with Tomkins? Is his injury worse than what was originally thought? Last I had heard, he was expected to be back for the series vs Michigan. Was that just a smokescreen and he is really out for the season?

osualum86
12-03-2013, 04:51 PM

As long as you guys don't start fights with us, we won't give you any double finger salutes! ;)

Hockeybuckeye
12-03-2013, 05:11 PM
Regarding your last sentence, what is going on with Tomkins? Is his injury worse than what was originally thought? Last I had heard, he was expected to be back for the series vs Michigan. Was that just a smokescreen and he is really out for the season?They were looking to have him back for the Michigan series but after re-evaluating they thought it was the smart decision to wait and be on the side of caution as the break now will give him the rest of the healing time he needs.

klbaum1077
12-03-2013, 08:44 PM

Well, technically two of those games were in Cleveland, but ... :D

yea 4 in a row in columbus but 5 in a row in Ohio overall.

GreyGhost
12-03-2013, 08:57 PM
They were looking to have him back for the Michigan series but after re-evaluating they thought it was the smart decision to wait and be on the side of caution as the break now will give him the rest of the healing time he needs.

The way Davis has been playing, I'm not so sure I'd want to change goalies at this point, especially with the way Davis has been gelling and playing with the team. Thoughts?

klbaum1077
12-03-2013, 09:00 PM
The way Davis has been playing, I'm not so sure I'd want to change goalies at this point, especially with the way Davis has been gelling and playing with the team. Thoughts?

He has played well but last night i thought he gave up 2 softies

Draighlicht
12-03-2013, 09:22 PM
he was scored on nine times in the last two games - I think I'd make a change.

GreyGhost
12-03-2013, 09:43 PM
he was scored on nine times in the last two games - I think I'd make a change.

I believe if we go back and look, Tomkins gave up that many plus in the Miami and BG series.

Hockeybuckeye
12-03-2013, 10:04 PM
Though Davis has done well you can tell he's not at the level Tomkins is and if Tomkins was healthy in net we may well have had the wins.

klbaum1077
12-03-2013, 10:31 PM
Is Dalrymple hurt or just a healthy scratch?

Hockeybuckeye
12-03-2013, 11:05 PM
I believe if we go back and look, Tomkins gave up that many plus in the Miami and BG series.They were looking to have Olson be the starter and when he fizzled they went with Tomkins who had to gain confidence in the net. He did and has been very solid since. Not realistic to hold the early season games against him as early on our D was a sieve and the past couple of series they've been pretty solid so you can't really critique one players early season performance without pointing the finger at everyone.

Draighlicht
12-04-2013, 06:15 AM
I believe if we go back and look, Tomkins gave up that many plus in the Miami and BG series.
Tomkins goals against came in his first two starts, Davis' goals against came in his fourth and fifth starts. He did well and I'm thankful he was on the roster, but he's a back-up goalie and not a starter.