• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

http://youtu.be/2wReIP2JKIo

Comment

Originally posted by THE OHIO STATE View Post
      Nice WIN & split for the Bucks. It will be fun to watch some games on the Big Ten Network this year.

Not sure if serious.
      ---
      National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
      Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
      19 Conference Championships
      10 Conference Tournament Championships
      2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
        and at least one more who committed but never showed up (John Gibson).
        Forgot about him

Comment

• Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
          Forgot about him
          I am pretty sure he decommitted first and then committed to michiagn, then decommitted to them and went the ohl route

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Buck View Post
            I am pretty sure he decommitted first and then committed to michiagn, then decommitted to them and went the ohl route
            You are correct that is exactly what he did

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              ....looks like Olson has left the program....http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...son_leaves.php
              Can they bring up a new Goalie from the USHL?
              " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

I can't believe Olson did that. Wonder if it was all his decision or if the parents pushed him towards it? The thing is you have to be solid as possible in net if you want to be the starter and Collin for whatever reason just hadn't gotten his game as sharp as it should have been.
                I can't respect his decision because if he wanted to be the starter then you WORK HARDER at developing your game so you can rightfully claim the starting spot, not bolt and run thinking you'll be more appreciated somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by THE OHIO STATE View Post
                  Can they bring up a new Goalie from the USHL?
                  Not until next season. They will use Logan Davis as the second goalie and probably look to the OSU club team to get a practice goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                    I can't believe Olson did that. Wonder if it was all his decision or if the parents pushed him towards it? The thing is you have to be solid as possible in net if you want to be the starter and Collin for whatever reason just hadn't gotten his game as sharp as it should have been.
                    I can't respect his decision because if he wanted to be the starter then you WORK HARDER at developing your game so you can rightfully claim the starting spot, not bolt and run thinking you'll be more appreciated somewhere else.
                    I'm sure he did what was best for himself after talking to his parents, the Carolina Hurricane and his family adviser. Good luck to him. I think he was partly the victim of circumstance last year in that Brady Hjelle had a season to remember for a long time for OSU and wound up being an all-American. This season the job seemed to me to be Olson's to lose and he proceeded to do just that. That part is squarely on his shoulders and leaving a team for hopefully greener pastures elsewhere when things get tough usually isn't the best way to instill confidence in your game among you future team mates.

from Chris Dilks:
                    His options for his next move, would be to head to the USHL, where he could play for the rest of the year, and then be eligible to play NCAA hockey again as soon as January 2015, or head to the Western Hockey League, where his rights are held by Prince George.
                    Last edited by Draighlicht; 11-04-2013, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Still, very disappointed in him. If you aren't willing to work to be #1 but want to bail instead what does that say? I think he has the skill sets but just needed to improve which comes through practice and dedication and then we may have been able to do a goalie rotation like Miami does.
                      If he was not going to return next season and gave the coaches advance notice then that's different, but to take off like this leaving the team in the lurch is a selfish move and although I always liked him I can't wish him well because I think it shows a lack of ethics and commitment on being a Buckeye.
                      Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 11-04-2013, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Well like I said I'd be happy with a split and I am. Didn't feel we played that bad Fri but came out Sat with a lot of energy then hung on.

I actually noticed Olson was not dressed Sat night and figured something was up..

Comment

I was VERY proud of how the guys played this weekend, especially Saturday.

Comment

I was VERY proud of how the guys played this weekend, especially Saturday.
                            The Knucklebucks hosted a Zamboni on the Oval event this afternoon to draw student attention to the men's and women's hockey programs. Had a blast! The women's team was out in full force...Cara Zubko and her teammates are awesome! Not one member of the men's team showed up.

Amazingly guess who did....Gordon Gee!

Comment

Did anyone TELL the men's team about it?

Comment

Did anyone TELL the men's team about it?
                                Yes. Knucklebucks were texting back and forth with players. After being there, I definitely have a new found appreciation for the women's hockey program. Those girls mean business!

Comment

Working...
                                X