PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Hockeybuckeye
11-12-2013, 08:25 PM
The ATM line is picking up where they left off last year! Can't wait to see the boys take on Canisius this weekend!Canisius should be no problem if we play as well as last week. It's the opponent AFTER Canisius is where the real fun begins!

Draighlicht
11-13-2013, 04:54 AM
Canisius should be no problem if we play as well as last week. It's the opponent AFTER Canisius is where the real fun begins!
with the goalie situation being what it is I wouldn't say the two games against Canisius are "no problem." Unless they pick cup a goalie today or tomorrow they are one injury away from having none.

Hockeybuckeye
11-13-2013, 06:52 AM
with the goalie situation being what it is I wouldn't say the two games against Canisius are "no problem." Unless they pick cup a goalie today or tomorrow they are one injury away from having none.
I'd say unless one is brought in from the club team which I don't even know if the rules allow the most likely scenario is one of our usual healthy scratches will be suited up as a goalie and drilled intensively this week by Exter to be the backup backup backup goalie!

gilmore tuttle
11-13-2013, 07:55 AM
The goalie situation will be cleared up by the end of the day. The new backup should have a very good glove, but its been a while since he has strapped the pads on.

OSUmab
11-13-2013, 08:07 AM
Our own jsvo88 retweeted Aaron Gretz, catcher on the baseball team from Minny, that he was approved to play NCAA Hockey. So there is your new goalie! 4 year letter winner in High School

Hockeybuckeye
11-13-2013, 11:56 AM
Our own jsvo88 retweeted Aaron Gretz, catcher on the baseball team from Minny, that he was approved to play NCAA Hockey. So there is your new goalie! 4 year letter winner in High School
Sweet. If he has the skills Joe Exter should make quick progress with him!

OSUmab
11-13-2013, 12:21 PM
Ok it seems we are just looking at emergency options if Tomkins cant dress as of right now. So not sure he will actually join the team. Looking to add someone more experienced next Semester if I am understanding this correctly.

Hockeybuckeye
11-13-2013, 12:24 PM
Well if he can go through the rest of the semester and we enroll and bring someone else in during break that seems to be the best we can do then.

GreyGhost
11-13-2013, 02:20 PM
Canisius should be no problem if we play as well as last week. It's the opponent AFTER Canisius is where the real fun begins!

No doubt! Rumor has it goalie situation is coming to fruition.

Bring some canned goods to support the Mid-Ohio Food Bank this weekend! Good, worthwhile cause...I know us Buckeyes can fill those bins!

Hockeybuckeye
11-13-2013, 09:59 PM
It's official now that Gretz is on the hockey roster. What a lucky find for our coaches that he's here at OSU.
Here's the link to OSU's announcement. http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-hockey/mtt/aaron_gretz_876844.html

Draighlicht
11-14-2013, 03:22 PM
....and now we have four goalies.

Aaron Kahn, a goalie for the OSU Club Hockey team, has been added to the Ohio State roster

WiscDC
11-14-2013, 03:36 PM
It's official now that Gretz is on the hockey roster. What a lucky find for our coaches that he's here at OSU.
Here's the link to OSU's announcement. http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-hockey/mtt/aaron_gretz_876844.html

I wonder how well he can skate, because that's extremely important.

pgb-ohio
11-14-2013, 05:01 PM
I wonder how well he can skate, because that's extremely important.Not an unfair question given the emergency circumstances, but his credentials pretty much tell you he's going to be a competent skater. Apple Valley is a large, suburban high school with lots of candidates for Varsity Hockey; and competing in the MN High School Tournament pretty much speaks for itself. A guy who can't skate isn't going to clear those hurdles.

Also, I've got to believe that the coaches gave him a very thorough tryout prior to adding him to the roster -- and that minimum skating competence was non-negotiable.

All that said, whether he's a strong enough player to challenge for real minutes at the D-1 level, especially after Tompkins returns, is a wide open question. No guarantees on that one.

Draighlicht
11-14-2013, 05:34 PM
I wonder how well he can skate, because that's extremely important.I'm not worried about his skating. I'm worried that he grabs the puck out of the air and then fires it the length of the rink trying to throw out a runner at second base. :D

Hockeybuckeye
11-14-2013, 05:44 PM
I wonder how well he can skate, because that's extremely important.
Goalies can skate??

Hockeybuckeye
11-15-2013, 08:41 PM
Sloppy Sloppy Sloppy! TERRIBLE passing and puck control tonight and everyone's timing was off by a fraction of a second. If we had played a strong team we'd have gotten our you know what's handed to us!
Can you tell I'm pi**ed we settled for 3 goals and not 4 so I didn't get my free Big Mac? LOL!

klbaum1077
11-15-2013, 11:49 PM
Sloppy Sloppy Sloppy! TERRIBLE passing and puck control tonight and everyone's timing was off by a fraction of a second. If we had played a strong team we'd have gotten our you know what's handed to us!
Can you tell I'm pi**ed we settled for 3 goals and not 4 so I didn't get my free Big Mac? LOL!

Lets hope every win gives them more and more confidence. 7 out of 8 now and one more to come tomorrow hopefully. Get all of this sloppiness out of the way and they can play solid hockey starting nov 29th.

Hockeybuckeye
11-16-2013, 02:55 AM
Lets hope every win gives them more and more confidence. 7 out of 8 now and one more to come tomorrow hopefully. Get all of this sloppiness out of the way and they can play solid hockey starting nov 29th.You got that right. Michigan's hockey team doesn't play like their football team and will always be on the attack.

GreyGhost
11-16-2013, 09:53 PM
Sweep! Sweep! Sweep!

Hockeybuckeye
11-17-2013, 02:14 PM
Anyone else think we were playing a little too complacent last night?