PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Draighlicht
04-30-2013, 07:44 AM
Yeah, this last season his major contribution was taking stupid penalties at the worst possible moments.I was being kind. :D

Hockeybuckeye
04-30-2013, 02:02 PM
I was being kind. :DPersonally I liked Chris a lot but the truth is what it is.

Hockeybuckeye
05-01-2013, 05:32 PM
This was taken from today's Columbus Dispatch. -

Upper Arlington goalie signs with OSU men’s hockey
Goaltender Logan Davis of Upper Arlington has signed a national letter of intent to play hockey at Ohio State.Davis is a product of the Ohio AAA Blue Jackets program.
Also signing with Ohio State were defensemen Josh Healey of Edmonton and Drew Brevig of Prior Lake, Minn., and forward Dave Gust of Orland Park, Ill.

THE OHIO STATE
05-01-2013, 06:25 PM
Good article about Head Coach Rohlik.

http://www.uscho.com/2013/04/29/rohliks-long-road-to-a-head-coaching-position-complete/

4four4
05-01-2013, 07:11 PM
Ok, I have seen this guy coach at Hill Murray and In my opinion this is a great hire. He is more than ready to be a college head coach if he does well in Columbus and there is an opening in Minnesota look for him to be in the coaching discussion.

Hockeybuckeye
05-01-2013, 07:32 PM
I think he's up to the challenge of going ahead with what Oz started here but in his own style. There could not be a better opportunity for him to build a successful program here that will get him noticed. I don't see him leaving anytime soon if this truly becomes HIS program and we compete strongly in the new conference AND as long as our athletic department treats him right.

osualum86
05-01-2013, 08:47 PM
I think he's up to the challenge of going ahead with what Oz started here but in his own style. There could not be a better opportunity for him to build a successful program here that will get him noticed. I don't see him leaving anytime soon if this truly becomes HIS program and we compete strongly in the new conference AND as long as our athletic department treats him right.

Not to beat a dead horse (as GreyGhost has alluded to), but the last part of your final sentence is key in whether Rohlik stays or goes. If the athletic department continues to treat hockey like it always has, I doubt if Rohlik stays. I mean, really, if I was a college hockey coach and had to choose between OSU or Minnesota, well, that would kind of be a no brainer. I really hope Rohlik stays and builds a great program here, but I am not sure if he could pass up an offer from a tradition-rich program that makes more of a commitment to the sport.

osualum86
05-01-2013, 08:56 PM
This was taken from today's Columbus Dispatch. -

Upper Arlington goalie signs with OSU men’s hockey
Goaltender Logan Davis of Upper Arlington has signed a national letter of intent to play hockey at Ohio State.Davis is a product of the Ohio AAA Blue Jackets program.
Also signing with Ohio State were defensemen Josh Healey of Edmonton and Drew Brevig of Prior Lake, Minn., and forward Dave Gust of Orland Park, Ill.

Great news on the recruits. I especially like the idea of getting the great local players to stay home. One other note, it's a family affair with Dave Gust. His Sister, Kara, is a defenseman for our womens team. Nice to see Coach Rohlik keeping our recruits in the fold. One quick question, I was thinking we had five new guys coming in. Just thought of the other recruit, Zach Stepan (cousin of Derek Stepan of the NY Rangers). Is he still coming to OSU? Everything I have read says he is still committed, but I had not heard anything.

Hockeybuckeye
05-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Without digging back through old posts weren't we supposed to have another goalie coming in?

osualum86
05-01-2013, 09:42 PM
Without digging back through old posts weren't we supposed to have another goalie coming in?

I was looking at a recruiting website and found Matt Tomkins (goalie). Is that the recruit you were thinking of?

Hockeybuckeye
05-01-2013, 10:04 PM
I was looking at a recruiting website and found Matt Tomkins (goalie). Is that the recruit you were thinking of?Can't recall but I seem to remember whoever it was was supposed to be a blue chip goalie.

osualum86
05-07-2013, 09:27 PM
Reports are surfacing that two defensemen, Nolan Valleau and Cliff Watson, have decommitted from Ohio State. Tough news. I guess this is to be expected with a coaching change. Hopefully this doesn't become a pattern.

Hockeybuckeye
05-08-2013, 06:09 AM
Reports are surfacing that two defensemen, Nolan Valleau and Cliff Watson, have decommitted from Ohio State. Tough news. I guess this is to be expected with a coaching change. Hopefully this doesn't become a pattern.Ouch!

Draighlicht
05-08-2013, 11:23 AM
the full schedule is out at the the link below

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/osu/sports/m-hockey/auto_pdf/2013-14/schedule/schedule.pdf

Lots of home games!

pinch
05-08-2013, 12:48 PM

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/osu/sports/m-hockey/auto_pdf/2013-14/schedule/schedule.pdf

Lots of home games!

I have to think 13 road games is the lowest total for any team next yr - non IVY

klbaum1077
05-08-2013, 03:57 PM

Lots of home games!

I hate that both Michigan games in columbus are on monday.

Hockeybuckeye
05-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Who's the scheduling genius who doesn't realize weekday games SU*K and poison attendance?

Draighlicht
05-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Who's the scheduling genius who doesn't realize weekday games SU*K and poison attendance?The B1G Ten Network

jerryj
05-09-2013, 03:06 PM
Great news on the recruits. I especially like the idea of getting the great local players to stay home. One other note, it's a family affair with Dave Gust. His Sister, Kara, is a defenseman for our womens team. Nice to see Coach Rohlik keeping our recruits in the fold. One quick question, I was thinking we had five new guys coming in. Just thought of the other recruit, Zach Stepan (cousin of Derek Stepan of the NY Rangers). Is he still coming to OSU? Everything I have read says he is still committed, but I had not heard anything.

there has been talk going around for weeks that stepan will be decommitting and may want to go to the U but that rohlik is trying to prevent decommits from going to big ten schools, or minnesota anyhow. IF thats true then personally i think thats a mistake considering the head coach these kids committed to was fired, as well as the fact that in college hockey that isnt the norm. a couple recent examples being guadreau decommitting from Hockey East's northeastern when their coach was fired and going to Hockey East BC, and just this week ausmus committing to NCHC's north dakota after decommitting from NCHC's denver after they fired their coach. the stepan thing is a rumor but it would make sense that he may be considering decommitting because it sounds like he chose OSU based on the stepan family ties with Osiecki from his time in wisconsin. whatever happens with the OSU recruits and program in general- the fans can thank the AD because after all of the momentum the program had (which i thought was the program on the up-and-up above any other program right now), theyve lost a top 5 coach in terms of recruiting and his recruits to boot. in the words of robert deniro in copland, "you blew it...."

thetruthhurts
05-09-2013, 05:02 PM
there has been talk going around for weeks that stepan will be decommitting and may want to go to the U but that rohlik is trying to prevent decommits from going to big ten schools, or minnesota anyhow. IF thats true then personally i think thats a mistake considering the head coach these kids committed to was fired, as well as the fact that in college hockey that isnt the norm. a couple recent examples being guadreau decommitting from Hockey East's northeastern when their coach was fired and going to Hockey East BC, and just this week ausmus committing to NCHC's north dakota after decommitting from NCHC's denver after they fired their coach. the stepan thing is a rumor but it would make sense that he may be considering decommitting because it sounds like he chose OSU based on the stepan family ties with Osiecki from his time in wisconsin. whatever happens with the OSU recruits and program in general- the fans can thank the AD because after all of the momentum the program had (which i thought was the program on the up-and-up above any other program right now), theyve lost a top 5 coach in terms of recruiting and his recruits to boot. in the words of robert deniro in copland, "you blew it...."

Amus had not signed a LOI. Not sure about guadreau

I wouldn't lose much sleep about Watson or Vallau. Stephen would probably make me toss and turn a little though, but I'd be fine the next day.

Doesn't the B10 have an additional inter conference transfer rule require an athlete to sit out and lose a year of elgibility?