PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

THE OHIO STATE
10-29-2013, 04:17 AM
I would think Tomkins gets the start winning 2 straight and then they split the 2 games with Duluth this weekend.

Looks like Rookie Tomkins will be giving Olson a run at the starting position. Good luck to both goalies.

Biddco
10-29-2013, 08:27 AM
there should be. go to this link and the info will be posted to the right of the schedule after the Bowling Green game on Tuesday.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-hockey/sched/osu-m-hockey-sched.html

Ahh, see I looked there but it wasn't available. Must be because it is not an upcoming game. Any idea of cost?

klbaum1077
10-29-2013, 06:22 PM
Once again not clearing the puck cost them and once again they dig an early hole.

klbaum1077
10-29-2013, 08:24 PM
I liked the way this team battled in the 3rd after giving up goals. They came right back both times to take the lead and win the game. 3 straight wins going into the weekend against Duluth. The PK is still a huge problem as once again they give up a PPG for the 6th straight game.Sounded as if Tomkins did not have a chance on any of the 3 BG Goals. I would expect to see him on Friday night. See Everyone on Friday night! Go Bucks!

Hockeybuckeye
10-29-2013, 10:04 PM
I thought it was an ugly game. Our passing was ATTROCIOUS! We were lucky BG didn't get another goal in the 1st as DaSilva had a guy behind our net dancing all around him with the puck and Justin is trying to only play him stick to stick. Is he afraid to hit someone smaller and knock them off the puck? Also breakdown in defense several times left a BG player wide open in front of our net!
We did make some good plays which won us the game but NO scoring on a brief 5 on 3 or a 5 min major?
Too many discrepancies in our game yet to make me feel comfortable going into this weekend.

osualum86
10-29-2013, 11:32 PM
Hockeybuckeye, from where I was sitting, the reason we don't score on power plays is because our positioning is terrible. We looked completely disorganized on the PP tonight. We didn't spread the ice very well to open up passing lanes and it made our PP easy for Bowling Green to defend. I'm with you, too many things that need to be cleaned up to make anyone feel like we are ready to challenge clubs like Minnesota-Duluth or the teams in the BIG (other than Penn State and possibly Michigan State, but you know the Spartans won't be down for long ... too much history and tradition in East Lansing). Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin, we have a long way to go to be competitive with those teams.

Draighlicht
10-30-2013, 06:36 AM
Ahh, see I looked there but it wasn't available. Must be because it is not an upcoming game. Any idea of cost?the games will apparently be streamed online by the BTN (Big Ten Network). More than likely the link will be on OSU schedule page near game time.

Hockeybuckeye
10-30-2013, 06:57 AM
Hockeybuckeye, from where I was sitting, the reason we don't score on power plays is because our positioning is terrible. We looked completely disorganized on the PP tonight. We didn't spread the ice very well to open up passing lanes and it made our PP easy for Bowling Green to defend. I'm with you, too many things that need to be cleaned up to make anyone feel like we are ready to challenge clubs like Minnesota-Duluth or the teams in the BIG (other than Penn State and possibly Michigan State, but you know the Spartans won't be down for long ... too much history and tradition in East Lansing). Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin, we have a long way to go to be competitive with those teams.Agree, they take too long trying for that "perfect" shot or sometimes rushing in taking a shot from a bad angle before the rest of the guys come across the blue line and set up. They rarely send it across the ice for a quick slap but are taking too long to tee it up give the defense and goalie time to adjust. I just don't see that team chemistry yet where they know where their teammates will be and what they'll do.

Biddco
10-30-2013, 07:56 AM
the games will apparently be streamed online by the BTN (Big Ten Network). More than likely the link will be on OSU schedule page near game time.

I see it now. It's nice that you can purchase a month pass for only 10 Bucks. Wisconsin had it where you were charged every month unless you cancelled it. I just might order it.

Draighlicht
10-30-2013, 08:17 AM
Agree, they take too long trying for that "perfect" shot or sometimes rushing in taking a shot from a bad angle before the rest of the guys come across the blue line and set up. They rarely send it across the ice for a quick slap but are taking too long to tee it up give the defense and goalie time to adjust. I just don't see that team chemistry yet where they know where their teammates will be and what they'll do.in their defense I'm sure they are still adjusting to the changes in the coaching staff. Even though 2/3 of it is the same there's a different person calling the shots. At this point in the season I'll be happy with progress. Now ---- if they continue to play this way in February I'll be on this site screaming the old "mad as hell and not going to take it any more" stuff. ;)

osualum86
10-30-2013, 10:10 AM
in their defense I'm sure they are still adjusting to the changes in the coaching staff. Even though 2/3 of it is the same there's a different person calling the shots. At this point in the season I'll be happy with progress. Now ---- if they continue to play this way in February I'll be on this site screaming the old "mad as hell and not going to take it any more" stuff. ;)

I guess the question then becomes how long will the adjustment period last? Apparently longer than six games and a preseason training camp. I agree with you regarding being content seeing progress.

OSUmab
10-30-2013, 10:56 AM
Back to .500-hopefully at least that after Sat Night.

It's nice to see Oddo playing well and Niddery. Dzingel got that 1st goal last night hopefully many more to come. Get Max going and Fritz back would help us alot.

Speaking of, I don't expect Fritz to return this weekend, correct?

klbaum1077
10-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Back to .500-hopefully at least that after Sat Night.

It's nice to see Oddo playing well and Niddery. Dzingel got that 1st goal last night hopefully many more to come. Get Max going and Fritz back would help us alot.

Speaking of, I don't expect Fritz to return this weekend, correct?

If i heard Herb right last night dont expect Fritz back for at least 2 weeks.

osualum86
10-30-2013, 07:08 PM
If i heard Herb right last night dont expect Fritz back for at least 2 weeks.

Should make a difference when we get Fritz back. Rohlik can put him back on that line with McCormick and Szczechura ("ATM" Line ... Alex-Max-Tanner). That line was pretty lethal last season. Hopefully they can recapture that magic.

OSUmab
11-01-2013, 12:34 PM
As I said in the matchup thread I'd be happy with a split this weekend

klbaum1077
11-01-2013, 09:26 PM
I thought the difference in the game was the way that UMD while in there own zone took time and space away from the Buckeyes most of the night. Once again the PK gives up a goal for now the 7th straight game. I thought the Buckeyes owned the 3rd period until that 3rd Bulldog goal. If DIzngle scores instead of hitting that crossbar i belive the buckeyes win but he didnt and UMD did a nice job from there. Way to many passes to no body tonight. Tomkins played a decent game in my mind but he does go down to early which they picked on for that first goal top shelf. I can see why they give up so many cross crease chances on the Pk. They are way to slow rotating within the box.

osualum86
11-02-2013, 08:31 PM
Nice bounce-back win for the Buckeyes over a quality opponent. I didn't make it to the games as I am in Madison, WI cheering on our women's hockey team, but I just got to a computer and saw the final score on gametracker. Sounds like the guys did some good things this weekend and took a step forward.

GreyGhost
11-02-2013, 10:29 PM
Nice bounce-back win for the Buckeyes over a quality opponent. I didn't make it to the games as I am in Madison, WI cheering on our women's hockey team, but I just got to a computer and saw the final score on gametracker. Sounds like the guys did some good things this weekend and took a step forward.

I'm happy with a W tonight. Came out in the first period and took control. Second period was a little shaky. Third you could tell we were getting wore out with the pace. ENG sealed the deal. Lots of things to build on, including the Powerless Play. Was happy to see us less in the penalty box tonight although we took a few stupid penalties that did cost us.

I don't know if Rohlik blew up the locker room last night or gave the boys some energy drinks tonight...it worked. Gotta keep this progress moving forward and cannot collapse again.

klbaum1077
11-02-2013, 10:53 PM
Nice win tonight for the guys. For the most part they dominatined the first 35 minutes or so until that 2nd UMD goal. Now that i have seen them in person more than once, i can see how they give up so many chances in front of the net. They are way to undiscpline in the defensive zone. To many guys running around getting out of position and chasing. It is worse on the PK the box gets way out of control and guys are late rotating down causing that cross crease pass to be open. One other thing they chase the puck to much behind the net while shorthanded and again guys get out of place. I thought they played 2 really competitive games this weekend. Hope they can build on this and go from here.

fr joe
11-03-2013, 12:10 AM
Nice win tonight for the guys... Hope they can build on this and go from here.
Truly a Rockin and Rohlik Time! ;)