PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

redeagle
10-17-2013, 08:50 AM
All the Miami games vs former WCHA members were played in non conference action. Correct? Sorry your in for a rude awakening when you visit the likes of The Ralp. The days of sleeping walking through the conference are over.

I don't hear anyone at Miami expecting otherwise. Miami chose its conference and knows it will be different and very difficult. When you add Wisconsin, Providence, and OSU out of conference, MU deserves credit for a difficult schedule, IMO. I guess if Miami sleep walked through the CCHA, then UM, MSU, Notre Dame, OSU etc. must have also. By the way, sorry to inject this here. Just wanted to respond.

Hockeybuckeye
10-17-2013, 10:51 AM
Got the word that George passed. He will be at the Novak Funeral Home - http://www.novakfuneralhome.com/
George was one of the Founding Fathers of Ohio State hockey and a great guy. Anyone who wants to pay respects or send condolences I'm sure the family would be appreciative that our fans are grateful for George's contributions and legacy to our program.

GreyGhost
10-18-2013, 07:11 PM
Redhawk95....Are you watching this game? North Dakota? Hmmmm. Just as I predicted. :) 3-0

GreyGhost
10-18-2013, 07:17 PM
Three, three, three...we want MORE goals! Sieve, sieve, sieve, sieve! It's all your fault

GreyGhost
10-18-2013, 08:37 PM
Three, three, three...we want MORE goals! Sieve, sieve, sieve, sieve! It's all your fault

4-2! I wanna know, ow ow ow, if you'll be my girl!

Hockeybuckeye
10-18-2013, 09:32 PM
Three, three, three...we want MORE goals! Sieve, sieve, sieve, sieve! It's all your faultDo you want some salt to rub into the wound as well Grey Ghost? :D

osualum86
10-18-2013, 09:45 PM
Do you want some salt to rub into the wound as well Grey Ghost? :D

Isn't is sad that we have to live vicariously through some other program because ours is in meltdown mode? :mad:

Hockeybuckeye
10-18-2013, 09:50 PM
Isn't is sad that we have to live vicariously through some other program because ours is in meltdown mode? :mad:I know, I probably shouldn't encourage him. :rolleyes:

fellowes
10-18-2013, 10:13 PM
Redhawk95....Are you watching this game? North Dakota? Hmmmm. Just as I predicted. :) 3-0

4-2! I wanna know, ow ow ow, if you'll be my girl!

So much asspain.

Isn't is sad that we have to live vicariously through some other program because ours is in meltdown mode? :mad:

Finally, the voice of reason ;)

GreyGhost
10-19-2013, 01:40 AM
So much asspain.

Finally, the voice of reason ;)

I see nothing wrong with that. If anything that happens in the NCHC makes our boys quiver, I am all for it. Are you ready for a team that goes 0-36, because that is where were are headed. We can't hit the broad side of a barn if we are headed toward it.

Hockeybuckeye
10-19-2013, 07:03 AM
We can't hit the broad side of a barn if we are headed toward it.I don't see scoring as our issue, one goal will win a game and we seem to be able to do that much. The problem lies when you allow the other team to score more than you. The defense side of our game must get a lot better or Grey Ghost is right, it's going to be a LONG season.

Draighlicht
10-19-2013, 07:27 AM
If we only had a coach who knew how to coach defense..... Oh wait - we fired him!:D

osualum86
10-19-2013, 01:05 PM
I know, I probably shouldn't encourage him. :rolleyes:

It's alright. If some want to poke fun at other teams because ours sucks, I am not going to stop them or argue with them. I would rather actually see us put a decent hockey team on the ice than to set around and have to cheer for "whoever plays such-and-such team that owns us right now." People can say whatever they want about Osiecki, but at least we were competitive with Miami, we weren't getting our butts handed to us like we did a couple weeks ago. Gonna be a real long season here.

osualum86
10-19-2013, 01:09 PM
If we only had a coach who knew how to coach defense..... Oh wait - we fired him!:D

Exactly. Sometimes hiring a coach that the players lobby for isn't the best idea. It's pretty obvious that Rohlik is in over his head, as proven in blowout losses to Miami and an inability to hold a 3-0 lead against a team that is picked to finish in the middle of the pack in the new WCHA.

osualum86
10-22-2013, 09:17 AM
Anyone going to the game vs Robert Morris this Friday? Think Mrs 86 and I are heading down. I was on RMU's website and it appears both teams will be looking for win #1. Robert Morris was swept by Lake Superior and tied Niagara, so they are 0-2-1. It will be interesting to see how our team comes out of the gate. We're off to a slow start at 0-3. We'll see if they can turn the season around and start moving in the right direction.

Hockeybuckeye
10-22-2013, 10:51 AM
Win or lose they're always my team and I'll be there.

Draighlicht
10-22-2013, 12:04 PM
I'll be there. And here's a disgusting reminder.....OSU has never beaten Robert Morris in Columbus, only in Pittsburgh.

osualum86
10-22-2013, 01:27 PM
I'll be there. And here's a disgusting reminder.....OSU has never beaten Robert Morris in Columbus, only in Pittsburgh.

Well, then, we're due, huh?!? :D

Draighlicht
10-23-2013, 02:27 PM
apparently we're popular in Edmonton. OSU picked up a commit today from Nick Jones of Edmonton. Team mate last year of Matt Tomkins and josh Healey at Sherwood Park. 5'10" forward who was the Alberta league player of the week for last week.

osualum86
10-23-2013, 08:06 PM
apparently we're popular in Edmonton. OSU picked up a commit today from Nick Jones of Edmonton. Team mate last year of Matt Tomkins and josh Healey at Sherwood Park. 5'10" forward who was the Alberta league player of the week for last week.

Hopefully they stay committed! :D