Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
    Posted this in the UMass thread, but that's like talking to one's self. Seems like Ben Gallacher is coming to Amherst this year. Any thoughts from OSU fans about what we can expect from him?
    It's much the same here with regard to talking to one's self.

That said, Gallacher never seemed to pan out at OSU and whether that was him or the coaching staff I can't answer. He was highly regarded when he arrived on campus and a lot was expected of him. The games I saw him play I thought his reactions times were a little slow, but that could well have been the fact that he was thinking too much and not just playing hockey.

His father owns a good hunk of the Canadian tar sands and the Portland Winter Hawks in the WHL. I was hoping he and his dad would love OSU so much they would build a hockey only arena on campus to say 'thanks.'

Comment

Did a quick check of the old stats. Looks like he played just one season at OSU, meaning 2011-12. He appeared in 24 games, and bagged one goal and 11 assists. He took 15 penalties, all minors. Plus/minus was -3. Perfectly reasonable numbers for a member of the supporting cast, which is how I remember him. Whether he fell short of reasonable expectations isn't for me to say.

Best of luck to Ben at Amherst.
      Last edited by pgb-ohio; 08-27-2013, 11:57 AM.

Comment

OSU sniper Hugo Boisvert headed for induction into OSU HOF on Sept. 27th

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2...ll-of-a-player
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

Nice read on one of our all-time greats. Thanks for sharing. I think his induction is way overdue, myself. But then, the way OSU treats hockey as an afterthought, I'd be lying if I said I was surprised.

Comment

couple of former Puck Bucks speak

http://youtu.be/MdcWoy27y4U

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

Great news! Gotta admit, it's very hard to believe Hugo is 37 years old. And the picture of the bald Hugo Boisvert is positively mind-blowing!

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
              Nice read on one of our all-time greats. Thanks for sharing. I think his induction is way overdue, myself. But then, the way OSU treats hockey as an afterthought, I'd be lying if I said I was surprised.
              Your comment inspired me to check, and you're correct: Hockey is a bit underrepresented in the Hall of Fame.

Here's a list of the number of players per Men's sport. Inductions for Male athletes began in 1977, although the Hall includes many whose playing days were over before that time. Note these numbers are for players only; they don't include coaches, administrators, etc. Also, the class of 2013 is included in the totals. Finally, I should mention that since I did a quick manual count, the numbers may not be exact. But even if not exact, they're very close:

Football 106
              Basketball 28
              Track & Field 23
              Diving 19
              Swimming 16
              Baseball 15
              Golf 14
              Wrestling 13
              Gymnastics 6
              Volleyball 5
              Lacrosse 5
              Hockey 4
              Tennis 4
              Soccer 2
              Fencing 2
              Rifle 1

This list should in no way diminish the joy of Boisvert's induction; that's all to the good. Now I'm really looking forward to being at the stadium on 9/28! But yes, your educated guess is accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                Don't worry man, nothing can ever be as bad as your "brutus" jerseys.
                At least we never bailed on our mascot you "Redhawk".

Comment

Originally posted by hockeybuckeye View Post
                  at least we never bailed on our mascot you "redhawk".
                  Good one!

Comment

Single game tickets go on sale tomorrow!

Comment

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....nsin-minnesota

Ohio State has the highest percentage of offense returning in the B1G.
                      https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                      Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Rohlik gets his first commit in Sam McCormick, Max's younger brother. on campus in 2015 after two years at Sioux City.

Comment

Originally posted by draighlicht View Post
                          rohlik gets his first commit in sam mccormick, max's younger brother. On campus in 2015 after two years at sioux city.
                          thumbs up.
                          " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Nice article about Sam in the Green Bay Press Gazette website.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...brother-s-lead

Comment

Bought my tickets today for Ohio State's game at Miami! They went on sale this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                                Bought my tickets today for Ohio State's game at Miami! They went on sale this morning.
                                Someone needs to have a talk with our ticket office...need to implement some standards about who we sell to.

Comment

Working...
                                X