X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....-hockey-jersey

Ohio State's new alternate jerseys are horrendous.
    Haha...did Cheech and Chong design them?
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
      Haha...did Cheech and Chong design them?
      Haha, yeah, we've never heard the "Buckeye leaves look like weed" joke. You guys need to come up with new material.

Comment

I think it's a little overkill on the Buckeye leaves, but I like the old-school diagonal letters. I would still buy one, although by the time they are actually in stores, they will have been retired.

Comment

Oz is gone, folks, regardless how you feel about it.

A new coach, a new conference, a new roster, even new ice.... let's go Bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGhost View Post
            Oz is gone, folks, regardless how you feel about it.

A new coach, a new conference, a new roster, even new ice.... let's go Bucks!
            And hopefully new results, too, like maybe an NCAA Tournament appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
              Haha, yeah, we've never heard the "Buckeye leaves look like weed" joke. You guys need to come up with new material.
              I thought the Buckeye was some sort of nut. Turns out it's weed's boring cousin.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                It's not like SCSU has a long history of playing OSU in any sport so it's his first exposure to the image and the link is obvious. Don't pick on him cause your logo looks like weed.

Comment

Well, I suppose so, if one is easily excited. The three diagonal letters on the front are a borrowed design from a classic Team USA jersey. Unoriginal yes, horrendous, no. Nothing wrong with the sleeve stripes either. The numbers and letters are crisp and clear, which is more important than fashion considerations -- and can't be said of all jerseys currently used.

Clearly the Buckeye leaves on the hem don't work, and that prevents me from giving the jersey a thumbs up. But I'd put it in the C/C- range, rather than horrendous.

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                  I thought the Buckeye was some sort of nut. Turns out it's weed's boring cousin.
                  Artwork that includes the actual Buckeye along with the leaves is far less "medicinal" in appearance. The more complete version should have been used on the hockey jersey, if leaves were going to be used at all.

Note that the "leaves only" design is used in the small stickers on football helmets. Those stickers are about the size of a 50 cent piece, and look fine at that size. But blow it up several times larger than originally intended, and yes, the problem is obvious.

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                  It's not like SCSU has a long history of playing OSU in any sport so it's his first exposure to the image and the link is obvious. Don't pick on him cause your logo looks like weed.
                  The teams are conference rivals in Women's Hockey. Maybe DL is familiar and maybe he isn't; that's for him to say. But he has had the opportunity.

For my part, I've been to both Men's & Women's games at the NSC. Much concrete, but a good college hockey setting. But the way the Men's Hockey announcer welcomes the Huskies to the ice? Let's just say he's been smoking Buckeye jerseys and leave it go at that.
                  Last edited by pgb-ohio; 08-23-2013, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                    The teams are conference rivals in Women's Hockey. Maybe DL is familiar and maybe he isn't; that's for him to say. But he has had the opportunity.

For my part, I've been to both Men's & Women's games at the NSC. Much concrete, but a good college hockey setting. But the way the Men's Hockey announcer welcomes the Huskies to the ice? Let's just say he's been smoking Buckeye jerseys and leave it go at that.
                    I just looked at a bunch of photos of the OSU women's teams and saw no evidence of pot leaves on their uniforms or helmets. I don't know how DL could have been expected to know that the pot reference is common and old hat.

Comment

I just looked at a bunch of photos of the OSU women's teams and saw no evidence of pot leaves on their uniforms or helmets. I don't know how DL could have been expected to know that the pot reference is common and old hat.
                      Wonder if he's ever heard of Google? If he typed in 'buckeye leaf - pot leaf' the whole world of childish remarks would open up for him.

*****http://i1239.***********.com/albums/ff502/Draighlicht/pot_leaf_20130218100422_320_240.jpg******

and the jersey design basically sucks.
                      Last edited by Draighlicht; 08-23-2013, 06:10 PM.

Comment

I'm fine with saying that DL did nothing wrong. No demerits.

At the same time, no new discovery was made. On this end, we've heard it all before. No brownie points.

Comment

• Don't worry man, nothing can ever be as bad as your "brutus" jerseys.

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                          Wonder if he's ever heard of Google? If he typed in 'buckeye leaf - pot leaf' the whole world of childish remarks would open up for him.

*****http://i1239.***********.com/albums/ff502/Draighlicht/pot_leaf_20130218100422_320_240.jpg******

and the jersey design basically sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                            Don't worry man, nothing can ever be as bad as your "brutus" jerseys.

Comment

Yeah...I'm old hat when I was parroting a joke from the ARTICLE POSTED EARLIER. Nice try, though.

Comment

Posted this in the UMass thread, but that's like talking to one's self. Seems like Ben Gallacher is coming to Amherst this year. Any thoughts from OSU fans about what we can expect from him?
                                #NewMass

Comment

Working...
                                X