X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU hockey 2013-14

Originally posted by Lakers2Glory View Post
    It sure would be nice to get a few early. Do you think some will wait until early in the season? I'm not too familar with the recruitment process.
    Hard to say. I don't think we'll see much in the way of verbal commitments over the Summer, and maybe even into the early Fall, at least in terms of those made "public" via the Heisenberg or College Hockey Inc recruiting sites. But sometimes kids commit verbally fairly early and that information can stay private for some time. Once they make a commitment, that decision doesn't always get publicized by their Junior team/league in a timely manner and then get picked up the recruiting sites. So sometimes verbal commitments may be made early, but we may not hear about them for quite awhile. I know Roque said he hoped to get a commitment from a D-man over the Summer, but even if he does we may not know about it for some time.

Recruiting for the 2014-15 season will be very important. We'll lose all 3 of our goalies plus a good portion of our D-men after next season. We'll also lose Campbell and Radke at forward and those two guys should be among our better scoring forwards next season.

Comment

Great comments on here from all the Jim Roque supporters. This is the year. Year 9 will be the best one yet under this coach!!!!

Comment

I'm surprised that the Roque haters don't point to the Lakers giving UAH their one D-I win last year as another nail.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
          I'm surprised that the Roque haters don't point to the Lakers giving UAH their one D-I win last year as another nail.

GFM

That falls under the inconsistent play part of the gripe list.
          BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

GFM
            Funny that once you begin to lament the sad state of affairs that has become Laker Hockey, you are labeled as a "Roque Hater"....now I no longer support this coach and feel that the program will be better off without him but in no way do I "hate" Jim Roque. I simply feel that he is not up to the demands that the position of a head coach in the D-1 ranks entails. He has consistently shown that he cannot motivate nor develop enough of his players to build a successful program.

In eight years he has only managed to post a record above 500 (over-all) 3 times and has never posted a winning record (not once over a 500) in conference play. He has guided his team to only one tournament apperance and has a losing play-off record. I am sorry to all Roque supporters but this program needs a change in a baaaaad way. Roque is simply not the one to guide this team towards a bright future. If my opinion constitutes as "hate" to all you sensitive types....so be it!

Comment

I don't hate Jim Roque . I don't even know Jim Roque . I do hate the fact the team under Jim Roque has done next to nothing with the talent it seems to have at times. I hate the fact this past season the team lost more games in a season than in any of Jim Roques years as head coach at Lake State.

Comment

It sure would be nice to get a couple of good goalie verbal commits this summer/fall to fill the gaping void that will be between the pipes in 14-15. It will definitely help us that whoever comes in will get a chance to start right away. Should eliminate another situation like we had with Tyler Marble this year, where there was no room at the inn.

Comment

Lakers should have some of the better goaltending in the nWCHA this coming season if Murdock and Kapalka stay healthy.
                  LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                    Lakers should have some of the better goaltending in the nWCHA this coming season if Murdock and Kapalka stay healthy.
                    Very true.

It should be a team strength this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post
                      Very true.

It should be a team strength this season.
                      The defense should be above average league wise as well. The offense.....oh boy that will most likely be a different story.
                      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                        Laker goaltending wasn't impressive at all through the second half of the season. There were games when even the goaltending seemed to have collasped and was just as responsible for the collaspe of the team as were the offense and defense. I am not sure if anything coming back next season is going to be that much of a plus .

Comment

Lakers were 48th, Nationally, in Team Offense & 33rd in Team Defense. I wouldn't say that inspires a ton of confidence.

Murdock was 10th, Nationally, in Save percentage. Unfortunately, he had to stop between 35-40 shots per game so his GAA was elevated. Kapalka had his worst year, statistically, last year, but I believe the shoulder injury sustained early on contributed to that. It will be interesting to see how Murdock is early on, as he suffered the same injury Kapalka did in the Sat. playoff loss to BG.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers2Glory View Post
                            Lakers were 48th, Nationally, in Team Offense & 33rd in Team Defense. I wouldn't say that inspires a ton of confidence.

Murdock was 10th, Nationally, in Save percentage. Unfortunately, he had to stop between 35-40 shots per game so his GAA was elevated. Kapalka had his worst year, statistically, last year, but I believe the shoulder injury sustained early on contributed to that. It will be interesting to see how Murdock is early on, as he suffered the same injury Kapalka did in the Sat. playoff loss to BG.
                            Murdock played well until the last few weeks of the season. From then on, he had some shaky games, with a couple of decent ones mixed in. We need a strong season from either Kapalka or Murdock (or both) next season. Every goalie is going to have an off night, but we didn't have the consistency in net we expected last season. Both guys had stretches where they didn't play that great.

Comment

So am I reading the news correctly? The word on the street is that every WCHA game will available online next year for viewing?

Other interesting tid-bit from the WCHA meetings: They are planning on using a few of the former CCHA refs.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post
                                So am I reading the news correctly? The word on the street is that every WCHA game will available online next year for viewing?
                                In some form or fashion, yes. Sounds like details are still being worked out.

Comment

Working...
                                X