PDA

View Full Version : Mark Osiecki Out at Ohio State

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Biddco
04-15-2013, 10:47 AM
http://www.uscho.com/2013/04/15/osiecki-out-at-ohio-state-over-difference-of-opinion-over-the-management-of-the-program/

You would guess that Gwoz is at the top of their list of candidates.

ExileOnDaytonStreet
04-15-2013, 10:48 AM
And Mike Eaves remains employed...

QUAlum2004
04-15-2013, 10:53 AM
http://www.uscho.com/2013/04/15/osiecki-out-at-ohio-state-over-difference-of-opinion-over-the-management-of-the-program/

You would guess that Gwoz is at the top of their list of candidates.

Yup he has to be. They need to become quickly relevant in the new Big 10 conference.

BassAle
04-15-2013, 11:15 AM
bet they hire someone before Maine

mookie1995
04-15-2013, 11:55 AM
bet they hire someone before Maine

dude!!! y'all HAVE a coach :D

thetruthhurts
04-15-2013, 01:46 PM
Bazin is the most hated coach in all of college hockey right now by his peers....

Every HC is looking over their shoulders

NCAA watcher
04-15-2013, 02:00 PM
Maybe the A.D. just overrecruited Head Coaches and told Osiecki he should coach in the USHL next year, and then there may be a spot for him the year after next?

Patman
04-15-2013, 02:03 PM
Bazin is the most hated coach in all of college hockey right now by his peers....

Every HC is looking over their shoulders

What the heck does that mean?

hockeyenthusiast
04-15-2013, 02:08 PM

That the fact that he has turned Lowell from a five-win team to a national championship contender in 2 years has exceeded the expectations that most schools will have about their HC. Wouldn't be surprised to see a vacancy at Harvard now that Yale won the national championship, for example. I don't think he meant that he's actually hated.

JB
04-15-2013, 02:13 PM

He is implying Bazin's 2 year success at Lowell is cost other coaches jobs.

"There was a difference of opinion over the management of the program that could not be resolved.

Sounds like Osiecki wanted commitment to the program in some way the school wouldn't go. Now if Gowz is hired we will know the management "issue" was with the coach not commitment to the program.

Biddco
04-15-2013, 02:21 PM
If anything it was the Gwozdecky firing that has changed the accountability for hockey coaches. Or OSU wanted Gwoz and decided to get rid of Oz.

thetruthhurts
04-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Maybe the A.D. just overrecruited Head Coaches and told Osiecki he should coach in the USHL next year, and then there may be a spot for him the year after next?

love it, so true....

thetruthhurts
04-15-2013, 02:53 PM
He is implying Bazin's 2 year success at Lowell is cost other coaches jobs.

"There was a difference of opinion over the management of the program that could not be resolved.

Sounds like Osiecki wanted commitment to the program in some way the school wouldn't go. Now if Gowz is hired we will know the management "issue" was with the coach not commitment to the program.

From a March 2013 article prior to the CCH playoffs:

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2013/3/15/4101670/ohio-state-hockey-osu-ice-rink-called-upon-one-last-time

Ohio State is in its third year under coach Mark Osiecki. Prior an assistant at Wisconsin, Osiecki knows what it takes to build a top program. He too knows what it is like to have commitment and unrivaled support placed into hockey by an athletic department. There have long been plans for a new rink to emerge on campus, but year after year those plans are put to the back page, another project taking precedence, funding not available.

osualum86
04-15-2013, 03:14 PM
From a March 2013 article prior to the CCH playoffs:

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2013/3/15/4101670/ohio-state-hockey-osu-ice-rink-called-upon-one-last-time

Ohio State is in its third year under coach Mark Osiecki. Prior an assistant at Wisconsin, Osiecki knows what it takes to build a top program. He too knows what it is like to have commitment and unrivaled support placed into hockey by an athletic department. There have long been plans for a new rink to emerge on campus, but year after year those plans are put to the back page, another project taking precedence, funding not available.

+1000 ^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Until AD Gene Smith and the rest of the athletic department make a legitimate committment to the sport of ice hockey, this is the way it is going to be. This one is on Gene Smith. Sad day and sad state of affairs for Buckeye Hockey fans.

JB
04-15-2013, 03:56 PM
+1000 ^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Until AD Gene Smith and the rest of the athletic department make a legitimate committment to the sport of ice hockey, this is the way it is going to be. This one is on Gene Smith. Sad day and sad state of affairs for Buckeye Hockey fans.

Yes, but if tOSU all of a sudden bellies up to the bar with a big old pile of cash for Gwoz ... I would expect it was a faith in the coach problem causing the build/program commitment issues.

thetruthhurts
04-15-2013, 04:06 PM
Cash for a GWOZ contract he couldn't neg at DU? Probably. It will be a lot less than building a new rink

Then monkey will be on GWOZ to elevate the program to Natl contender

osualum86
04-15-2013, 07:27 PM
Yes, but if tOSU all of a sudden bellies up to the bar with a big old pile of cash for Gwoz ... I would expect it was a faith in the coach problem causing the build/program commitment issues.

I would love to be wrong about Gwoz not taking the job here, but I don't see why any bigtime coach like that would take the position when there is a complete lack of support/committment from the athletic department here.

THE OHIO STATE
04-15-2013, 07:31 PM
The news of Coach OZ getting let go is no surprise to me. Word on the street was he treated some of his staff & players like dirt. He was a cold & rude person. I think Coach OZ was going to come into this program & treat it like , " It's my way OR the hiway attitude. " He looked so unhappy & acted like he was the BIG man on campus. I think Coach OZ was just using this program as a quick stepping stone & his heart was not in it. Look at how he would carry himself. :D
The other two Assistant Coaches were on FIRE and were 100% for the program. :)

Hockeybuckeye
04-15-2013, 07:34 PM
+1000 ^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Until AD Gene Smith and the rest of the athletic department make a legitimate committment to the sport of ice hockey, this is the way it is going to be. This one is on Gene Smith. Sad day and sad state of affairs for Buckeye Hockey fans.If OSU would cut Gene Smith's salary back and pay what he's REALLY worth we'd have several million pretty quick to go towards a new rink.

GB Puck Fan
04-15-2013, 07:39 PM
He looked so unhappy

He looks that way from blocking too many pucks as a player!

He is definitely an intense person... but I wouldn't read too much into the facial expression.

I don't think he's headed back to the USHL, but I would take him back here in a minute.