PDA

View Full Version : Rule Change Ideas

Pages : [1] 2 3

goalie heckler
04-14-2013, 11:42 PM
1) Get rid of the ridiculous situation that occurs when the officials and linesmen try to shepherd the offending icing/clearance team from making a change. The officials should take jersey numbers, head to the face-off spot, and if there are any new players on the ice from the offending team when the face-off is to be taken, award a 2-minute Delay of Game minor.

2) Game DQs for contact to the head, boarding, etc. should be reviewed, just like the NBA with flagrant fouls. It seems that there are too many false positives and false negatives, even with four zebras. Unlike the NHL, there just aren't enough games in our season to give game DQs unnecessarily. And, again unlike the NHL, our guys aren't being paid and need to be protected. Let's help the officials and give a little video support.

(Add a 5-minute major for "Too solid of a clean hit to the chest of the puck carrier". Seems this rule has been a point of emphasis nationwide in the last 45 days.) :p

Bonin21
04-14-2013, 11:44 PM
1) Get rid of the ridiculous situation that occurs when the officials and linesmen try to shepherd the offending icing/clearance team from making a change. The officials should take jersey numbers, head to the face-off spot, and if there are any new players on the ice from the offending team when the face-off is to be taken, award a 2-minute Delay of Game minor.
This seems like a less efficient way of doing things. Is one of them going to skate around with a pen and paper always at the ready?

If you mean take down jersey numbers in their heads, that's exactly what they do.

goalie heckler
04-14-2013, 11:49 PM
If you mean take down jersey numbers in their heads, that's exactly what they do.

Then they skate to the bench and argue away. It's embarrassing. Just head to the face off spot and call a Delay of Game when a new player shows up.

ExileOnDaytonStreet
04-15-2013, 12:38 AM
Ban shootouts.

The Rube
04-15-2013, 12:40 AM
Ban shootouts.

All my wins. Right there. I'd rather have every team in every league/conference/level play the "oh so dreaded trap" than have shootouts.

Bonin21
04-15-2013, 12:42 AM
Ban shootouts.
Please help us voice this to the Big Ten.

brassbonanza
04-15-2013, 12:54 AM
Then they skate to the bench and argue away. It's embarrassing. Just head to the face off spot and call a Delay of Game when a new player shows up.

I think the thrust of the argument is just increase the number of delay of game calls for this, that would likely remedy the problem pretty quick when teams start getting called for it. I'd be for it since there's so much time wasted with these ridiculous arguments.

FlagDUDE08
04-15-2013, 07:20 AM
I think the thrust of the argument is just increase the number of delay of game calls for this, that would likely remedy the problem pretty quick when teams start getting called for it. I'd be for it since there's so much time wasted with these ridiculous arguments.

Usually they throw the guy out of the faceoff for that.

FlagDUDE08
04-15-2013, 07:20 AM
Not necessarily a rule change, but how about enforcing the penalty shot when the net is dislodged wtih less than 2 minutes to play or in overtime?

claver2010
04-15-2013, 07:21 AM
Remove the full cages

JB
04-15-2013, 07:40 AM

It would only take a couple of penalties at the beginning of the year and the problem would go away.

During the WISCO-UML tournament game the differences between the teams was shocking. Every icing by UML the trying to switch situation came up, officials would have to go to the bench to sort it out. I don't recall it coming up once with WISCO. The contrast was surprising.

The "trying" to change is as much to give the guys on the ice a short blow as trying to sneak players on the ice. There are a few situation where it is "honest" but most of the time it is a delay of game tactic. From a fan perspective very annoying.

I even saw a team put a wing in the faceoff so when he was (predictably) thrown out the center took the draw.

Tell coaches to start the year it is going to be called. Somebody will push it early and a couple delay of game penalties and the problem will be gone.

duper
04-15-2013, 02:13 PM
I think college hockey should allow tackling.

Craig P.
04-15-2013, 02:22 PM
Ban shootouts.

I like the idea of having the shootout before the game.

Tipsy McStagger
04-15-2013, 04:24 PM
I think college hockey should allow tackling.
WCHA refs agree.

Patman
04-15-2013, 04:53 PM
WCHA refs agree.

Well, they agree when Yale does it.

(They were the better team anyways but that's not the point)

Craig P.
04-15-2013, 05:15 PM
Nobody was calling holding all weekend. I saw two or three easy ones on the boards in front of me.

brassbonanza
04-15-2013, 06:24 PM
Usually they throw the guy out of the faceoff for that.

They do, but that's not fixing the problem, as it's clearly continuing and clearly wasting more and more time.

FlagDUDE08
04-15-2013, 06:34 PM
They do, but that's not fixing the problem, as it's clearly continuing and clearly wasting more and more time.

How about this: First time you intentionally delay the 15 seconds, warning and guy gets thrown out of the faceoff. Every other time, delay of game bench minor penalty.

A Shot and a Goal
04-15-2013, 06:48 PM
If your team is called for an offside entering its attacking zone the opposing team is awarded a first down and gets the ball at halfcourt.

brassbonanza
04-15-2013, 06:49 PM
How about this: First time you intentionally delay the 15 seconds, warning and guy gets thrown out of the faceoff. Every other time, delay of game bench minor penalty.

Works for me.