PDA

View Full Version : Quinnipiac Bobcats offseason: Redemption in Philadelphia 2014

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Larson210
08-31-2013, 01:20 PM
I figured it'd be tough to match what the team did last year, but the more I hear about the confidence of this offense it is making me think big things can happen again. I wouldn't mind seeing a few 5-4 wins. Offense might keep the students in their seats on Saturdays ...

MarkEagleUSA
08-31-2013, 02:27 PM
I figured it'd be tough to match what the team did last year, but the more I hear about the confidence of this offense it is making me think big things can happen again. I wouldn't mind seeing a few 5-4 wins. Offense might keep the students in their seats on Saturdays ...Last season was all about defense. This season will be all about offense. The defense will be stout but not quite as potent. The potential on offense is mind boggling.

Only 5 weeks to go!

sk8tronthepond
09-04-2013, 10:05 AM
http://www.uscho.com/2013/09/04/commentary-the-highlights-and-rankings-from-a-trip-to-13-college-hockey-arenas/

Congrats......#2 in the Northeast!!!

MarkEagleUSA
09-04-2013, 04:27 PM
Congrats......#2 in the Northeast!!!Wow! Second to Lynah is pretty impressive considering all the rinks...

FredDavenport
09-04-2013, 08:15 PM
In addition to a #2 Ranking for the TD Bank Sports Center. Appears the Bobcats are ranked #8 for the incoming recruiting class:

http://overtheboards.net/college-hockey-recruiting-rankings/

MSchvatz44
09-05-2013, 01:21 PM
So how has nobody posted the pictures today of the new scoreboard? C'mon guys, you are better than this. I'm looking at you, Larson. You should be all over the 'Grams being released today.

Photo off of QU SID Ken Sweeten's twitter account:

https://twitter.com/QUSID/status/375646578742005760

MinniQUFan
09-17-2013, 06:53 AM
Hi all!
Word on the street is that QU was pretty good last year. Not 100% sure though... it all goes hazy sometime during double OT against Cornell in March.

I know I could probably do some internet searching and fine this answer but this is easier... does anyone know when single game tickets go on sale? It does not appear that they are yet.

ZYanksRule
09-17-2013, 11:22 AM
Hi all!
Word on the street is that QU was pretty good last year. Not 100% sure though... it all goes hazy sometime during double OT against Cornell in March.

I know I could probably do some internet searching and fine this answer but this is easier... does anyone know when single game tickets go on sale? It does not appear that they are yet.

Don't think they've announced it yet, but I'm sure soon, since the exhibition game is three weeks away.

MinniQUFan
09-17-2013, 12:01 PM
Don't think they've announced it yet, but I'm sure soon, since the exhibition game is three weeks away.

Yeah thought so.
Would like to go to the Lowell game with the crew... so I apologize in advance for the likely loss.

MSchvatz44
09-18-2013, 09:57 PM
Hi all!

Of course I can not find the link for it, but I could've sworn I saw the date Oct. 1 listed for single game tickets a while back. Not sure if that is correct or not. Figure best way to know would just be to call the ticket office directly.

MarkEagleUSA
09-19-2013, 11:38 AM
Tonight is the season ticket holder BBQ... I'll see if I can get an answer for you.

MarkEagleUSA
09-19-2013, 05:34 PM
Ok, I admit I forgot to ask but I'm pretty sure I heard people talking about the 26th or 27th for when tickets go on sale to the public. Calling the box office is certainly the best bet at this point.

The crowd at the BBQ was massive! Biggest I've seen for sure. Lot's of buzz and high expectations for all 4 programs. It's gonna be an incredible season at the Bank!

MSchvatz44
09-19-2013, 11:39 PM
Any chance you tried to peak in and see how the video boards are coming along? I've seen some pictures posted through Facebook and Twitter, but curious if you were able to get a clear look at them.

Also, great to hear a large following at the BBQ! I can't make it to the exhibition game, but you bet I will be making my return to Hamden for the Lowell game (after traveling up to Lowell the night previous of course :D)!

MarkEagleUSA
09-20-2013, 02:09 AM
Any chance you tried to peak in and see how the video boards are coming along? I've seen some pictures posted through Facebook and Twitter, but curious if you were able to get a clear look at them.Didn't do that either. Partly because I want to be surprised; mostly because I forgot to look! :(

I can't make it to the exhibition game, but you bet I will be making my return to Hamden for the Lowell game (after traveling up to Lowell the night previous of course :D)!I'm hoping to make it up to Lowell as well. Look for the new gold! ;)

QUBobcats70
09-20-2013, 11:41 AM
The video boards are much wider and taller than the old ones. They have not been raised yet. I saw Mark at the BBQ; he didn't get a chance to see them because he was spending his time talking and eating.

Most of the members of the menís hockey team were in attendance. As a group the freshman class was extremely engaging and enthusiastic. The coach was on a recruiting trip.

MarkEagleUSA
09-20-2013, 05:42 PM
I saw Mark at the BBQ; he didn't get a chance to see them because he was spending his time talking and eating.I was simply catching up with some old friends that I haven't seen in way too long! ;)

QUAlum2004
09-21-2013, 03:27 PM
The video boards are much wider and taller than the old ones. They have not been raised yet. I saw Mark at the BBQ; he didn't get a chance to see them because he was spending his time talking and eating.

Most of the members of the menís hockey team were in attendance. As a group the freshman class was extremely engaging and enthusiastic. The coach was on a recruiting trip.

Love the fact that Pecknold was on a recruiting trip. Always try to make this program better.

FredDavenport
09-22-2013, 05:41 AM
Some Photos of the BBQ. Largest BBQ crowd ever!

http://athleticsmedia.quinnipiac.edu/athletics/photos/Athletics/ST-BarBQ-2013/index.html

QUAlum2004
09-23-2013, 04:00 PM
Preseason #11 in the USA today hockey poll.

http://www.usahockey.com/page/show/887225-college-hockey

rinkrat91
09-26-2013, 06:44 AM
Any word why Jason Stephanik has left the team? He is listed on the Lincoln Stars roster, USHL.