PDA

View Full Version : Quinnipiac Bobcats offseason: Redemption in Philadelphia 2014

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

MSchvatz44
04-17-2013, 11:43 PM
Garteig was one of the best goaltenders in 2011-12 in the BCHL. In 2011-12, he was 41-4-0 with a 1.93 GAA and a .927 save percentage with five shut-outs…In 2010-11, he was 36-8-3 with a 1.69 GAA and a .934 save percentage with seven shutouts.

I am well aware of Garteig's numbers in the BCHL and am well aware that it very much looks like he is the top dog to replace Hartzell. I just find it interesting that Myers has been so quickly written off by some before even touching the ice.

Side note, he did impress with the save on Rand during the open practice in Pittsburgh... :cool:

Larson210
04-18-2013, 08:31 AM
As folks know I am extremely selfish, but I felt all should know this today.

At Burt Kahn Court they are doing a silent auction for a frozen four jersey. It looks like it is a St. Denis sweater just without the name plate. It has the puck marks and all with the Frozen Four patch. The bidding is currently at 125 and will end at 12:45 today.

I just picked up a Jennifer Maclean home jersey for 30 bucks ... not a bad deal. Someone just beat me to a Kate Wheeler #18 jersey, and no that is not a joke. Evelina Husar away blue is still available though.

Does anyone have any idea what I am talking about anymore?

MSchvatz44
04-18-2013, 03:35 PM
As folks know I am extremely selfish, but I felt all should know this today.

At Burt Kahn Court they are doing a silent auction for a frozen four jersey. It looks like it is a St. Denis sweater just without the name plate. It has the puck marks and all with the Frozen Four patch. The bidding is currently at 125 and will end at 12:45 today.

I just picked up a Jennifer Maclean home jersey for 30 bucks ... not a bad deal. Someone just beat me to a Kate Wheeler #18 jersey, and no that is not a joke. Evelina Husar away blue is still available though.

Does anyone have any idea what I am talking about anymore?

.... Geaux Bobcats

MarkEagleUSA
04-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Does anyone have any idea what I am talking about anymore?We never knew what you were talking about before! :p

Sorry you lost the 24 game-worn.

QUAlum2004
04-19-2013, 07:14 PM
Schedule

Home

Maine
Providence
UMass
Lowell
Merrimack
ECAC schedule

Road

Alaska Anchorage
Alaska Fairbanks
Lowell
Merrimack
Uconn tourney
ECAC schedule

Also forgot to add the home and home with Holy Cross

QUAlum2004
04-20-2013, 08:54 AM
Eric Hartzell named USCHO.com Player of the year

MarkEagleUSA
04-20-2013, 10:20 AM
Hockey banquet tonight. It's going to be tough to say goodbye to this senior class, but the future does look bright.

QUAlum2004
04-20-2013, 01:49 PM
No Hartzell or Dalhusien tonight I imagine at the banquet.

MarkEagleUSA
04-20-2013, 02:02 PM
Dahlsy should be there as he doesn't report to Bridgeport until next season. If Hartzy's not traveling with the Pens he may have been allowed to come to Hamden. I guess we'll know in a couple of hours.

QUAlum2004
04-20-2013, 02:11 PM
Dahlsy should be there as he doesn't report to Bridgeport until next season. If Hartzy's not traveling with the Pens he may have been allowed to come to Hamden. I guess we'll know in a couple of hours.

Hartzell is in Boston I read. He won't be there tonight. He is traveling with the Pens.

MarkEagleUSA
04-20-2013, 08:45 PM
Another season officially over with the banquet tonight. As usual, a fantastic event with tons of accolades from Lahey and McDonald. Currie's captain's speech was great and inspiring for the underclassmen. A common theme among all who spoke was thanks to the fans.

The highlight of the evening is always the awards and this year's winners are:

Most Valuable Player: Eric Hartzell

Rookie of the Year: Travis St. Denis

Coaches Award: Kevin Bui (Kevin received a well deserved standing ovation, as well as a chant of "Bui, Bui", when this was announced)

7th Player Award: Clay Harvey and Dan Federico

Academic Award: Zach Davies

Captains for next year were not announced because they haven't been chosen yet. Rand said they would try to get that done this week and it will be posted on the web site.

Next year's schedule features 7 games against Hockey East with Providence, UMass, and Maine coming to the Bank. In addition, there will be home and home's with UML and Merrimack. The season opens in Alaska with a game each against Anchorage and Fairbanks, and we'll be playing in the UConn tourney over the Christmas break. A home and home with Holy Cross is scheduled with the Saturday game being a 4:00 contest on Parent's Weekend. Rand mentioned there were still a couple of open dates to be filled.

As expected, Hartzell was not in attendance but everyone else was there. It was tough to say goodbye to all the seniors but Rand was very optimistic about next year's recruits. Plus, he thinks the returning group of kids will be better for the experiences of this season.

Kudos to Al and Lori for another fantastic night to honor the team that gave us so many memories this year. Just shy of 200 people attended making it the largest banquet turnout by far.

MarkEagleUSA
04-21-2013, 12:52 PM
Captains for next year were not announced because they haven't been chosen yet. Rand said they would try to get that done this week and it will be posted on the web site.Any speculation on who will wear the "C" and "A" next year? I think Hibbeler will take the "C" and the Jones' will keep the "A's". Or, I guess there's the possibility that all 3 will be sporting "C's" as tri-captains. I'd also expect to see a junior (next year) given an "A" in preparation for 2014-15... possibly someone like Federico.

MSchvatz44
04-21-2013, 11:12 PM
Any speculation on who will wear the "C" and "A" next year? I think Hibbeler will take the "C" and the Jones' will keep the "A's". Or, I guess there's the possibility that all 3 will be sporting "C's" as tri-captains. I'd also expect to see a junior (next year) given an "A" in preparation for 2014-15... possibly someone like Federico.

^ This. I have assumed for a while now that Hibbeler is the natural choice for the captain. Not sure if I can see them going with 3 captains (including the Jones twins), but then again who knows. I love the idea of giving Federico a "C," also, makes a lot of sense.

FlagDUDE08
04-22-2013, 08:45 AM
Also forgot to add the home and home with Holy Cross

That'd give you one remaining non-conference game, assuming either Maine, Providence, or UMA isn't a two game series (Maine might be). And if you're counting UMA as part of the UCONN tourney, two games remain.

MinniQUFan
04-22-2013, 10:11 AM
Another season officially over with the banquet tonight. As usual, a fantastic event with tons of accolades from Lahey and McDonald. Currie's captain's speech was great and inspiring for the underclassmen. A common theme among all who spoke was thanks to the fans.

The highlight of the evening is always the awards and this year's winners are:

Most Valuable Player: Eric Hartzell

Rookie of the Year: Travis St. Denis

Coaches Award: Kevin Bui (Kevin received a well deserved standing ovation, as well as a chant of "Bui, Bui", when this was announced)

7th Player Award: Clay Harvey and Dan Federico

Academic Award: Zach Davies

Captains for next year were not announced because they haven't been chosen yet. Rand said they would try to get that done this week and it will be posted on the web site.

Next year's schedule features 7 games against Hockey East with Providence, UMass, and Maine coming to the Bank. In addition, there will be home and home's with UML and Merrimack. The season opens in Alaska with a game each against Anchorage and Fairbanks, and we'll be playing in the UConn tourney over the Christmas break. A home and home with Holy Cross is scheduled with the Saturday game being a 4:00 contest on Parent's Weekend. Rand mentioned there were still a couple of open dates to be filled.

As expected, Hartzell was not in attendance but everyone else was there. It was tough to say goodbye to all the seniors but Rand was very optimistic about next year's recruits. Plus, he thinks the returning group of kids will be better for the experiences of this season.

Kudos to Al and Lori for another fantastic night to honor the team that gave us so many memories this year. Just shy of 200 people attended making it the largest banquet turnout by far.

As always, thanks for the recap of the banquet Mark! I remember going to the banquets back when they were at Eli's.

QUAlum2004
04-22-2013, 01:27 PM
That'd give you one remaining non-conference game, assuming either Maine, Providence, or UMA isn't a two game series (Maine might be). And if you're counting UMA as part of the UCONN tourney, two games remain.

Maine, Providence and UMass Amherst are single games. I think they are trying to get a single game with Bentley to fill the schedule.

ZYanksRule
04-22-2013, 01:49 PM
Eric Hartzell will dress as the backup goaltender tonight for the Penguins!

First Quinnipiac player to ever dress for an NHL game.

MarkEagleUSA
04-22-2013, 03:29 PM

First Quinnipiac player to ever dress for an NHL game.This. Is. Awesome! :cool:

QUAlum2004
04-22-2013, 03:47 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIeaXpeCcAA9nE4.jpg

QUAlum2004
04-22-2013, 03:48 PM

First Quinnipiac player to ever dress for an NHL game.

Let's hope the Senators bomb Vokoun so Hartzell gets into the game.