• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about Hobey Baker bias, will ECAC ,Hockey East ever win

Well can count on my left hand ,the amount of winners from the east, why

Re: How about Hobey Baker bias, will ECAC ,Hockey East ever win

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
    You went to a good school that taught you how to count the fingers on your left hand?
    "My greatest achievement."
    Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Hobey Baker Memorial Award Foundation
      13033 Ridgedale Drive
      PMB #195
      Minnetonka, MN 55305
      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
        Hobey Baker Memorial Award Foundation
        13033 Ridgedale Drive
        PMB #195
        Minnetonka, MN 55305
        So what you're saying is the Hobey might make it as far east as State College, PA soon...

Comment

Originally posted by bunt_q View Post
          So what you're saying is the Hobey might make it as far east as State College, PA soon...
          Yes.
          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

I don't think it was bias at all this year. I'm not sure about other years but as far as this one, it seems fair that Drew Leblanc won it for several reasons. He is very well in his academics being a math teacher, led st.cloud to their first regular season champions, led them to their first regional championship, and to their first frozen four. He made freshmen on his line achieve huge numbers in goals. Also the whole deal with him being a senior and the story behind him breaking his leg and having this type of a season is pretty special. Johnny wasnt gonna win it because he is young and will have a few more years to get it, and hartzell sadly has an even more difficult time winning it being that he is a goalie.

As far as other years, I can feel for you and understand the frustration with the amount of hobey bakers the east conference has recieved that is a bit annoying. At least you guys get two teams from your conference in the championship game though, I mean that's pretty sick. National championship is much more important than hobey baker, at least those are my feelings. Good luck to both teams today and may the best team win

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU red army View Post
              Johnny wasnt gonna win it because he is young and will have a few more years to get it
              Solid argument

Comment

There are more teams in the east so shouldn't they win? Your leagues should be looking at your coaches in your leagues. Since they are the ones that vote after all.

But we all know the real reason is that the WCHA is the best league in college hockey. And only the best players from that league are going to win.
                Last edited by Biddco; 04-13-2013, 04:22 PM.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

They definitely shouldn't win solely on just having more teams. Anyways though the WCHA will split next year and everything is going to b different so I guess we will all have to see how things will change in the coming years. I still do think Johnny will pick up the award before he graduates if he has this type of year again. I'm sure that pushed the committee to not give it him this year just by the fact that it'd b kinda weird to award someone that award and then they r even better the following year haha. Still really curious on how everything will b next year

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    There are more teams in the east so shouldn't they win? Your leagues should be looking at your coaches in your leagues. Since they are the ones that vote after all.

But we all know the real reason is that the WCHA is the best league in college hockey. And only the best players from that league are going to win.
                    The "best league in college hockey" just saw its top three teams lose to the EZAC by a combined score of 11-4.

Oh, and another WCHA team, Wisconsin, was murdered by UMass-Lowell (of the Hockey East). What, exactly, do you have to support your contention that the WCHA is a better conference?

Comment

I'm just pleased the Twin Ports has produced back to back Hobey winners.
                      Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Hahaha this forum just cracks me up. Everyone is always so defensive. E.L.E come on!

Comment

O and I second that statement UMD

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                            What, exactly, do you have to support your contention that the WCHA is a better conference?
                            Total titles won?

Comment

The hockey skill is obviously pretty balanced. I'm guessing it's academics that's given the west it's advantage.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                              X