View Full Version : How about Hobey Baker bias, will ECAC ,Hockey East ever win

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

unh1982
04-12-2013, 10:03 PM
Well can count on my left hand ,the amount of winners from the east, why

darker98
04-12-2013, 10:06 PM
You went to a good school that taught you how to count the fingers on your left hand?

4four4
04-12-2013, 10:21 PM

Hobey Baker Memorial Award Foundation
13033 Ridgedale Drive
PMB #195
Minnetonka, MN 55305

bunt_q
04-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Hobey Baker Memorial Award Foundation
13033 Ridgedale Drive
PMB #195
Minnetonka, MN 55305

So what you're saying is the Hobey might make it as far east as State College, PA soon...

4four4
04-12-2013, 10:33 PM
So what you're saying is the Hobey might make it as far east as State College, PA soon...

Yes.

SCSU red army
04-13-2013, 04:05 PM
I don't think it was bias at all this year. I'm not sure about other years but as far as this one, it seems fair that Drew Leblanc won it for several reasons. He is very well in his academics being a math teacher, led st.cloud to their first regular season champions, led them to their first regional championship, and to their first frozen four. He made freshmen on his line achieve huge numbers in goals. Also the whole deal with him being a senior and the story behind him breaking his leg and having this type of a season is pretty special. Johnny wasnt gonna win it because he is young and will have a few more years to get it, and hartzell sadly has an even more difficult time winning it being that he is a goalie.

As far as other years, I can feel for you and understand the frustration with the amount of hobey bakers the east conference has recieved that is a bit annoying. At least you guys get two teams from your conference in the championship game though, I mean that's pretty sick. National championship is much more important than hobey baker, at least those are my feelings. Good luck to both teams today and may the best team win

claver2010
04-13-2013, 05:12 PM
Johnny wasnt gonna win it because he is young and will have a few more years to get it

Solid argument

Biddco
04-13-2013, 05:14 PM
There are more teams in the east so shouldn't they win? Your leagues should be looking at your coaches in your leagues. Since they are the ones that vote after all.

But we all know the real reason is that the WCHA is the best league in college hockey. And only the best players from that league are going to win. :D ;)

SCSU red army
04-13-2013, 05:29 PM
They definitely shouldn't win solely on just having more teams. Anyways though the WCHA will split next year and everything is going to b different so I guess we will all have to see how things will change in the coming years. I still do think Johnny will pick up the award before he graduates if he has this type of year again. I'm sure that pushed the committee to not give it him this year just by the fact that it'd b kinda weird to award someone that award and then they r even better the following year haha. Still really curious on how everything will b next year

kdiff77
04-13-2013, 05:31 PM
There are more teams in the east so shouldn't they win? Your leagues should be looking at your coaches in your leagues. Since they are the ones that vote after all.

But we all know the real reason is that the WCHA is the best league in college hockey. And only the best players from that league are going to win. :D ;)

The "best league in college hockey" just saw its top three teams lose to the EZAC by a combined score of 11-4.

Oh, and another WCHA team, Wisconsin, was murdered by UMass-Lowell (of the Hockey East). What, exactly, do you have to support your contention that the WCHA is a better conference?

UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
04-13-2013, 05:53 PM
I'm just pleased the Twin Ports has produced back to back Hobey winners.

SCSU red army
04-13-2013, 05:57 PM
Hahaha this forum just cracks me up. Everyone is always so defensive. E.L.E come on!

SCSU red army
04-13-2013, 05:59 PM
O and I second that statement UMD ;)

Slap Shot
04-13-2013, 06:16 PM
What, exactly, do you have to support your contention that the WCHA is a better conference?

Total titles won?

SJHovey
04-13-2013, 06:37 PM
The hockey skill is obviously pretty balanced. I'm guessing it's academics that's given the west it's advantage.

Happy
04-13-2013, 07:02 PM
The "best league in college hockey" just saw its top three teams lose to the EZAC by a combined score of 11-4.

Oh, and another WCHA team, Wisconsin, was murdered by UMass-Lowell (of the Hockey East). What, exactly, do you have to support your contention that the WCHA is a better conference?

most hobey's, most national championships, most nhl players,

kdiff77
04-13-2013, 07:42 PM
Right, but THIS YEAR, what evidence is there that the WCHA is a better conference? More eliminated teams?

SCSU Euro
04-13-2013, 08:20 PM
Right, but THIS YEAR, what evidence is there that the WCHA is a better conference? More eliminated teams?

"Yep, 'cause in a one-game format, the title winner always = best team" - '07-'08 New York Giants

Jon
04-13-2013, 08:48 PM
When will the WCHA fans realize that no one cares about their "history"? Kneel before your ECAC overlords!!!

Happy
04-13-2013, 09:36 PM

well, for one thing, very few care about the ecac. if you go to the score thread for the NC game, less people were looking at it than a regular season wcha game.