• Show
Clear All

Re: North Dakota Offseason Thread

Ryan Norman > Shane Gersich

Got to love payback.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
      Don has a good gig he doesn't need to leave on the other hand Guentzel's itching to find a quality head coaching gig.
      I was wondering why he wasn't seriously considered by Denver, I think he would make a heluva good head coach.
      "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
      Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
      The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
      Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
        Apparently Hakstol is one of the top NHL coaching prospects. Does anyone have espn insider that could paste the full article to the thread?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/blog/...-coaching-talk
        Here is the part concerning Hakstol:

Top college coach candidate

Dave Hakstol, North Dakota -- He runs the powerhouse North Dakota college hockey program, one that continues to pump out NHL players such as Jonathan Toews, T.J. Oshie, Travis Zajac, Drew Stafford and Matt Greene.

"This guy is really intelligent," said one NHL source. "I think he's got a pro mind."

Hakstol signed a six-year contract in 2012 that would keep him behind the bench in North Dakota through 2017-18 and said his focus is on sustaining his success there.

"I have a high level of respect for the guys who are able to produce successful and sustainable results at the NHL level. At some point in my career if I was able to earn an opportunity to work with a good organization, it would be a consideration," Hakstol wrote in an email on Monday when asked whether he has NHL interest. "All that being said, I don't spend much time thinking about hypotheticals. I feel like our entire staff has been around the game long enough to have a real appreciation for what we have here and has a commitment to producing that long-term success and sustainability at UND."
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
          Here is the part concerning Hakstol:

Top college coach candidate

Dave Hakstol, North Dakota -- He runs the powerhouse North Dakota college hockey program, one that continues to pump out NHL players such as Jonathan Toews, T.J. Oshie, Travis Zajac, Drew Stafford and Matt Greene.

"This guy is really intelligent," said one NHL source. "I think he's got a pro mind."

Hakstol signed a six-year contract in 2012 that would keep him behind the bench in North Dakota through 2017-18 and said his focus is on sustaining his success there.

"I have a high level of respect for the guys who are able to produce successful and sustainable results at the NHL level. At some point in my career if I was able to earn an opportunity to work with a good organization, it would be a consideration," Hakstol wrote in an email on Monday when asked whether he has NHL interest. "All that being said, I don't spend much time thinking about hypotheticals. I feel like our entire staff has been around the game long enough to have a real appreciation for what we have here and has a commitment to producing that long-term success and sustainability at UND."
          Thanks Tippsy.
          "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
          Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
            Ryan Norman > Shane Gersich

Got to love payback.
            Haha!!

It's cute the Gophers finally got a 1996 born forward to commit.

Edit: I didn't check his birth year, but I'm told that's about his grouping.
            Last edited by sfo19; 05-23-2013, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
              Haha!!

It's cute the Gophers finally got a 1996 born forward to commit.

Edit: I didn't check his birth year, but I'm told that's about his grouping.
              Have fun with your class of 13' freshman. Your best player Ladue in the group only had nice numbers because he is 20 and playing against 16 year olds in the USHL.
              Gophs on the other hand have blue chip freshaman recruits tripping over each other on the way into Mariucci this fall.
              You should feel very lucky Lucia wouldn't schedule you because of your Whioux nickname for the next 4 years. Because our 13' class will dominate college hockey the next 3 years.

Comment

Have fun with your class of 13' freshman. Your best player Ladue in the group only had nice numbers because he is 20 and playing against 16 year olds in the USHL.
                Gophs on the other hand have blue chip freshaman recruits tripping over each other on the way into Mariucci this fall.
                You should feel very lucky Lucia wouldn't schedule you because of your Whioux nickname for the next 4 years. Because our 13' class will dominate college hockey the next 3 years.
                If they are tripping over each other while walking into the arena, it doesn't bode well for their balance once they get on the ice. Perhaps Donny should invest in some chairs for the freshies so they'll be able to stay upright?
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Just like the Gophers were supposed to dominate last year?
                  Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                  We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Just like Jan Brady. At least the team we lost to won the whole thing. Seriously how does Quinnipiac smoke a WCHA team that bad? #Sad#Implosion#

p.s. Everyone knows Leblanc was the weakest Hobey winner since Elf boy Duncan. (Even Patrick White could have won a hobey collecting assists off Toews and Oshie)
                    Leblanc shouldn't have even been first team WCHA.

Much better first team All WCHA
                    Kristo
                    Haula
                    Walters

Comment

Just like Jan Brady.
                      What does that even mean?
                      At least the team we lost to won the whole thing.
                      Well, that is something to hang your hat on when you are the #2 seed in the tournament and lose to #15. SCSU will just have to settle for winning two games and making the Frozen Four.
                      Seriously how does Quinnipiac smoke a WCHA team that bad? #Sad#Implosion#
                      Considering four WCHA teams lost in the first round (your Golden Gophers being one of them), how can you "Seriously" ask that question? Cool hashtags, if I click on them will I be taken to a thread where they talk about the game where the Gophers got destroyed last year by BC 6-1 at the Frozen 4 and then decided to cheap shot BC because they were getting embarrassed so badly?
                      p.s. Everyone knows Leblanc was the weakest Hobey winner since Elf boy Duncan. (Even Patrick White could have won a hobey collecting assists off Toews and Oshie)
                      Thanks for bringing up Patrick White to bolster your argument, another highly touted recruit for the U of M. No way could this incoming class disappoint.
                      Leblanc shouldn't have even been first team WCHA.

Much better first team All WCHA
                      Kristo
                      Haula
                      Walters
                      So your argument against the Gophers being disappointing is that Minnesota lost to the National Champion in the first round, SCSU lost in the frozen four to Quinnipiac, and that LeBlanc was a weak Hobey winner?

http://www.myteespot.com/images/Images_d/d_8075.jpg

Comment

5 is greater than none. This is a Sioux thread after all.

Comment

Gophers got destroyed last year by BC 6-1 at the Frozen 4 and then decided to cheap shot BC because they were getting embarrassed so badly?

Yea because you can almost compare the 2012 BC team to the 2013 Quinnipiac squad.
                          I know you live in St Cloud but save the Moon Shine for the weekends.

Comment

Happy Thursday from Dinky Town!!!

*****http://coloradopols.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/clown-car-300x199.png******
                            Yeah that's more like it.

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                              Yeah that's more like it.
                              I've always been curious. Is it leagal in North Dakota to use that "Red tax free Farm Diesel gas" when driving your date home from the bar?
                              Follow up question. If so, can she ride up in the front seat assuming she fits or does she have to ride in the box?

Comment

I've always been curious. Is it leagal in North Dakota to use that "Red tax free Farm Diesel gas" when driving your date home from the bar?
                                Follow up question. If so, can she ride up in the front seat assuming she fits or does she have to ride in the box?
                                My vehicle requires premium unleaded but I know a lot of people that use diesel from the well sites so I can't answer your question without speculating. I am curious since we are talking states and big boxes if Michele Bachmann has left yet since she said:
                                "The Bible is very clear on this issue. Homosexuality is a sin, and God will punish communities that support it. Sodom and Gomorrah thought they could defy the will of God, and we all know what happened to them. If the governor signs this legislation into law the Minneapolis-St. Paul region will be next. I have a friend from Eden Prairie who's already packed everything she owns into her car and is driving out to Montana as we speak. These are very scary times. I don't want my family to be the last ones out."
                                Elected by the people and for the people, what a great voice to represent your state. Hee-haw.

Comment

Working...
                                X