Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: North Dakota Offseason Thread

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    Nope. Coach Yeo, college coaches don't hold a candle to NHL coaches.
    Coach Yeo? Now that made me spit my beer out.
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this. Think anyone in the QMJHL is making a call to see if they can somehow send him to North Dakota after all?

Devils first-rounder Stefan Matteau reportedly quits B-B Armada, travels home on fan bus

Details are slowly being filled in, but Stéphane Leroux (@StephRDSJunior) of Réseau des sports (RDS) is reporting that Matteau has quit the Armada, who are down 2-0 in to Baie-Comeau in a QMJHL semifinal series.
      Both RDS and QMI Agency states that the 19-year-old Matteau did not even take the team bus home after being benched during the third period on Saturday.
      Is the awkwardness doubled, trebled or quadrupled since the forward's father, former NHLer Stéphane Matteau, is a member of the Armada's coaching staff?

Comment

Originally posted by slowe View Post
        Thought you guys might get a kick out of this. Think anyone in the QMJHL is making a call to see if they can somehow send him to North Dakota after all?

Devils first-rounder Stefan Matteau reportedly quits B-B Armada, travels home on fan bus
        Out of all of the recent defections from NoDak's committed recruits, Matteau was not missed for long. If you took a poll on SS.com you would find the same I think. Kid has had quite a few issues.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
          Out of all of the recent defections from NoDak's committed recruits, Matteau was not missed for long. If you took a poll on SS.com you would find the same I think. Kid has had quite a few issues.
          I got to see him play quite a bit in the WJC and a couple NHL games, and he seemed like an undisciplined bruiser. I don't know a single thing about his attitude or personality (other than these preliminary reports of him quitting), but I definitely wouldn't mind getting/having another bruiser this year (12-13) or next year (13-14). You're right though, I'd definitely rather have J.T. Miller 100% of the time at this point. Sounds like this guy will have a long road of growing up to do before he really can prove himself.
          Last edited by PhatKroger10; 04-23-2013, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PhatKroger10 View Post
            I got to see him play quite a bit in the WJC and a couple NHL games, and he seemed like an undisciplined bruiser. I don't know a single thing about his attitude or personality (other than these preliminary reports of him quitting), but I definitely wouldn't mind getting/having another bruiser this year (12-13) or next year (13-14). You're right though, I'd definitely rather have J.T. Miller 100% of the time at this point. Sounds like this guy will have a long road of growing up to do before he really can prove himself.
            Matteau is a cheap hack and him decommiting was nothing but a blessing. He gave St Clair a concussion in the USHL, and has served a lot of multi-game suspensions for cheap shots in both the Q and USHL. There's a difference between being a tad undisciplined and being a thug. Couldn't be happier he didn't show up.

Comment

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
              Matteau is a cheap hack and him decommiting was nothing but a blessing. He gave St Clair a concussion in the USHL, and has served a lot of multi-game suspensions for cheap shots in both the Q and USHL. There's a difference between being a tad undisciplined and being a thug. Couldn't be happier he didn't show up.
              So New Jersey spent a first rounder on an enforcer?

From what I've read, glad he passed on UND.
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by slowe View Post

I'll have to disagree with some of our fans on this one. This story doesn't give me any particular glee or happiness. More than anything I feel disappointment.

The kid obviously has some talent, and maybe even an NHL future ahead of him. He's young. He just needs to do some growing up.

Putting him in the Canadian juniors, and giving him an early shot at the NHL were obviously not the correct steps. You wish someone could have stepped in and given him some good advice.

He probably could have benefited from heading west to North Dakota, taking on the discipline of a college course of study and foregoing the early cup of coffee in the NHL. He would have seen plenty of playing time, and would have had a chance to grow up. Meanwhile, UND would have received the benefit of a talented recruit. It really seems like a "lose, lose" situation to me.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Wow - UND players getting punished is now so de rigueur that this gets no mentions for 48+ hours?

/pot stirring
                  If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                    ...Minneapolis comes to mind.
                    York lives in watertown, ma

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                      Wow - UND players getting punished is now so de rigueur that this gets no mentions for 48+ hours?

/pot stirring
                      Didn't even get the Bad Boyz thread going. But really, 2 of the 4 were involved in the September incident--slow learners?
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

/pot stirring
                        College kids drinking? No way...
                        AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                          College kids drinking? No way...
                          Because all people who drink in college get in trouble with the cops multiple times.
                          Originally posted by SJHovey
                          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                          Originally posted by Brenthoven
                          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                            Because all people who drink in college get in trouble with the cops multiple times.
                            It's not like it's an assault charge? Two minors. The majority of people without minors just didn't get caught. Plain and simple.
                            AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                              It's not like it's an assault charge? Two minors. The majority of people without minors just didn't get caught. Plain and simple.
                              I agree that the majority of people without minors just didn't get caught. But I think that when people get minors, they are doing stupid stuff that draws attention to themselves and then the police get involved. It isn't just drinking. I drank 3-5 nights a week in college and didn't turn 21 until the summer after my junior year. Never got a minor.
                              Originally posted by SJHovey
                              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                              Originally posted by Brenthoven
                              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

A minor getting caught with booze the first time is one thing--getting caught the second time is not just a minor in possession, it's a stupid minor in possession. And when one of those present gets a noise ordinance citation, it's a real stupid minor in possession.
                                Last edited by burd; 04-29-2013, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X