For ECAC fans only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For ECAC fans only

So who do you like? I'm assuming the other 5 Ivies have Ivy solidarity, but I really don't know how the other NY schools feel. I'm trying to restrict this to ECAC fans only. If your first reaction is EZAC, start your own "who cares" thread.
    BTW: my personal feeling -- if you lose to a team 4 times, you've got nothing to complain about. But if you can only win one, make it the Big One.

Re: For ECAC fans only

From fourth place in the EZAC championship to number one in the nation. I see the Elis from Yale winning on Saturday.
    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Yale since RPI defeated them twice by a combined 10-2 score. (That's whom I am rooting for, although I wouldn't be surprised if QU wins.)
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
        So who do you like? I'm assuming the other 5 Ivies have Ivy solidarity, but I really don't know how the other NY schools feel. I'm trying to restrict this to ECAC fans only. If your first reaction is EZAC, start your own "who cares" thread.
        BTW: my personal feeling -- if you lose to a team 4 times, you've got nothing to complain about. But if you can only win one, make it the Big One.
        As I posted on Yale blog, with exception of first 10 minutes of first matchup, QU has absolutely dominated Yale. Anyone who thinks Yale will win is either basing this entirely on recent NCAA tourney games (and not on the prior three matchups) or they are blinded by 'light and truth'..... consider me one of the latter.
        -------------
        Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Quinnipiac
          Let's Go Red!

Comment

I'm not an ECAC fan, but a certain Hockey East team faced the same situation in 2006 and got smoked. Don't count Yale out.
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

In the case of Quinnipiac, I'm rooting for the non-ivy. I would in the case of Colgate, and probably also St. Lawrence. The other two, no way.

Comment

I think Yale is peaking and their performance yesterday was more impressive though the score didn't indicate that. Just happy for the ECAC and looking forward to a very exciting game. Good luck to fans of both. Will be a night to remember.

Comment

So who do you like? I'm assuming the other 5 Ivies have Ivy solidarity
                  Absolutely not! Go Bobcats!

I actually like this Yale team a whole bunch, but I just can't stand the name on the front of the sweater and Allain has always rubbed me the wrong way (and has consistently yawned at the existence of my team). I'm not a huge fan of the Quinnipiac players, but I like the school and some of the fans are real class acts (this is also true for several Yale fans, of course).

I feel as though Brown is more in direct competition with Yale; both are Ivy League schools, travel partners, and have historically been pretty similar. Quinnipiac is just some other school in our conference for one sport. We see Yale in every sport and compete with them for recruits and academics.

Love the way these Elis play, but I'd much rather see a banner hoisted in Hamden.

Comment

I don't have strong feelings one way or the other. I'll be happy for either one.

Part of me wants to see Qp win because it would have more significance for the school. Ylae has plenty of other things going for it too. Their football program has sent several prominent athletes into pro football, for example (Calvin Hill, Gary Fencik), and the Doonesbury character BD was modeled after their quarterback Brian Dowling.

On the other hand, to second Papa Baer, since Rensselaer beat Ylae twice this year, I wouldn't mind if Ylae won either.
                    Last edited by FreshFish; 04-12-2013, 03:54 PM.
                    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

I'm assuming the other 5 Ivies have Ivy solidarity
                      Given that in other sports the Ivies have some pretty fierce rivalries, I'd expect it more to be the opposite (who can ever forget "Harvard beats Yale 29 - 29 !" even non-Ivy outlets played that one up! I was just a kid when that happened and still remember it making all the news stories at the time. ESPN rated it # 9 in all-time college football games). Harvard folks have a scurrilous song about Yale students, section men, etc. for example that shows how much they dislike each other.
                      Last edited by FreshFish; 04-12-2013, 03:52 PM.
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Totally conflicted. Other than the boys from across the river there are probably no two ECAC teams I would prefer less to see win it. I don't care for Allain or Pecknold at all but I like the way Yale plays and we did handle them with ease at AC. I think Qpac plays a nasty and at times dirty style but agree that their fans are a good bunch. I guess I will hold my nose and go with Yale, FWIW.

So far as the game is concerned I give the huge edge to Hartzell over Malcolm and that could be enough. First goal sets the tone so whoever gets it wins.

Comment

If Q wins then we don't have to hear the IVY school people crowing about an IVY league team winning (and not an ECAC team). If Yale wins then we do, however it could be just what is needed for the IVY schools to start thinking about their own league again. And then we can re-merge with HE to form the new ECAC - only we can call the two divisions ECAC Hockey West and ECAC Hockey East with each division getting an autobid.

I'm going with the younger kids. Yale. And Q (Hartzell) for the Hobey.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                            If Q wins then we don't have to hear the IVY school people crowing about an IVY league team winning (and not an ECAC team). If Yale wins then we do, however it could be just what is needed for the IVY schools to start thinking about their own league again. And then we can re-merge with HE to form the new ECAC - only we can call the two divisions ECAC Hockey West and ECAC Hockey East with each division getting an autobid.

You know...at first I was going to comment and say how dumb a split would be...but I kind of like it! If Penn added a team (extremely doubtful), we could have a nice little 7-team conference with four games against each opponent in league play. Most of our non conference opponents could be former ECAC teams, meaning we can stop scheduling AHA opponents. Speaking from Brown's perspective, at least, attendance is generally higher for Ivy opponents than for the other ECAC teams.

I love our league as it is, but I wouldn't be entirely opposed to an Ivy League hockey conference...not that it would ever happen, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post

Why would HE have any interest in the 6 non-Ivies of the ECAC? I don't see that happening. Nor do I see the Ivies splitting off, regardless of what happens tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X