Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell Offseason Thread '13: In Norm We Trust

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    Ex-Lowell (and Maine) Coach Whitehead hired on at Kimball Union.
    Can't wait to read the Kimball Union message boards...fire Timmay! lol
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
      Concern anyone it said he was a student?
      Possibly... but it may be more reflective that school was in session.

edit: I'm surprised the owner went at it... I'm sorry, don't most bars have bouncers?

Now, here's a bigger question... was any of our guys messing with the jukebox? Was the jukebox thing a separate incident altogether?
      Last edited by Patman; 06-20-2013, 10:55 PM.
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
        Possibly... but it may be more reflective that school was in session.

edit: I'm surprised the owner went at it... I'm sorry, don't most bars have bouncers?

Now, here's a bigger question... was any of our guys messing with the jukebox? Was the jukebox thing a separate incident altogether?
        I've spoken with two sources regarding this issue tonight.

1) Josh Holmstrom is still a student at UML and still on hockey team. The reporter saying "was a student" was a typo.

2) No evidence any hockey player including Holmstrom conducted themselves in any way outside of the usual college students at a bar.

3) Bar and the bar owner have had prior run ins with alcohol commission, etc.
        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post

Not too long ago, the owner was cited for allowing entry and then serving underage patrons.

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
            I've spoken with two sources regarding this issue tonight.

1) Josh Holmstrom is still a student at UML and still on hockey team. The reporter saying "was a student" was a typo.

2) No evidence any hockey player including Holmstrom conducted themselves in any way outside of the usual college students at a bar.

I understand number 2. Just going over possibilities.

Either way this guy sounds unstable.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

joseph gambardella ‏@DJgamz5 1m
              Just found out I get to wear number 5 at Umass Lowell! Can't wait to get there #Riverhawks#sosiked
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                joseph gambardella ‏@DJgamz5 1m
                Just found out I get to wear number 5 at Umass Lowell! Can't wait to get there #Riverhawks#sosiked
                So that should confirm that Derek McCoy is no longer on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by fr0zn-4 View Post
                  So that should confirm that Derek McCoy is no longer on the team.
                  It's possible that is number just changed, but I wouldn't be surprised if you're right.
                  Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by pressbox View Post
                    Here are a couple of businesses to avoid in the future.

http://www.lowellsun.com/vervebreaki...harged-assault
                    Worst two bars in downtown.

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
                      good to know. Wouldn't mind hanging out in lowell someday... honestly never did it... didn't drink until 23.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
                        I saw this piece in today's Sun. It sounds like this was an organized event by the school?

FINN'S PUB owner Kevin Hayhurst is facing criminal charges and his bar is in hot water with the city License Commission due to a May 4 incident in which Hayhurst allegedly punched and kicked a UMass Lowell student during the UMass Lowell Senior Pub Crawl.

The incident at Finns was just the first of several on the night of the crawl where several hundred students took part.

At least a dozen police officers responded to Finns at 7:15 p.m. after dispatchers got a report that someone tried to tear a jukebox off the wall.

Several dozen students, including a young man with an ice pack on his eye, talked to police outside Finns as the incident was calmed.

One girl in a pub crawl T-shirt drew the ire of Police Sgt. Mickey O'Keefe, an erstwhile movie star, because she refused to move along as police tried to restore order. The girl, who was not arrested, ignored O'Keefe's shouts and said she was smoking a cigarette when the veteran sergeant told her to move along.

Within 45 minutes, police were also called to Garcia Brogans on Middlesex Street when students taking part in the pub crawl allegedly caused a disturbance there too. And within minutes of that call police were also called to Crown on Middlesex Street for a report of another disturbance caused by intoxicated students.

Police ended up pulling several patrols cars off their regular patrol routes and dedicating them to monitoring the students in the public crawl.

A city police commander also called UMass Lowell police and asked them to help keep students in line, which drew several UMass Lowell officers into downtown.
                        http://www.lowellsun.com/news/ci_235...grows-backlash

Comment

I've spoken with someone at the university regarding this matter. It wasn't sponsored by the school, but organized through facebook, tradition passed on, etc to have a pub crawl to celebrate graduating. As a recent college graduate, I can tell you most schools have it during senior week.
                          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                            I've spoken with someone at the university regarding this matter. It wasn't sponsored by the school, but organized through facebook, tradition passed on, etc to have a pub crawl to celebrate graduating. As a recent college graduate, I can tell you most schools have it during senior week.
                            Thanks, I didn't think the school would be involved.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                              Thanks, I didn't think the school would be involved.
                              Yeah, they'd never sponsor this.

But this is just the norm around the country, every school has it's own tradition...
                              Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                                Yeah, they'd never sponsor this.

But this is just the norm around the country, every school has it's own tradition...
                                Yeah, I don't see a problem with this per se.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Working...
                                X