Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell Offseason Thread '13: In Norm We Trust

Originally posted by UMLHockey224 View Post
    Oh and also NEVER compare us to BC fans... Unless its a former alumni who writes on this forum... We want to be different than them
    and what would the reason why you don't want to be compared with BC fans? I'm not here to flame just to ask what you meant because I'm a BC alum and fan (of course)

Comment

• Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
      Truth isn't garbage, son. Don't let facts cloud your opinion. Many of your fans were embarrassing and several made fools of themselves and your school. I know this may come as a shock, but the reason why it took a week to post was I live a normal life that, unlike you, does not revolve around a message board.
      What facts?
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Ignore the guy. He's still waiting to be right on one of his proclamations about Lowell. Have we lost to Miami yet?
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I am with Monty. Don't feed the troll. This could go on for pages with him saying obnoxious things and everyone trying to refute what we all know is just one person's delusion. Ignore is a wonderful option (makes the thread sig easier to keep up with )

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLHockey224 View Post
            Oh and also NEVER compare us to BC fans...We want to be different than them
            Don't worry, you are. BTW, what is a "former alumni"?
            Originally posted by mookie1995
            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

I don't think this has been posted yet: http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_2...sketball-coach
              UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

Apparently no one is 'in the running' yet so guessing this was more of a gambit to get him noticed.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  Apparently no one is 'in the running' yet so guessing this was more of a gambit to get him noticed.
                  I can see the hockey team being a destination for certain people w a strong tie. Blaise is/was a local and Norm is an alum. We also have a strong culture for the sport.

Basketball on the other hand... More than a little suspicious. However, since Dana is a basketball man I will trust him to look for the right thing. I think we have our priorities straight on what type of person we want to run things. If we get a good basketball coach we aren't keeping him.

----

Are there Lowell basketball lurkers here? Can anybody give an intelligent statement on this stuff?
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Don't know if anyone saw this, but apparently according to ESPN, Carter Hutton never played at Lowell (from the game recap Saturday night):

Chicago even brought up career minor league goalie Carter Hutton to make his NHL debut. Hutton, who has been in the minors since signing in 2003 with the Thunder Bay Golden Hawks, made 25 saves.

Comment

The 2013 American Hockey Coaches Association convention runs from May 1-5 in Naples, FL. Coach Norm Bazin will receive the Spencer Penrose Award at the convention on May 4. Norm is the second Lowell coach to receive the award. Bruce Crowder received the Penrose Award in 1996.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                        Don't know if anyone saw this, but apparently according to ESPN, Carter Hutton never played at Lowell (from the game recap Saturday night):
                        I'm still slightly surprised that they acknowledged that Ruhwedel was from Lowell.
                        I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

• Originally posted by jrobes01 View Post
                          I don't think this has been posted yet: http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_2...sketball-coach
                          Somebody posted a comment on this article mentioning Al Skinner as the best possible candidate. Why not?

Comment

• Anyone else get a phone call from a player on the team today? I got a call from Michael Fallon letting me know about the Fenway game and how excited they all are to play in it. I guess there will be an email sent shortly about how to order seats.

Comment

http://blogs.lowellsun.com/thecolumn...f-up-pr-staff/
                              UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by fr0zn-4 View Post
                                Anyone else get a phone call from a player on the team today? I got a call from Michael Fallon letting me know about the Fenway game and how excited they all are to play in it. I guess there will be an email sent shortly about how to order seats.
                                Yes, I talked to Greg Amlong.

Comment

Working...
                                X