Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell Offseason Thread '13: In Norm We Trust

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    Bazin just mentioned that playing at Fenway does help with recruiting, and it's also great from the POV of the local players (Arnold, Pendenza, etc).

So as much as it sucks that we're the last HE team to play in this ... remember it's a good thing for the guys on the ice.
    According to the NU press release, the Fenway game will be a non-conference game.

Hockey East released a tentative 2013-14 conference schedule on March 22, 2013. As it stands, Northeastern and UML will collide in two regular season games on Friday and Saturday, Nov. 8-9, 2013, before the Fenway Park fracas. Because the conference schedule has been cut from 27 league games to 22 this season, the UML-NU game will not count towards conference standings.
    http://gonu.com/news/2013/4/25/MHKY_0425134716.aspx

Comment

So if you've missed it ... UMass is having a bit of a tough go of it right now.

Kevin Boyle (2 years left) and TJ Tiefenwerth (3 years) have left the program. NU's transfer to UMass (Dongara) sat out this year, but will not be joining the team next year as expected.
      Richard Murray ‏@Richie_Murray 13h
      Just confirmed with a #UMassHockey source that goalie Kevin Boyle will not be asked back next season. Essentially he is cut #HockeyEast
      Richard Murray ‏@Richie_Murray 41m
      Confirmed with a #UMassHockey source that in addition to goalie Kevin Boyle, K.J. Tiefenwerth will also not be back next season. #HockeyEast
      Jeff Cox ‏@JeffCoxSBNation 12h
      I'm hearing even after Boyle, Dongara, there will be 4-5 more players leaving UMass early. 3-4 forwards and 1 defenseman.
      Jeff Cox ‏@JeffCoxSBNation 7m
      Heard other names besides Tiefenwerth so either more cuts are coming or I heard wrong, but my source was right on Boyle so we'll see.
      According to one person at least, these are "cuts."
      Last edited by UMLFan; 04-26-2013, 11:10 AM.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        So if you've missed it ... UMass is having a bit of a tough go of it right now.

Kevin Boyle (2 years left) and TJ Tiefenwerth (3 years) have left the program. NU's transfer to UMass (Dongara) sat out this year, but will not be joining the team next year as expected.

According to one person at least, these are "cuts."
        Some addtional tweets.

Richard Murray ‏@Richie_Murray 14m
        May have already been reported but I was also told that UMass is also cutting scholarship money to returning players.
        Richard Murray ‏@Richie_Murray 16m
        many believe Coach Mick is making cuts to bring in money for his recruits
        It seems kind of late to have to fill a bunch of roster spots for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          Some addtional tweets.

It seems kind of late to have to fill a bunch of roster spots for next season.
          Can't believe this is really going to help recruiting in the long-run.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

here is a nice article about chad.http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs...130429459/1104

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
              According to the NU press release, the Fenway game will be a non-conference game.
              I saw this in the 2013-14 schedule thread. A non-conference game at Princeton.

Originally posted by rodney View Post
              Have heard that the three missing Princeton games are home for Lowell and two at Michigan State. Not sure about dates though.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                Horse. Why don't you go find some other fan base to bother.

Edit: you spat on our entire fan base on the basis of one clown? And it took you well over a week to event mention it. You haven't been shy in the past, why now?
                Just calling it like it was, friend. I didn't mention it because I had better things to do than languish on an internet message board. It's good to see fellow "flash in the pan" schools have some success, but you'd think Lowell fans thought they'd become Minnesota, BC or Michigan fans all of a sudden. I'm going to make peace with you guys and move on, but nothing I"ve said about the fan behavior was a lie or embellished one bit.
                Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                  Just calling it like it was, friend. I didn't mention it because I had better things to do than languish on an internet message board. It's good to see fellow "flash in the pan" schools have some success, but you'd think Lowell fans thought they'd become Minnesota, BC or Michigan fans all of a sudden. I'm going to make peace with you guys and move on, but nothing I"ve said about the fan behavior was a lie or embellished one bit.
                  So lying about the whole group is your reaction. I recall you call us vile and maybe even vulgar. And it took you over a week to express that reaction. Real courageous there buddy and certainly not the feedback I got.

Trust me, I have no problem tossing chuckleheads off the bus. That doesn't justify your garbage.
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post
                    If that happens at Tsongas then it is time to work it up the chain. If the ushers don't listen then pass it higher to UML staff. Contact Peter Casey or Dana Skinner if you need to.
                    Of course but this is when we were at another arena and we weren't rowdy or inconsiderate
                    BACK 2 BACK HE Champions whoda thunk it! Final Four 2013!

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post
                      So lying about the whole group is your reaction. I recall you call us vile and maybe even vulgar. And it took you over a week to express that reaction. Real courageous there buddy and certainly not the feedback I got.

Trust me, I have no problem tossing chuckleheads off the bus. That doesn't justify your garbage.
                      Don't get me wrong the students do have certain ppl that are very proud people but they won't get themselves in a situation unless provoked. So I'm guessing a person got in their face about something... And again it's only one person you shouldn't come to conclusions.
                      Oh and also NEVER compare us to BC fans... Unless its a former alumni who writes on this forum... We want to be different than them

Also this is addressed to onion
                      BACK 2 BACK HE Champions whoda thunk it! Final Four 2013!

Comment

Making peace usually doesn't mean posting inflammatory stuff in the same post. TIme to stop feeding the troll.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          Making peace usually doesn't mean posting inflammatory stuff in the same post. TIme to stop feeding the troll.
                          Screw that guy.

When I was a student in the early 90's there was nothing close to what is going on now. Everything has changed about the University and the City* and I'm very happy to be a small piece of that.

*I moved back to Lowell last April and couldn't be happier living here.
                          Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                            Screw that guy. When I was a student in the early 90's there was nothing close to what is going on now. Everything has changed about the University and the City* and I'm very happy to be a small piece of that.

*I moved back to Lowell last April and couldn't be happier living here.
                            No thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post

Truth isn't garbage, son. Don't let facts cloud your opinion. Many of your fans were embarrassing and several made fools of themselves and your school. I know this may come as a shock, but the reason why it took a week to post was I live a normal life that, unlike you, does not revolve around a message board.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLHockey224 View Post
                                Don't get me wrong the students do have certain ppl that are very proud people but they won't get themselves in a situation unless provoked. So I'm guessing a person got in their face about something... And again it's only one person you shouldn't come to conclusions.
                                Oh and also NEVER compare us to BC fans... Unless its a former alumni who writes on this forum... We want to be different than them

Also this is addressed to onion
                                Agreed. I don't think you have to worry about anyone ever comparing your fans or your program to Boston College

Comment

Working...
                                X