Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The best NCAA Championship by a league (ever)....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best NCAA Championship by a league (ever)....

The ECAC has taken it's lumps within this forum.
    And given the championship teams that have been produced by the other conferences and not the ECAC over past years, that criticism has legitimate basis. HOWEVER, if you are going to say that Championships are everything, then is the 2013 Championship the best EVER performance by a conference (based on record).

With that said, the 2013 NCAA Championship will see the ECAC go 6-0 versus non-league opponents (including defeating BC, Minn, North Dakota, etc, etc) and put 2 teams in the final. Of course when ECAC plays ECAC only one team can win.
    Has a conference ever replicated this in the past, or done even better (i.e. have 4 teams from a single conference gone undefeated versus other conferences?)
    -------------
    Yale University 2013 National Champs

Re: The best NCAA Championship by a league (ever)....

2004-05, the all-WCHA Frozen Four probably wins. The WCHA was 8-1 against other conferences in that tourney (UW losing to Michigan in the opening round was the only blight on the record... and that team came back to with the natty the next season).
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Well, there was an all-WCHA Frozen Four. /ends thread
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Congrats, ECAC, you're halfway to what the WCHA did under a decade ago.

Do you really want to be the Jan Brady conference?
        Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
        ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
            They aren't already?

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
              Well, there was an all-WCHA Frozen Four. /ends thread
              Nice try but Michigan (CCHA) beat Wisconsin (WCHA) in the first round so pretty sure that WCHA didn't go undefeated in the NCAAs that year against all other conferences....
              -------------
              Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

When you look at next year and all the very young ECAC teams returning great talent ... Brown, RPI, Dartmouth, Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and Colgate are all getting better and stronger ..... the league should be just as competitive next year.
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

That league also hAd 66% more Teams in that tournament

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                    When you look at next year and all the very young ECAC teams returning great talent ... Brown, RPI, Dartmouth, Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and Colgate are all getting better and stronger ..... the league should be just as competitive next year.
                    Yeah, next year Harvard makes the leap to 11 wins! STOP THE PRESSES!

Then again, QU may take a step back, considering half the team should be approaching retirement age next week.
                    Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                    ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                      Congrats, ECAC, you're halfway to what the WCHA did under a decade ago.

Well, we could say the same thing about your conferences re: academics, student athletes for last 100 or so years...

Cindy Brady's - "baby talk, baby talk...it's a wonder you can walk!"

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        They aren't already?
                        We'll see - tide is turning. Speed - and intelligence - kills!

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
                          Lol
                          All CT final - ROFLMAO.

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
                            Nice try but Michigan (CCHA) beat Wisconsin (WCHA) in the first round so pretty sure that WCHA didn't go undefeated in the NCAAs that year against all other conferences....
                            That UW team went on to win it all the next year.

And the WCHA still had every other team in the tourney go to the Frozen Four. It's still way more impressive than what the ECAC is doing this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale86 View Post
                              We'll see - tide is turning. Speed - and intelligence - kills!
                              See, this is exactly why I'm rooting for Quinnipiac tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X