04-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Here's the church. Here's the steeple. Open the doors-
WHERE THE HELL ARE ALL THE PEOPLE?!?!!

nodak651
04-11-2013, 05:38 PM
#EasternTeams ;)

HockeyMan2000
04-11-2013, 05:39 PM
ESPN just showed the first shot of the arena at a wide angle, several minutes into the 2nd people. Maybe it's just a late arriving crowd?? lol

This had to have been a really soft ticket. Looking at Ebay completed auctions, most went unsold and the few that did sell were under face value.

nodak651
04-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Do I recall correctly that fans must stay in the arena between games?
I'm assuming it will fill in during the second period.

HockeyMan2000
04-11-2013, 05:41 PM
Do I recall correctly that fans must stay in the arena between games?
Assuming it will fill in during the second.

Yeah, they're not clearing the place out with an hour between the games.

fr joe
04-11-2013, 05:41 PM
It's Thursday just past 5:30 pm.. . I wonder when the local walk up crowd will walk up? It's 'after work' for the 8:30 to 5ers now...

Also, as none of these schools have been to the Frozen Four (It wasn't the FF when Yale did it in '52), how are they at travelling to support their teams?

HockeyMan2000
04-11-2013, 05:44 PM
It's Thursday just past 5:30 pm.. . I wonder when the local walk up crowd will walk up? It's 'after work' for the 8:30 to 5ers now...

Also, as none of these schools have been to the Frozen Four (It wasn't the FF when Yale did it in '52), how are they at travelling to support their teams?

Billmich said in the other thread they had over 600 returned tickets from the schools involved.

Dutchfan
04-11-2013, 05:50 PM
There were way more people at Tampa last year for the Ferris/Union game. The place looks about two thirds full at best.

nodak651
04-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Well it doesn't help that a bunch of flights out of the midwest were canceled due to a snowstorm.

Edit: anybody have a link to some live stats?

Priceless
04-11-2013, 05:56 PM
most of the stands have filled in nicely. even the upper deck is packed. the exception happens to be the most visible seats. the club seats which were given to corporate partners in sections 111, 113, 114 and much of 112 are a wasteland. It's really embarrassing. Those seats should go to actual fans who will show up.

The only other section I see which is sparsely occupied is 116 from row 2 to row 13.

SteveP
04-11-2013, 06:21 PM
Just walked around the concourse and saw that QU and St. Cloud fans are filling up their seating areas.

Osorojo
04-11-2013, 06:27 PM
There were way more people at Tampa last year for the Ferris/Union game. The place looks about two thirds full at best.

Astonishing! Playoff hockey fans (other than bachelors) prefer to spend a couple of $K to attend a tournament in Tampa at the end of a long winter rather than save a couple hundred bucks and travel time attending a tournament in Pittsburgh at the height of mud season.

billmich88888
04-11-2013, 07:00 PM
600 tickets returned

http://triblive.com/mobile/3815955-96/frozen-tickets-available

The Freds
04-11-2013, 09:12 PM
As usual an awful lot of lower bowl seats between the face-off dots are empty

alfablue
04-12-2013, 12:07 AM
Dear old ticket buyers who don't come, please don't renew. There are plenty of people who would like your seats.

mookie1995
04-12-2013, 12:39 AM
Dear old ticket buyers who don't come, please don't renew. There are plenty of people who would like your seats.

As priceless typed, those buying in the lottery (lower bowl corners-behind nets & entire upper level) are full. It's the seats not offered to lottery buyers that are empty

CLS
04-12-2013, 01:07 AM
As usual an awful lot of lower bowl seats between the face-off dots are emptyAbsolutely friggin' infuriating :mad:. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe those seats are typically handouts from the NCAA to AD's etc. and to corporate sponsors.

Dear corporate sponsor and NCAA non-hockey fans who think that watching St. Cloud, UMass Lowell, and Quinnipiac is beneath you. Sorry we couldn't deliver a marquee matchup between schools that you've heard of (except for Yale, and I bet you didn't know they have a hockey team). Go to hell.

MarkEagleUSA
04-12-2013, 01:08 AM
As priceless typed, those buying in the lottery (lower bowl corners-behind nets & entire upper level) are full. It's the seats not offered to lottery buyers that are emptyI thought the commoners did a respectable job attendance-wise. The upper level was packed, as were the lower corners for the most part.

Priceless
04-12-2013, 06:55 AM
Absolutely friggin' infuriating :mad:. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe those seats are typically handouts from the NCAA to AD's etc. and to corporate sponsors.

Dear corporate sponsor and NCAA non-hockey fans who think that watching St. Cloud, UMass Lowell, and Quinnipiac is beneath you. Sorry we couldn't deliver a marquee matchup between schools that you've heard of (except for Yale, and I bet you didn't know they have a hockey team). Go to hell.

Correct on all counts. Will be interesting to see if any of them show up for the all-Connecticut final. It's embarrassing.

Give the corporate sponsors seats in the corner and let the real fans sit in the middle. I sat in the corner and thought the seats were awesome. I hope the guy from Philadelphia's Frozen Four committee is paying attention. He'll get an earful from me on Saturday.

claver2010
04-12-2013, 08:25 AM
Place looked empty on TV

You had Buccigross telling people to buy tickets for Saturday night during the broadcast.