Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What To Do In Pittsburgh

Originally posted by beaverhockey View Post
    Go to Primanti Brothers (the original) and have a Pittsburgh Cheesesteak.
    Amen to this. A must do.

Comment

I'll give u a list but east Carson Street will get you all the food beer and entertainment which includes Station Square, Mario's, Pittsburgh Steak and much more. Also Strip District has many ethic restaurants, Primanti's, try Roland's and others !!!! Pittsburgh is a great place with much more than I can put in here and Robinson an Cranberry although outside of city have many places to eat drink and be merry!!!!
      What is behind me is of no importance !!!!!!!

Comment

as jeff is saying, there are neighborhoods in pittsburgh. pittsburgh itself doesn't really have a 'downtown' where people live - after work they all go home. you can experience polish food up near the bloomfield st bridge and off penn ave east of the strip district in an area called... polish hill. you can do the jew thing in squirrel hill. find bloomfield and you can take in the italian section (kinds what boston's north end looked like 15yrs ago before post-yuppie yuppies moved in and took away Trio's).

as mookie has said many times, pittsburgh is a driving city.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

If you're from New England, you can seek out an odd variation of duckpin bowling. Glassport Lanes has rubber band duckpins. They have some open bowling.
          839 Monongahela Ave
          412-664-0544
          Glassport, PA

Comment

USCHO has some broadcasts set up with giveaways!

Comment

If you are interested in more hockey, the USA Hockey America's Showcase will be held April 10-14 at the RMU Island Sports Center. This event features high school hockey teams from all across the country. I think this was held in Chicago in previous years.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffShriver View Post
                I'll give u a list but east Carson Street will get you all the food beer and entertainment which includes Station Square, Mario's, Pittsburgh Steak and much more. Also Strip District has many ethic restaurants, Primanti's, try Roland's and others !!!! Pittsburgh is a great place with much more than I can put in here and Robinson an Cranberry although outside of city have many places to eat drink and be merry!!!!
                I love trying stuff native to the area. What is good ethnic food from Pittsburgh you might not be able to get lets say in Boston? I'm going to try Primonti Brothers for lunch one day.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                  I love trying stuff native to the area. What is good ethnic food from Pittsburgh you might not be able to get lets say in Boston? I'm going to try Primonti Brothers for lunch one day.
                  I'm not much on the ethnic stuff, definitely an 'American' food person but definitely love trying and supporting the smaller business people in lieu of chains. Primonti is on the list for this trip but still accumulating info.
                  Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                  Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                  "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                  KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Also Sat and Sunday, St. Louis Monday if still in town

Comment

Sorry, this was supposed to attach to the Pirates game thread

Comment

Working...
                      X