PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Gophers Offesason Thread: Back To 1896

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

4four4
04-03-2013, 12:44 PM
Well we are starting to see players leaving. When does Bjug's leave? Today, tomorrow, next week?

goldy_331
04-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Well we are starting to see players leaving. When does Bjug's leave? Today, tomorrow, next week?

Yes. ;)

4four4
04-03-2013, 12:54 PM
Yes. ;)

I heard it from the grapevine Nick is staying. ;)

goldy_331
04-03-2013, 12:56 PM
I heard it from the grapevine Nick is staying. ;)

I'd be willing to place a bet against the grapevine.

Biddco
04-03-2013, 01:02 PM
Kinda funny that Budish said he was staying and then signed a deal.

state of hockey
04-03-2013, 02:06 PM

Hardly the first time that's happened.

SanTropez
04-03-2013, 02:31 PM

Kid was emotional after a loss it happens, what's he gonna say "yeah I think I will be leaving the Gopher program after the plane lands back in MN"

Nope

GopherFan89
04-03-2013, 02:34 PM
In the Schmidt article, tDon was quoted as saying that he wouldn't try to talk anyone into staying. I was wondering about this and I suppose it's because you're faced with one of two options:
A) Try and talk your players into staying for four years and become known as someone who doesn't fully support college hockey as a development for the pros thus losing out on top-quality players who don't want that pressure
B) Emphasize that it's their choice completely and get those top-drafted players for at least a year or three, hope they stay, but be SOL when they leave, while replacing them with a new player for two or three years

Which is better?

Stauber1
04-03-2013, 02:41 PM
In the Schmidt article, tDon was quoted as saying that he wouldn't try to talk anyone into staying. I was wondering about this and I suppose it's because you're faced with one of two options:
A) Try and talk your players into staying for four years and become known as someone who doesn't fully support college hockey as a development for the pros thus losing out on top-quality players who don't want that pressure
B) Emphasize that it's their choice completely and get those top-drafted players for at least a year or three, hope they stay, but be SOL when they leave, while replacing them with a new player for two or three years

Which is better?

I think he made it perfectly clear why he wasn't going to try to talk anyone in to staying. He wants the guys who stay to have two feet here, not one here and one in the NHL.
That seems incredibly sensible to me.

SanTropez
04-03-2013, 02:42 PM
I think he made it perfectly clear why he wasn't going to try to talk anyone in to staying. He wants the guys who stay to have two feet here, not one here and one in the NHL.

ding ding ding winner

goldy_331
04-03-2013, 03:14 PM
The last guy we had with one foot in was Schroeder.

Driftryder
04-03-2013, 03:22 PM
And now it's official Bjugs signed with the Florida Panthers.

Good luck to Nick in the NHL!

jimmie2dog
04-03-2013, 03:24 PM
The last guy we had with one foot in was Schroeder.

Is Schroeder in the bigs? Trying to imagine him lining up against typical NHL size and strength.

5mn_Major
04-03-2013, 03:26 PM
And now it's official Bjugs signed with the Florida Panthers.

Good luck to Nick in the NHL!

Love Bjugs as the most talented guy at the U in years. Yet I think Nick will end up being a role player. We've seen close to a Vanek level of talent, but nowhere near a Vanek level of fire.

jimmie2dog
04-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Love Bjugs as the most talented guy at the U in years. Yet I think Nick will end up being a role player. We've seen close to a Vanek level of talent, but nowhere near a Vanek level of fire.

Playing OOP at center wasn't the best for his development. Put him on the wing with a NHL center (prolly Mueller) his size, strength and quick release will be money.

jerryj
04-03-2013, 03:50 PM
good luck to nick. people can say what they want but its not often a kid turns down a pro contract two years in a row for his college program. he gave the team what he had and was part of turning this program back around.. finishing the back to back macnaughton cups

my projected lineup assuming haula leaves.. and alt as well (complete guess on my part). still not sure whether lettieri should come in.. i think he is ready but they still have plenty of guys fit for top 6 rolls and also plenty of guys fit for bottom 6 rolls

warning rau fasching (warning and rau could do some damage. a big body in fasching and he moves well for his size)
cammarata condon serratore (gonna want a finisher next to cammarata and then serratore will bring a physical presence)
guertler boyd kloos (boyd and guertler are hard to play against. kloos brings some scoring to the 3rd line)
michaelson horn r reilly (guys that i think bring great energy and id like to see in the lineup. don evidently doesnt as these three sat most of the year)

parenteau m reilly
skjei marshall
holl brodzinski

wilcox

Driftryder
04-03-2013, 03:55 PM
good luck to nick. people can say what they want but its not often a kid turns down a pro contract two years in a row for his college program. he gave the team what he had and was part of turning this program back around.. finishing the back to back macnaughton cups

my projected lineup assuming haula leaves.. and alt as well (complete guess on my part). still not sure whether lettieri should come in.. i think he is ready but they still have plenty of guys fit for top 6 rolls and also plenty of guys fit for bottom 6 rolls

warning rau fasching (warning and rau could do some damage. a big body in fasching and he moves well for his size)
cammarata condon serratore (gonna want a finisher next to cammarata and then serratore will bring a physical presence)
guertler boyd kloos (boyd and guertler are hard to play against. kloos brings some scoring to the 3rd line)
michaelson horn r reilly (guys that i think bring great energy and id like to see in the lineup. don evidently doesnt as these three sat most of the year)

parenteau m reilly
skjei marshall
holl brodzinski

wilcox

I'm pretty sure C Reilly will be in the lineup next year for sure, he was injured all year or he would have played this year. He also will be an older "Freshman" who can score.

Diggs13
04-03-2013, 03:56 PM
I agree with you (jerryj) about Alt leaving. I also think Condon, Ambroz and Rau are potentially going to leave early this year as well. Any others with the possibility to leave?

Gurtholfin
04-03-2013, 03:57 PM
Is Schroeder in the bigs? Trying to imagine him lining up against typical NHL size and strength.

Yeah, he's actually suiting up for Vancouver. Even got an opportunity in a shootout against the Hawks.

On a side, I really enjoy seeing the guys from the 2010 WJC playing all over the NHL now and even a few still in the NCAAs. That was such a great tourney and a fun team to root for. That win against Canada is up there with my favorite hockey games.

Driftryder
04-03-2013, 03:58 PM
I agree with you (jerryj) about Alt leaving. I also think Condon, Ambroz and Rau are potentially going to leave early this year as well. Any others with the possibility to leave?

I would be really surprised if anyone other than Haula leaves to be honest, but you never know these days.