Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be crowned the Hobey Baker award??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be crowned the Hobey Baker award??

As the Hobey Baker award is coming near I thought a new thread is needed for predicting winner.

Okay here are the top ten hobey candidates.

-Greg Carey, Jr, F, St. Lawrence University
    -Carsen Chubak, Jr, G, Niagara University
    -Austin Czarnik, So, F, Miami University
    -Kyle Flanagan, Sr, F, St. Lawrence University
    -Johnny Gaudreau, So, F, Boston College
    -Eric Hartzell, Sr, G, Quinnipiac University
    -Corban Knight, Sr, F, University of North Dakota
    -Danny Kristo, Sr, F, University of North Dakota
    -Drew LeBlanc, Sr, F, St. Cloud State University
    -Ryan Walters, Jr, F, University of Nebraska Omaha

Lets hear your picks and why GO!!

Re: Who will be crowned the Hobey Baker award??

Top 3: LeBlanc, Kristo, Hartzell
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Hat Trick: Hartzell, LeBlanc, Gaudreau
      Winner: Winner from Quinnipiac/SCSU. I know the game doesn't matter but I can't pick one.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
        Top 3: LeBlanc, Kristo, Hartzell
        You're assuming the committee throws out the whole character piece?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
          You're assuming the committee throws out the whole character piece?
          I find this argument against Kristo interesting. He supposedly had character issues before the underage drinking incident at the beginning of this season, which obviously can be pointed to as a character issue. Exactly what were the character issues before this though? Walking around without shoes or socks or whatever really happened, isn't a character issue. It's a being an idiot issue.

The other interesting thing is that the same drinking incident isn't held against Corban Knight. This all seems to be a perception issue to me. Knight is a clean cut great guy while Kristo is a schmuck who's always in trouble, even if this isn't true.

I don't expect Danny to win or even be in the final three. The fact that UND chose to promote Knight over him shows that they didn't really expect him to either.
          Last edited by Dirty; 04-03-2013, 11:51 AM.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

LeBlanc, Gaudreau, Hartzell. I think Knight is deserving but he and Kristo split votes. At the same time, voters often bone goalies so I think Knight could steal Hartzell's spot
            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
              I find this argument against Kristo interesting. He supposedly had character issues before the underage drinking incident at the beginning of this season, which obviously can be pointed to as a character issue. Exactly what were the character issues before this though? Walking around without shoes or socks or whatever really happened, isn't a character issue. It's a being an idiot issue.

The other interesting things is that the same drinking incident isn't held against Corban Knight. This all seems to be a perception issue to me. Knight is a clean cut great guy while Kristo is a schmuck who's always in trouble.

I don't expect Danny to win or even be in the final three. The fact that UND chose to promote Knight over him shows that they didn't really expect him to either.
              I agree, in that if Knight was also involved in providing alcohol to minors and encouraging them to drink to the point of alcohol poisoning, he also should be eliminated from consideration. I think that issue alone is quite enough to disqualify both, regardless of "being an idiot."

Comment

The other interesting thing is that the same drinking incident isn't held against Corban Knight.
                The charges against Knight were dropped.
                scsuhockey.com
                CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
                  The charges against Knight were dropped.
                  Then he clearly did nothing wrong.
                  Originally posted by SJHovey
                  Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                  Originally posted by Brenthoven
                  We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                    Hat Trick: Hartzell, LeBlanc, Gaudreau
                    Winner: Winner from Quinnipiac/SCSU. I know the game doesn't matter but I can't pick one.
                    Nailed it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...4&l=37a14c97b8
                    scsuhockey.com
                    CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
                      Good job outa you. And a great group, I can't argue against any of these guys deserving the award.

Comment

Lest we not forget Kristo's epic, blubbering tantrum after getting booted on a 100% legit call. Shall we just ignore that part of his "character"?

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                          Lest we not forget Kristo's epic, blubbering tantrum after getting booted on a 100% legit call. Shall we just ignore that part of his "character"?
                          Yes. Just because he plays for UND everything is a character issue to you I am sure. The alcohol incident definitely was, other than that I don't think there were really any character issues for him.

But he isn't in the top three and it doesn't matter.
                          Last edited by Dirty; 04-03-2013, 12:29 PM.
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Yes. Just because he plays for UND, everything is a character issue to you I am sure. The alcohol incident definitely was, other than that I don't think there were really any character issues for him.
                            I made no mention of the team he plays for. The fact that it's UND is irrelevant. He got shiitefaced drunk and stumbled around campus, in the snow, in his socks; not to mention the whole other party incident. He threw one of the most immature, tear-filled tantrums I've ever seen a player throw after getting a penalty called against him. I guess I tend to think those are all somewhat of an indication of his character. I'd say the same thing if he played for any team, including the one I cheer for.

Comment

LeBlanc is gonna win this thing

Comment

Working...
                              X