PDA

View Full Version : Union Hockey Official off Season Thread: Can U Three Peat?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

FlagDUDE08
04-08-2013, 09:21 AM
Amazing commentary coming from a guy who said Union didnt have any D 1 or draft pick types and that no one was as good as P Koudys from RPI. When I said they did, you and your pals lambasted and dumped on the Union players.
Now it is so obvious that Union has to learn to deal with all the "talent" leaving.

Union is just fine and has a great system in place and a great talent evaluator in RB. They will need time to adjust but with their 2nd and 3rd lines back a,d SG on the point, they will be fine again and will finish ahead of RPI, again

When did I say that? Once again, you are blinded by hatred. There is a time to use your heart, and a time to use your brain. It's the off season, both teams are out, so what's so bad about objectively analyzing the situation of a team? Unless you typically aestivate, you'd notice that it is not football season yet, so a mark of civility is observed.

Hokydad
04-08-2013, 09:36 AM
zero hatred, could care less.

It is a fact you and a couple of your buddies said it a while back and make fun of Bodie in pretty good fashion. You and Ralph also made the commenst about Union never winning an NCAA playoff game on and on

You dont predict, you repeat what happened like a parrot on someones shoulder

Ralph Baer
04-08-2013, 10:18 AM
Amazing commentary coming from a guy who said Union didnt have any D 1 or draft pick types and that no one was as good as P Koudys from RPI. When I said they did, you and your pals lambasted and dumped on the Union players.
Now it is so obvious that Union has to learn to deal with all the "talent" leaving.

Union is just fine and has a great system in place and a great talent evaluator in RB. They will need time to adjust but with their 2nd and 3rd lines back a,d SG on the point, they will be fine again and will finish ahead of RPI, again

Thanks for describing me as a great talent evaluator. :p

Nick Papagiorgio
04-08-2013, 10:22 AM
Welcome to the big leagues of college hockey.

When did it become normal for an RPI fan to WELCOME another program into "the big leagues of college hockey"? Shouldn't RPI at least be there first to welcome them in?

Wholin1
04-08-2013, 10:26 AM
Very surprised Grosenick would sign now. Because of his age, he is limited to a one-year deal and a ceiling on his signing bonus, NHL salary and AHL salary. If he waited until after his senior season he would have no limitations on the term or $$ he could earn.Interesting info. It does seem a bit surprising if true, particularly with Troy being an economics management major with a 3.8 plus GPA!

FlagDUDE08
04-08-2013, 10:29 AM
When did it become normal for an RPI fan to WELCOME another program into "the big leagues of college hockey"? Shouldn't RPI at least be there first to welcome them in?

Obvious troll is obvious.

FlagDUDE08
04-08-2013, 10:35 AM
zero hatred, could care less.

Zero hatred is bull****, given your baiting in both threads. I believe the post involved you cheering about RPI losing to Brown, and a poster immediately told you to **** off. Take a look at the thread if you don't believe me.

It is a fact you and a couple of your buddies said it a while back and make fun of Bodie in pretty good fashion. You and Ralph also made the commenst about Union never winning an NCAA playoff game on and on

I don't recall ever going after Bodie. Jooris maybe, but not Bodie. Also, I cannot speak for Ralph, but I haven't talked about Union not winning a playoff game since they actually won one. It's called put up or shut up. They put up, so I'll shut up.

You dont predict, you repeat what happened like a parrot on someones shoulder

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Time to stop hitting the "read post" button.

FlagDUDE08
04-08-2013, 10:41 AM
Interesting info. It does seem a bit surprising if true, particularly with Troy being an economics management major with a 3.8 plus GPA!

That doesn't mean he can't finish his degree in the off-seasons. Given he is signing as a free agent without a draft contract to a particular team, it wouldn't surprise me if he had piled on the credits in earlier years to give himself a good jump. This is a great opportunity for TG, and given economics management isn't exactly the best job market, he'd be a fool not to take the opportunity when presented with it.

Back check
04-08-2013, 10:57 AM
That doesn't mean he can't finish his degree in the off-seasons. Given he is signing as a free agent without a draft contract to a particular team, it wouldn't surprise me if he had piled on the credits in earlier years to give himself a good jump. This is a great opportunity for TG, and given economics management isn't exactly the best job market, he'd be a fool not to take the opportunity when presented with it.

It is possible he could have signed a much better contract after his senior season. At that time, because of his age, he would not be in the entry-level category.

Hokydad
04-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Zero hatred is bull****, given your baiting in both threads. I believe the post involved you cheering about RPI losing to Brown, and a poster immediately told you to **** off. Take a look at the thread if you don't believe me.

I don't recall ever going after Bodie. Jooris maybe, but not Bodie. Also, I cannot speak for Ralph, but I haven't talked about Union not winning a playoff game since they actually won one. It's called put up or shut up. They put up, so I'll shut up.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Time to stop hitting the "read post" button.

You lie like most people breathe. Thought I was on your ignore list

Very happy when RPI lost to Brown, with their track record of choking every year in tournament, I expected it
I dont know what a troll is but you patronizing Union on their thread probably falls in that catagory. If you go back and look 3/4 years ago, only 1 or 2 Union posters and they were tortured on here by RPI posters.

Ralph Baer
04-08-2013, 11:36 AM
If you go back and look 3/4 years ago, only 1 or 2 Union posters and they were tortured on here by RPI posters.

A lot of fair-weath ... Oh, never mind! ;)

Hokydad
04-08-2013, 11:42 AM
A lot of fair-weath ... Oh, never mind! ;)

If you go back and look at 2009-2010 threads it is mind boggling. It was so obvious that RPI fans were very insecure and they used Union to pump themelves up. Borderline bullying. that is why I get a kick out of it when RPI talks over Brown and looks past them and then chokes.

Union has many positive things coming up and a very good class coming in. they will fight for top 4 and league tournament championship again next year. Very good pipeline and a better program then RPI.

Ralph Baer
04-08-2013, 11:50 AM
Union has many positive things coming up and a very good class coming in. they will fight for top 4 and league tournament championship again next year. Very good pipeline and a better program then RPI. I am curious as to whom you regard as the top recruits for Union this fall?

turk181
04-08-2013, 11:55 AM
I am curious as to whom you regard as the top recruits for Union this fall?.....oooh, ooooh, I know! Vecchione,Taylor, Young. :D

FlagDUDE08
04-08-2013, 11:59 AM
It is possible he could have signed a much better contract after his senior season. At that time, because of his age, he would not be in the entry-level category.

I don't know why, but I keep thinking that with the shorter contract, he'll see some play time, even if it's in the lower leagues. Also, it's possible that he could get injured in his senior year of college, and then the only option he has is trying to find a job with his degree. Plus, didn't he get injured this past year? Or was there some other thing that happened to precipitate the need for CS to play? The timing may just be right, and I think he made the right decision for his career. It wouldn't surprise me to see him lace up in the big one.

FlagDUDE08
04-08-2013, 12:00 PM
.....oooh, ooooh, I know! Vecchione,Taylor, Young. :D

Any of them goalies? I would certainly think that Bennett had a plan for 14-15 that he has to enact now.

turk181
04-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Any of them goalies? I would certainly think that Bennett had a plan for 14-15 that he has to enact now.Joe Young from same program as Stevens...Jr. Bruins. Highly rated.

FlagDUDE08
04-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Whats mind boggling is someone would actually admit to looking at 4 year old internet chat to analyze what one group of fans say to another.

It's the only crutch he has. You'd think if he and some of the more arrogant people in this fan base were trying to teach us a lesson about looking to the past, that they'd take the lesson to heart and follow it themselves.

I'm sure he's still bragging about Brown and how all of us thought it'd be easy-peasy, while not taking notice that I actually picked Brown to win the series.

I'm more sorry that Union has this dope as a follower than certain RPI posters are that they have me as a follower. :eek:

FlagDUDE08
04-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Joe Young from same program as Stevens...Jr. Bruins. Highly rated.

I think we could safely assume he's coming in next year. What league is Jr. Bruins? Is that EJHL?

turk181
04-08-2013, 12:09 PM
I think we could safely assume he's coming in next year. What league is Jr. Bruins? Is that EJHL?Yes and yes.